Best Retailer of 2020 Poll- Vote Now

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by mybabykelly, Dec 22, 2020.

Tags:
?

Which Disney Pin Retailer Released the Best Pins of 2020?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2021.
  1. WDI

12.5%
  2. DSSH

18.8%
  3. DEC

6.3%
  4. Shop Disney/Disney Store

12.5%
  5. Disney Parks

37.5%
  6. Loungefly

12.5%
  7. Other (Please Comment Below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

While this year has been unconventional to say the least, we still got plenty of pin releases. Let’s take it to a vote... which retailer ruled 2020 with your favorite releases?

Some highlights:

WDI - Film Strips, Best in Show Dogs, Couples Crests, Cinderella/Pinocchio Anniversary

DSSH - Character Blocks, Villains Playing Cards, PTDs, Cuties, Anniversary Pins

DEC - Character Names Aristocats, Pluto’s Corner

ShopDisney - Film Anniversary Series, Anniversary Sets, Keys, Castle Collection, Alien Remix

Disney Parks - Minnie Main Attraction, Enchanted Emblems, I Collect, Trading Cards, Scratch and Sniff

Loungefly - Blind boxes, Funko Pop Jumbos, 65th Anniversary Puzzle, $25 Jumbos.

Other - List your other highlights below!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    Jabberwocky and Pecosace like this.
  2. mybabykelly

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

I’ll start it off with DSSH being my #1 and Disney Parks being a close second. Loved the MMMA and it kept things exciting during the down months, but DSSH came back strong at the end of the year.

3. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

I gotta give it to WDI for this year. I was really impressed by how well-designed and large the Pinocchio and Cinderella anniversaries came out. I say this because lots of the DSSH LE pins this year were... tiny and that made me underwhelmed when I saw the pins in person. Same with lots of the 20 Years Pin Event pins. I wasn’t blown away by most of them except for the framed set.

I wasn’t super impressed with the WDI couples crests though. I guess for how hyped up they became relative to everything else WDI put out, I expected better.

Wish we got to see more from DEC. I think they could have done better than WDI if they had the chance to release more pins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mybabykelly likes this.
  4. mybabykelly

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

Sooo agreed. DEC was my #1 last year but they didn’t get the chance to release too much this year. I’m hoping they have some waiting to release once things get better :)

5. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

All things considered, Disney Parks could almost be considered ShopDisney for half of this year but pretty much bots/resellers/merchpass killed any enthusiasm for me. Loungefly interested me a bit and was pleasantly surprised that their LE’s usually stayed in stock for a while. I think the ultimate winner were DSSH’s surprise online queue’s even though the eventual releases were hit/miss for me; what was awesome that they were available to non locals for once...

slbrabham and mybabykelly like this.
  6. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

In general, this wasn't a good pin year for me. If the WDI release had happened in June, it might have been a different story. So while my vote for overall quality will usually go to DEC or WDI, I have to sidestep and give favorite retailer to Loungefly this year!

Despite some concerns about overall quality (will we see yellowing in 5-10 years?), Loungefly really saved us this year! While Disney was busy trying to figure out how to navigate the pandemic, Loungefly kept up a steady flow of releases, and introduced us to some wonderful new jumbos! And their blind boxes are always fun to collect.

Runner up for me was DSSH. Although I didn't get lucky with the wave I did like (The rainbows and waves), I did manage to get the latest ones, and I'm excited to see them!

7. Rick195275

Rick195275 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

I’m going with parks pins, love the I collect, Disney scents and park cruisers sets! Runner up would be dssh for me.

mybabykelly likes this.
  8. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Shall we cross off ShopDisney solely for the level of packaging we've seen this year or am I just a little too bitter about that.... I thought Disney Parks did a fantastic job with MMMA though, super cute sets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    149   0   0

Pretty sure MMMA is a Disney Store monthly series. Not sure why it was released in parks, but I am chalking it up to this weird year.

coblj003 and akarih like this.
  10. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

Best open edition pins: Disneyland Paris - they consistently make large beautiful rack pins

Best park-specific pins: HKDL - their Marvel pins are some of my favorite pins being released overall **this is pretty much an honorary win as I don't think they really had the chance to release anything this year, but I have faith they'll bring it again next year!

Best licensee: ReedPop/Comic-Con - Skottie Young pins are consistently fun and the boxed ReedPop Skottie set which included a collection of Skottie pins, along with comics and a journal in a fantastic illustrated box was the best presentation I saw this year in terms of one overall offering - but runner-up I think the Loungefly LE jumbos were surprisingly impressive, too

Best LE pins: Year in and year out - the only pins that come close to the quality of the greatest pins ever released (Disney Auctions) are WDI pins.

Best of the year: WDI

mybabykelly likes this.
  11. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    149   0   0

Thinking... with the receipt of my Cheshire with balancing tea cups and the Amazon exclusive Manolorian pins... I am in agreement with Abyssinian28's assessment. I would like to change my vote to Loungefly.

Abyssinian28 and mybabykelly like this.
  12. aleck2008

aleck2008 Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I will vote for Soda fountain. They have some of my favorite releases of the year. Mother’s Day/Father’s Day, Christmas and rainbow pins....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk