• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Cuties - Winnie the Pooh and Animals series. Can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuties - Winnie the Pooh and Animals series. Can you help?

MadWild

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Does anyone have either of these sets, or any of the characters from them?

Pin 74878: Mini-Pin Collection - Cute Disney Animals

Pin 72754: Mini-Pin Collection - Cute Winnie the Pooh and Friends

I have an Eeyore, a Roo and a Rabbit from the Winnie the Pooh ones that I bought a long time ago on eBay and have never been certain about, and today I received Piglet in the post. I bought the Piglet from another source but I am not sure about it, and the picture on pin pics is very small. I would really appreciate a bigger picture of Piglet (and Roo and Rabbit), front and back, to be able to compare to. (I also have a tigger that is appallingly fake. In comparison, there seems to be little wrong with the others, except that the white lines on Piglet are painted oddly, and they are all quite thin - see below for more about the thickness).

The same goes for the other set, I bought a Jiminy Cricket a long time ago (and this one I am almost certain is real) and have just received a Pongo and Abu. The only thing concerning me about Abu is that some of the lines seem quite thick but again, the picture on pin pics is not very clear to compare with. Pictures of either of these would be great.

Also, does anyone know if the Winnie the Pooh cuties are thinner than the animal cuties? With all the ones I have, the ones from the animal set are definitely much thicker than the Winnie the Pooh ones. I also have a Stitch and a Chip, from the original Cuties set, but I am not sure they are real - they are much thinner than the ones I have from the animals set. I don't know if that is how they were produced, or if it's a sign that all my Winnie the Pooh cuties are fake!

Any pictures of pins from these two sets would be massively appreciated, or any information. It would be really good to know if my ones are real, so that I know which ones I can take off my wants list and which ones I need to keep looking for.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Madeline! Nice to see you about on the forum!

I have the Rabbit one which is fake (Think I told you that before) - the gap between his arm and his tummy isn't painted so its just gold. I won't really be much help because I don't have any more Winnie the Pooh ones but from looking at pictures of the booster set together it looks like Eeyore is pretty much the same size as the others. I have the Pluto, Chip and Dale ones and the Pluto one is the same height as the others even though he's lying down. I don't think it would make sense to have one pin bigger than the others in a set. On the pinpics picture it looks to be the same with the Winnie the Pooh set - they all look about the same height to me.

These sets are really difficult because they're so often faked, it can be hard to find real ones when you're just looking online!

Hi! Thanks for commenting . It's nice to bump into you around here. Weird to think we know each other on three different sites now, although I guess it makes sense as you introduced me to the forum in the first place!

Do you think you could possibly post a picture of your Rabbit anyway? It might be useful for seeing what a fake one looks like, I'd be especially keen to see the back. Might be useful for other people too, I can't be the only person collecting cuties!

The Eeyore I posted the link to is from a different set, a Paris only set rather than a Disney-wide one and I'm actually starting to feel certain that my Eeyore is fine. So now I just have to find the other ones the same size as him . It is a little odd that they did a differently-sized set but I believe mine is real as it's on a card with the correct sku and price, and there is nothing suspicious about the pin itself. It's nice to think I got some good ones on eBay back before I knew scrappers and fakes even existed! Now that I've done a bit more research it's becoming clear that they did a couple of sets with variations, so keeping track of which is from which set is what got me confused.

I'm beginning to think the Piglet, Pongo and Abu are okay, especially since I bought them from a reputable site that actually has information about scrappers and counterfeits in their dictionary, and states that they will not buy fake pins. I just wanted reference pictures to be sure, and to check my old ones, and I'm still curious if it's correct that the Winnie the Pooh ones are much thinner. With your fake Rabbit, is he thinner than any of your other real pins, or are there any ones you have that are real that are the same thickness?

Thank you so much for your comment and help

Hold on a sec! I have Rabbit and Piglet that I bought at Disney World so I know they're real (I had Roo but I traded him). I'll edit this post with pictures in a sec. I don't have the animal cuties but I'll check their thickness against other recent WDW pins?

Edit:

Okay, here we go! I know the pictures aren't crystal clear but I'll try to point out distinctive qualities.

That's the Piglet back. Silver with the whole "Based on the "Winnie the Pooh" works by..." spiel center and (c) Disney and China on each of the ears.

And the front. Silver lines all around except for the white on his stomach, which all seem to be equal in thickness to me though they are thicker by a little bit than the silver.

Rabbit back. Silver, just the one pin post. "Based on the works of.." in the center and (c) Disney and China on the left (if you are looking from the back) foot.

Rabbit front. Mine has a bit of silver between the ears and the gap between his arm and his stomach is solid and the same silver as his lines. You can see some paint grooves on both if you shine them in the light.

As far as thickness, I compared them to the Pin 45621: Smiling Eeyore and Pin 93360: Princess Belle Glitter Dress (Beauty and the Beast) that I bought during the same trip and they are a little bit thinner than both of those pins, though it's nothing I would have noticed if I hadn't compared.

Again, these are absolutely real pins that I purchased from Disney. It seems they're just a little bit not quality controlled, maybe?

I hope this clears up your questions and I hope your pins are fine!

Last edited:
Thank you so much, those pictures are AMAZING. It looks like my Rabbit and Piglet are fine! :hsd: And based on that, it means my Eeyore is quite likely to be too. I'm still not sure about my Roo but that's just because I bought him with my appalling fake Tigger so I'd be suspicious that both are fakes.

Seriously, thank you so much for the pictures, they are a massive help. I really appreciate you going to the trouble of putting them up for me. Those are the kind of pictures that should be on Pinpics for these pins, it's so much easier to compare to a big, clear picture, and great to be able to check the backs. You are a wonderful person, thanks again!

As a little bump for the thread, just to say, if anyone has any of the others from the Winnie the Pooh set or the Animals, I'd appreciate pics of those too!

Bump! Still looking for pictures to help me identify if my pins are ok or not. Thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.