• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: Beautiful LE300 Princess For YOU (if you're Pincrazy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: Beautiful LE300 Princess For YOU (if you're Pincrazy)

Ajk

Let's party like its 2019.
Rating - 100%
211   0   0
What better way to spend a (Labor) day than to kick off a super fun auction? My very first auction was for the dancing Rapunzel and it was such a great auction for so many reasons. So I am very excited to now be offering up the Dancing Merida (PinPics #123746). Isn't she just gorgeous? And such a fun pin. Plus it has a a super low LE of just 300!! And this one could be YOURS. How you ask? Well...

I have a TON of wants on PinPics under AJK so it should be very easy to make a bid. And I am very open to any and all bids! But to help guide you a bit:

Top of my list:
- DSF Dark Tales, WDI Storybooks, and WDI Alice. Still my biggest wants right now. (With Alice added recently thanks to FairyTails.)
- Zero from the DSSH NBC 25th anniversary pins. He's the only one I still need! (Other than the Santa Claus chaser)
- My many grails.
- PODMs. Made some progress on these, but still need about half of them.
- Chasers from the 2017 Film Mystery Collection. I only have, like, three to go!
- Chasers from the Disney (not Pixar) alphabet collection. Another set I've made good progress on but still need a few.
- Chasers from the 2013 Pixar Mystery Collection. Working on this one slowly but surely.

Next batch:
- Moana - My most recent collection so still need most pins.
- Villains. Especially Maleficent.
- Nightmare Before Christmas. Especially if they are parts of sets I haven’t finished. But really anything nice.
- Alice in Wonderland. Especially anything that’s a bit different.
- Park rides and attractions. Especially WDW first and then DL.

After that:
- Anything else on my long list of wants
- Any good traders.

Prefer not:
- Hidden Mickeys. Unless they are one of my grails.
- Princesses. Unless they are one of my wants.

Please don’t:
- Fantasy
- Scrappers
- Fakes

As for the other details, this auction will close on Saturday, September 7th, at 5:00 PM EASTERN TIME.
Please indicate if you will require international shipping so I can consider that with your bid. (Sorry, but it's a factor.)

And with that, I wish everyone Good Luck, and let the bidding begin!
993635c93e71bd7637db00491995ed79.jpg

61fed327742457a1eb9543569fc6ea7a.jpg

06910dfac777b199e33994160c3b30ee.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Wow, it's been over a month since anyone's done an auction!
I will start the bidding with this pin:
Pin 7169 Nightmare Before Christmas Event - Logo
pin7169th200
Thanks for laboring on an excellent first bid!

I hope everyone had a nice Labor Day weekend. But now it's time to get back to work...at this auction! Still need a couple more bids for a leader board!

It’s a nice pin. I like it so much that I already own it. :) TBH, this is one of my favorite sets from Acme/ Hot Art/ Pinopolis (whoever made them). Good luck.

Reactions: Ajk
Coming up on the 24 hour mark so will post a leader board.
First, thanks for the two GREAT bids! I appreciate your both going with solid bids from my wants. They are actually very close to each other with different pros/cons.
NBC is one of my main collections while PTD is a side collection. So NBC gets a point there.
NBC is an older collection as well. But sometimes you get tired of the old and more excited by the new so the PTD gets the nod there.
PTD wins on LE.
But NBC has a stronger wants/trades ratio.
Since my pin is also LE 300 I should really go with the PTD. But with the HM closed right now to be decked out for Halloween, and me going to be there next month, the sentimental side of me makes me say:

1. @sockgnome - Pin 7169 Nightmare Before Christmas Event - Logo
2. @justharry - PTD Monsieur D'Arque pinpics # 112593

Still plenty of time for more bids!

Last edited:
"Prefer not:
- Hidden Mickeys. Unless they are one of my grails."

Except you don't HAVE any Hidden Mickey grails. Oh yeah, I spotted that. And you are going DOWN!

Well, not really. All that's going to happen is that I am going to bid Hidden Mickeys. ;) But hey, they're on your wants!

I will bid:
pin#119774 (King restroom sign)
Pin #119773 (Queen restroom sign)
pin # 108537 (Mickey Pretzel)

I have not bid on many auctions, so I hope this isn't somehow an insult (Hidden Mickeys for an LE). But thought the wants/trades ratios helped out my bid.

