• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Chaser vs Completer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaser vs Completer...

Jay222

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
This may sound stupid, but I'm new... What's the difference between a completer pin and a chaser pin? Is one more valuable that another?

A completer is an additional pin in a set. Usually similar in style, color, shape, etc. to the original series. Chaser pins are usually different somehow. IE, no paint or a very different color.

Value is a different discussion all together. For example, they did 10th anniversary character pins a few years ago. The chaser for Tink might be a good bit more valuable than the original. Not so much a lesser demand character.

Last edited:
I'm fairly new to pin trading also, but this is my take.

In terms of hidden mickey pins...Chasers are primarily all silver versions of a normal issue hidden mickey. A completer is generally an altogether new pin in the likeness/spirit of the original set. Often chasers are distributed by cast members while completers are usually PWP (purchase with purchase.)

There are other chasers/completers for limited sets. For example, the recent Penny Arcade pins from the Sci-Fi academy had Yensid's and Starcade arcade coins as chasers. They were LE200 while the Penny arcade pins were LE550. The chasers were randomly inserted into the boxes.

I've also seen completers that are only available if you buy a "box set" of a group of pins. Often the individual pins are for sale, say LE500 each, and a rarer "box set" that is only LE200 will have one additional completer pin that says LE200 on the back. For example, pin set 88147 is the holiday "Disney Express" train set. You could only get Mickey and Tinkerbell if you bought the box set, they say LE400 but the rest of the pins in the box set say "LE1000" on the back as 600 of them were offered individually seperate from the box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back