• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Curiouser and curiouser! Alice pin question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curiouser and curiouser! Alice pin question!

Aquata

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hi guys! I'm working on collecting my birthstone pins and I've been eyeing the Alice flower birthstone pin for a while. I had to check here though because looking through various listings from time to time, well, sometimes the pins...look...off-ish. This is an example that I pulled from Google. I just want to make sure before I buy (as I'm sure that I will end up going to Ebay for this one) that I wasn't about to buy an unauthentic pin.

26962274.jpg

Ideally, this is the one that I want since the birthstone in her flower actually looks light blue like Aquamarine. However, when this photo is compared to ...
this one
images1ep.jpg
you can clearly see the difference in her lips, the color of the gem on her flower and the band of her headband isn't colored in on the top photo. Is the above one a scrapper/unauthorized pin? Any help before I purchase would be so greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Hi
I was going to add a picture of my pin, but I get a message that the text is too long to post. I'll try and post a picture later.

Your questions: Because a stone has facets, it will always look different due to lighting etc, mine seems to look more like the first picture - so not a conclusive deciding factor. The colour missing in the band and her lips could just be errors. Certainly stay away from the first pin, otherwise those differences will just jump out at you whenever you admire it. I had one of the other birthstone pins and was unsure about its authenticity, because it just seemed to light weight.

Hope this helps you to make a decision. Michele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back