• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

'Decaying' Pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Decaying' Pins?

-em

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
So after spending the day re-organizing my pins after the move I've discovered several pins that the paint is flaking off and metal is becoming very brittle.

These are pins I purchased myself at the parks (so no scrappers) and they've always been on cork boards or in books and they are (and have been) surrounded by pins that show none of the same issues..
The worst is [pinpics]47015[/pinpics]. The clock piece paint is barely hanging on and the pin feels like a stiff breeze would snap it..

I'm used to the backs discoloring but this is a little disconcerting...

-em

It is happening with many of the older pins. I have pins in frames that are showing tarnish and even rust.

I know that the entire batch of Annual Passholder Welcome Marquees have tarnish issues, due to the type of metal used. The same problem with the first D23 Jumbo Boxed set.

I was just pulling some pins out of drawers to put on EBay and I've noticed some tarnishing and color fading. Very disappointing! I was going to put one of my HM Translucents for sale but noticed the tarnish. So trying to figure out if I can fix it or if it's even worth tying to sell it :eek:( Sad to say but I imagine as I pull these out individually to prepare for selling, I will probably encounter the same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back