• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Can't Find This Pin Listed on Pinpics: Can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't Find This Pin Listed on Pinpics: Can you help?

showmethepins

Gotta Find Mickey Pins!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi Everybody. I received this pin today and can't find it on Pinpics. Does anyone know if it's listed, and if so, what it's number is? Thanks in advance for the help!

SAM_1343.jpg

Hi,
It is hard to tell, because you have not said much about it. If it is a light up pin, could it be this one:
Pin 15609: TDL - Pumpkin Head (Minnie) Light Up ?

Thanks for all of the help everybody!

@destiny117 - It's not a light up pin, but it does look just like that one.

@JAllenWood - The back has the Mickey waffle pattern and has a box in the top left that says copyright DISNEY CHINA and then in the middle of the pin is another box that has the official Disney pin trading logo and it looks like 2009 but it's so small it's hard for me to tell.

@TiggerMickey - I would be willing to trade. Let me know what you might want to send in return...

Hi Jared,

I hate to be the deliverer of bad news, but I think I found the pin on pinpics. Could it be:
Pin 80828: UNAUTHORIZED - Minnie Mouse Pumpkin No picture is showing, but the description fits. The Mickey one next to it is:
Pin 80827: UNAUTHORIZED - Mickey Mouse Pumpkin

Hope this helps.

Hi Jared,

I hate to be the deliverer of bad news, but I think I found the pin on pinpics. Could it be:
Pin 80828: UNAUTHORIZED - Minnie Mouse Pumpkin No picture is showing, but the description fits. The Mickey one next to it is:
Pin 80827: UNAUTHORIZED - Mickey Mouse Pumpkin

Hope this helps.

Yes, I think it is one of the pins listed on this thread from Dizpins. http://dizpinsboards.yuku.com/topic/18831/New-Unauthorized-Pins-From-China It's the last one listed in the image. It just doesn't have its full color picture

That was a particularly discouraging thread because, I have a couple of those pins and the Mickey head back and front look very, very good.

Yeah, that's too bad. I uploaded a picture to PinPics for pin 80828 for future reference. What do you each of you typically do if you come across an unauthorized pin? Do you throw it away? What if you purchased it as part of a lot of traders? Would you ask for a replacement? Thanks again for your help and advice!

Yeah, I've got nothing. To me, it looks like a pin from a set released in either Japan or Hong Kong. It's either unauthorized, a bootleg, or part of a set that was sold in stores and was never listed on Pinpics. Sorry, wish I could have been more helpl. :(

Can confirm it is the unauthorised pin - I picked one up during last visit, exactly the same, ended up giving it away as a Trick or Treat gift!!

Hi Jared,

I am so sorry you got a pin that cannot be used for trading legally. If I got one and I liked it, I would just keep it for myself. It is a cute pin to wear at Halloween time. If you don't like it, you can give it as a present to someone who really wants it. Earthbound had a super cute idea in giving it away as a Trick or Treat pin.

BUT, you should first check more pins from the pin lot you received, because you may find more unauthorized pins. If you do, check the listing to see if the seller said he was selling all Disney pins. If he said that, then ask for your money back and have him pay for the pick up of the pins. If he argues, tell him you will report him as selling fake Disney pins and this is committing fraud. If he just says pin lot and does not say anything about Disney, then you are stuck. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice Maria. I actually bought the pins here on DPF and rest of the bunch look good. Perhaps I should pass it along as a present as you and others suggested. Thanks again to everyone!

Jared-I would still ask that the pin be replaced from the seller...even more so because of your project and every dollar truly counts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back