• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Counterfeit Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am NOT an expert on this but I don't think so.... scrappers have paint dips as well and remember scrappers are disney pins but are poor quality control ones. Plus DSF pins have paint dips as well; I have had many dips in my DSF pins when I buy them, so that's why I always have to check them before leaving the store.

This is a great question! Can anyone help clarify??

I'm also hearing recently about pins bought straight from Disney that have a border around the pattern back on the back of the pin.

By itself, no. Unfortunately, tons of authentic Disney pins have dips.

However, if there are other signs like being more of a matte finish and not shiny, with streakiness, rough edges, material feels lighter/thinner, borders, bad colors, thick lines, then yeah.

Thank you so much for the help. I compared my pin with someone who has the same pin and it looks fine. No borders, colors right, back stamp was correct and in same place. My pin is actually pretty heavy comparef to others I have. I feel little better now

With the streaks in paint is it the same too as long as it doesnt show other signs. I have got some pins from disneyland with them.

With the streaks in paint is it the same too as long as it doesnt show other signs. I have got some pins from disneyland with them.

Yep. A little streakiness by itself isn't bad, but some of the counterfeits have a lot of deep looking, large streaks that you can just tell there is something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.