Reactions: Ajk
"Prefer not:
- Hidden Mickeys. Unless they are one of my grails."

Except you don't HAVE any Hidden Mickey grails. Oh yeah, I spotted that. And you are going DOWN!

Well, not really. All that's going to happen is that I am going to bid Hidden Mickeys. ;) But hey, they're on your wants!

I will bid:
pin#119774 (King restroom sign)
Pin #119773 (Queen restroom sign)
pin # 108537 (Mickey Pretzel)

I have not bid on many auctions, so I hope this isn't somehow an insult (Hidden Mickeys for an LE). But thought the wants/trades ratios helped out my bid.
So many things to respond to here! Where to begin? :)

Well, first and foremost, a big Thank You for the wonderful job on our third bid!

Nice try on the no HM grails thing, but I do have to point out #36555. Granted, they were called Cast Lanyard pins back then, but same thing. And #44549 in my signature. Which, sure, technically are not specifically marked as grails, but they pretty much are. So hmmm...Who's going down? :p

But you're not here for a debate on the accuracy of my HM grail situation. You're here to know where your bid stands. I absolutely do NOT see it as an insult and very much appreciate your making a pitch for Merida. (Although I might have felt differently without the other bids on the table.:D) They are all nice pins I would like to acquire someday and they get you on the leaderboard. But in third place I'm afraid.

1. @sockgnome - Pin 7169 Nightmare Before Christmas Event - Logo
2. @justharry - PTD Monsieur D'Arque pinpics # 112593
2. @LadyBarclay - pin#119774 (King restroom sign), Pin #119773 (Queen restroom sign), pin # 108537 (Mickey Pretzel)

We just crossed the 23 hour mark. Plenty of time for enhanced bids and/or new bidders! (This is when it starts getting exciting.)

giphy.gif

And, just because we've used so many emojis between us, let's add :cool:. :rolleyes:

Rushing to find sometjing to bid:stitch:
107854-Le400 DSF NBC puzzle Pumpkin King:cool:
Thank you for toiling on a great bid with another one of my wants! It plays nicely into my NBC collection similar to the current leader, but has a stronger LE. I haven't actually started collecting this particular set yet, but this provides me an opportunity to start on them. It's actually at a similar level overall to the other top contenders, but I have surpisingly few Pumpkin King pins. Only one actually that I can think of offhand. So I think I need to get this one into my collection even if I don't end up getting the rest of the set. So this one becomes the current leader. And the updated leaderboard is:

1. @pincrazy - 107854-Le400 DSF NBC puzzle Pumpkin King
2. @sockgnome - Pin 7169 Nightmare Before Christmas Event - Logo
3. @justharry - PTD Monsieur D'Arque pinpics # 112593

Under a half hour to go! I'll be standing by! :)

I will add
Pin 112222 DLR - 2015 Hidden Mickey Diamond Characters - Pirates Red Head
Pin 112039 DLR - 2015 Hidden Mickey Diamond Characters - Flora

From your wants :)

I will add
Pin 112222 DLR - 2015 Hidden Mickey Diamond Characters - Pirates Red Head
Pin 112039 DLR - 2015 Hidden Mickey Diamond Characters - Flora

From your wants :)
Mmmmmm.....Urrrrggggghhhhhh......Arrrrrrrr....I forgot how hard this can be!!!!

I very much appreciate the addition to your bid, and those are definitely HMs I need/want. But I think I am going to leave the leaderboard as it is.

I'll also add
Pin 132730 Haunted Mansion - Holiday 2018 - Gingerbread

No idea if you want this, but it's the closest other NBC pin I have, lol
That is definitely an...interesting pin. :D Never seen it before and not something on my radar. The description on PinPics is pretty crazy - "Gingerbread man...running in fear. Another one is falling out of a window." That is one interesting pin. But it actually creeps me out a bit. :D

I very much appreciate your upping your bid again. It's clear you want the pin, and I wish I had an extra one so I could trade with you as well, but I think I am going to declare pincrazy the winner. I just really like the idea of adding the Pumpkin King pin to my NBC collection. Sorry. :( But thank you for participating in my auction! And thanks to @justharry and @LadyBarclay for your bids as well!

@pincrazy - Congratulations! I will send you a DM to finalize everything.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back