Day of Rude Adults

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by DiamondDollJeanette, Oct 17, 2019.

1. DiamondDollJeanette

DiamondDollJeanette Active Member

0   0   0

I know Disney can be stressful for some adults but I swear yesterday I saw so many it was ridiculous. I felt so awful for the CMs yesterday.

One family caught this lady rummaging through their bags on their stroller outside of Pirates, she claims she thought it was her stroller but it was clear to anyone that the strollers were completely different.
    We didn't stick around to see what the CM did but I hope the lady got punished.

Some lady comes into Frontier Traders itching her arms like crazy and demands bug spray from a CM. The CM politely explains where she can purchase it. The lady goes off on a rant about coming there 17 years and there shouldn't be mosquitos or something so she shouldn't buy it. Mind you I never saw a single one last night and mosquitoes love me for lunch.

Some dad yelling at his kid for being suddenly scared to ride Splash Mountain. The poor kid was in tears and sobbing. I can't blame the poor kid, I spent half the day trying to convince my fam to ride it but they chickened out too.

The worst had to be the last lady. Now let me explain something, Magic Kingdom was super crowded yesterday for a fall weekday and the CMs weren't expecting it to be so it was a bit understaffed.
    90 minutes for Pirates and Haunted Mansion busy even.
    Well this caused a hour congestion for the monorail, which you have to take to get to the parking lot so allot of people were tired and sore but that doesn't excuse bad behavior. Anyway when we finally got ready to board through the handicap gates they let my dad to the first one because of his scooter. Well some Hispanic lady behind us lost her mind, screaming at the CM that her daughter was handicapped too and why should she board at the second gate? Mind you there was only like 5 feet difference from the first and second gate so it really didn't matter which handicapped gate she got. My dad was livid that she was making a scene because it's not like he's not as less handicapped then her daughter, he has to wear a brace on his leg to walk and bought the scooter to enjoy the parks like anyone else. Thankfully the CM didn't cave to her ridiculous demands and actually felt sorry for my dad to be the center of her anger.

2. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    399   0   0

So sorry you had to encounter this. It's no fun. :oops:

3. DiamondDollJeanette

0   0   0

It was beyond unacceptable.

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  4. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

There are just no words to describe this outrageous behavior. I don't know how anyone can justify it as acceptable; I'm sorry you had to experience it.

The worst part: I suspect that if you were to interview Cast Members, they likely would tell you that they experience behavior like that on a daily basis.

5. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Welcome to the world of the entitled. So sad. :(

6. DiamondDollJeanette

0   0   0

Which is so messed up honestly, CMs don't deserve this.

7. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0

So, this is all to common. I could type out another "Saga of Frustrations" with the lack of Manners -Guests- display.

It is growing, I have to say. Just like it is Outside of the Walls of Disneyland, WDW, etc.(and is it EVER..UGH!).

So, what to do... KINDNESS...find any and every opportunity to be an Ambassador of Kindness. In and out side of The Happiest Place on Earth..

I am working more on posting Guest Compliments for CM's, immediately upon their Acts of Kindness (Disney Customer Service) at the point of service. I use the Disney FB AP page and send a message with the details of that CM's service. I have used it a number of times. Know this...the CM I'm leaving it for, glows with a Smile when I share what I am doing. And, the page Always acknowledges the message will be forwarded.

I've also left a complaint from time to time, but, only when I left it was absolutely necessary.

At the park...I have stopped counting how many times I stop dead in my tracks, to allow people to walk by/in front of me, because I don't want to be in a Race with them. You know what, they Notice when I do. Some say "Thank you" some say, "Excuse me" - others, nothing. The point is I don't have to rush around like a lot of guests do.

They may only be there for the day, and they've got a family; young kids; or maybe it's a group teenagers...I don't know. But it seems that once people get through those main pass Gates everybody's in a hurry...and all manners stay checked at the gate.

So it's up to me as a guest ambassador to display manners I was brought up with, etiquette, smiling, thanking cast members, and enjoying the Magic!

God knows I'm far from being perfect at this.

I was just fussing about it yesterday at the park. (@Shelterkat can attest to that..lol - she's much better at practicing the above then I am).

I appreciate whoever reads this post.

I'm really trying hard to practice Kindness out in this world. Because it's a very apparent it's needed more than ever.

Disney pin trading is a wonderful Hobby. And I am very grateful to be a part of the opportunity to bring smiles and spread Joy in or outside of the walls of Disney resorts.

Finally, I want to share that there is no other public place I feel safe visiting as a solo as I do at the OMK..I never give it a second thought.

However, with that being said, yes indeed we need to be vigilant to being aware of what's going on around us when we're visiting the Parks (not only for our safety but for others) just like we do when we're in the mall, out walking the dog etc.

The reference above to someone rummaging through bags thinking it was theirs when it wasn't, is completely and totally unacceptable. And I'm grateful it was posted..

It reminds me that I need to be more vigilant and watching my surroundings at the park.

DISNEY MAGIC ROCKS...

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  8. Connies_Hobby

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0

And @DiamondDollJeanette I just want to say, I'm so sorry you had to experience what you did.

I am grateful you vented here. We need to be reminded.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

DiamondDollJeanette likes this.
  9. halloweenfiend

halloweenfiend You Had Me At "Pumpkin"!

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Well said my dear!

10. Connies_Hobby

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0

Thank you for your feedback.

halloweenfiend likes this.
  11. Gwyneria

Gwyneria Member

0   0   0

As a former CM I totally feel the pain - as humans, we can be the absolute worst when we aren't happy about something and it can be even harder to have to put up with that kind of behaviour and smile through it for the sake of keeping the peace and your job. Why can't we all just get along and have patience and love and peace??

DiamondDollJeanette likes this.