86   0   0
I’m so excited to see it!
7a7a7b45ed0d542f1573c0a14b77a66d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
We really liked it. Probably one of our favorite live action movies from Disney. The end clip after the first set of credits was a bit odd though.
Yay! I'm glad you like the movie too!

I liked the clip at first, but the more I thought about it, it does seem a little odd. But maybe it's fine if you don't feel that the original story follows.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Loved it!!! Watched the animated version and then watched Cruella. Also the sound track was fire!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You did it the order I wish I had watched. We watched the animated version today to see the similarities. It had been a couple of years since we had watched it.

teddy_ruxpin

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 99.6%
282   1   0
I haven't seen it yet,Sounds good.Been so long since i've been out to watch a movie,i miss it. I'm guessing there aren't any Dalmatians in it? Is it a 70's sound track?

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
@teddy_ruxpin There were Dalmatians in it... only 3.

After viewing the movie last night on Disney+ (no theatre), I have concluded there is going to be a second movie (ie, Cruella is a prequel.) The final clip set this up.

I enjoyed the movie.
I was thinking I'd really like to watch a prequel of this one to learn more about the Baroness and why she was like that. As well as the other people she... did THAT to. (Sorry, on Tapatalk and can't remember how to do the spoiler thingy from here.)

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I haven't seen it yet,Sounds good.Been so long since i've been out to watch a movie,i miss it. I'm guessing there aren't any Dalmatians in it? Is it a 70's sound track?
Yes, mainly a 70's-ish soundtrack. Some reviews said too much music, but I absolutely loved it!

Tokaji

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Yay! I'm glad you like the movie too!

I liked the clip at first, but the more I thought about it, it does seem a little odd. But maybe it's fine if you don't feel that the original story follows.

The whole movie felt a bit odd to me. It left me with far more questions about how Cruella ended up as the crazy villain in the animated film than I had to begin with. To be honest, it was a great movie, but I felt like it shouldn't have been a Cruella movie.

Ajk

Let's party like its 2019.
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
The whole movie felt a bit odd to me. It left me with far more questions about how Cruella ended up as the crazy villain in the animated film than I had to begin with. To be honest, it was a great movie, but I felt like it shouldn't have been a Cruella movie.
I haven't seen it, but I've seen some folks talking about that piece and feeling you have to somewhat ignore the animated. Or think of this as an alternate timeline/reality, etc.

pretty_Omi

Resident Smol Wolf
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Something to keep in mind, I read this film is meant more as a prequel to the 90's live action movie, and not the original animated. Since the original animated film came out in 1961 it would certainly be more difficult for the 70's to take place before it happens...

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I haven't seen it, but I've seen some folks talking about that piece and feeling you have to somewhat ignore the animated. Or think of this as an alternate timeline/reality, etc.
Agreed. With so many "reboot" type things going on in Hollywood, I guess I don't have any expectations that one movie is going to connect to a previous version (read: Superman, Spiderman, Batman type movies) unless the same actors are playing those roles such as most Marvel movies, even if they call it a sequel or a prequel.

They did allude to the dog killing thing with the - she killed my dalmatians and made a coat (can't remember the quote verbatim) which was enough of an homage for me.

Either way, it's totally cool if anyone doesn't like the movie. We all have different tastes. But personally, I can't wait to watch it again!

Last edited:

Addicted to Alice Pins

It'saSmallSnowWonderElla
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
OBSESSED.

I'm glad we broke down and ordered it through Premier Access (normally I'd scold myself for lack of patience) because we will absolutely watch it again.

This is a live action in the vein of Maleficent, not the fairly faithful (but expanded) retellings of Cinderella and Beauty & the Beast. I'm going to be very curious to see what they do in the sequel, based on the set-up of that mid-credits scene.