• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Can enamel / paint just ´fall off ´ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can enamel / paint just ´fall off ´ ?

DisneyOlivia

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
So the title is relatively self explanatory. It's about a DSF pin that I received from another reputable member on this forum a LONG time ago (not even sure who it was but I know I had/have no doubts about the person's honesty) with a whole "section" between gold lines that has no colour anymore. It definitely looks like there WAS something there which has since possibly just fallen out. The pin does have other scuff marks around the same corner - I had just never noticed as I wasn't a big fan of the pin.

Its a DSF 2010 pin and I'm not sure if it has been counterfeited / was just possibly is bad quality ?

I would love any feedback or experiences with DSF around this time etc...

Thanks everyone ! :lurk:

Yes. It's rare but it can happen. I've seen pins directly from DSF that were missing parts or entire sections of the enamel. (Friar Tuck PTD was a particularly bad one).

Hmmm that's super good to know ! Thanks. I'm pretty sure it's real but if someone wants it for their collection it isn't really "pretty". Should I bin it ?

It might be worth it to post it up for sale/trade first (as long as you're up front about the missing enamel). You never know who might be interested.

I have a rare Alice teacup pin (35572) that I traded a LOT for many years ago. Then when I happened to look at it maybe two or three years ago, I noticed it was missing a bit of enamel in I think two spots. I don't remember the paint being missing when I first traded for it - or I wouldn't have traded all that I did for it - so I think it may have fallen out over time. :(

i eventually found a replacement for my collection but I keep the first one in my trade bag just in case I find the right home for it. It's way too rare a pin to let go of lightly, however, even missing a bit of paint.

The enamel can definitely just fall out, particularly in older Disney auctions pins, and particularly the small pieces. If you have had pins in a book for a long time and suddenly notice a section missing, look in the creases of the book- it might be there. You can super glue enamel back in if you can locate the missing piece! I've done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back