• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Designer Princess dolls- has anyone opened theirs?

Are you taking the dolls out of the Display case?

• Yes, They are so cute that I WILL be taking mines out!

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • No, They are expensive!! I'll be keeping them sealed for sale value in years to come.

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • They're for my child, so yes, we will be taking them out of the display case.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I'm not getting the dolls, they're too ugly.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • I'm not getting the dolls, they're too expensive.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Why did they release this set??

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Designer Princess dolls- has anyone opened theirs?

Moondance

Pусcкая Poбйн
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hi you guys!

I was wondering if anyone has opened, or plan to open their dolls :p

They're $60 dolls, but are you tempted enough to take them out of their display case? Lol

Last edited:
I'm buying an extra one of 2-3, but I can't decide which!!

I'm definitely buying a Pocahontas and Cinderella to take out to play with (Yes, I'm 19 and I play with dolls!)

But I don't know which other to purchase to play with..Jasmine, Tiana, Rapunzel? *shrug*

I've opened all of mine so far, had big doubts whether to or not. I've put the Princes inside the cases with them, mostly to keep them nice and dust free too and also to make space for the 10 cases! I am kind of hoping they make the princes in the same style but I doubt it.

The main reason I am not taking them out of the box is to keep the from dust plus I like there acrylic display cases. Sometimes it is hard not opening collector items. I have the Disney Villains book signed by animators Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston still in wrapper. It came with a film strip of Snow White and is numbered. I still do not know the number because it is on the inside and it is still in the wrapper. I love the two I got so far. Hoping to get more in Oct. Like you Moondance I want Pocahontas. I do not think they make enough dolls of her. I want Jasmine too. I still have a number of Barbie dolls in boxes at my Mom's house. My mom even at young age bought us collectibles but we knew which where the play with dolls and which were not to be opened.

Last edited:
Deboxing Snow White

I've posted already photo of my #3998 Snow White with the clear plastic top of the display case removed, but I've just totally deboxed my other Snow White (#3997). I actually goofed and deboxed the one I wasn't going to touch, LOL. Here are the detailed instructions on how I did it. Photos to follow.

Tools List
  1. Thin bladed utility knife.
  2. Pointy nosed scissors, or seam ripper.
Deboxing Steps
  1. Remove clear plastic display case from base: Gently rock the case from left to right to free it from the tabs at the bottom of the base. Then slide the case slowly up and off the cardboard backing. Notice that the small tabs at the back of the case are the only things holding the case to the cardboard backing.
  2. Snip the 6 tiny plastic tabs from her red cape to the cardboard base and backing.
  3. Snip the 7 tiny plastic tabs from her yellow skirt to the cardboard base and backing.
  4. Remove the paper stuffing underneath her skirt and between her legs.
  5. Remove twist tie around her ankles.
  6. Carefully cut the clear tape that holds the folds of the cardboard backing together, on the left and right edges of the backing.
  7. Cut around the edges of the four large plastic tabs that hold the plastic spacer to the cardboard backing. Then slide the tabs off the backing, to free the spacer from the backing.
  8. Snip the small white tabs and black thread holding her hair to the plastic spacer.
  9. Remove the tape holding the clear plastic belt around her neck, and slowly pull the belt off her neck.
  10. Snip the clear rubber bands holding her arms to the plastic spacer.
  11. Free her from the plastic spacer.
  12. Snip the tiny white tabs holding her cape to her skirt, and holding the folds in the back of the cape. Her cape is now free from the dress.
  13. Snip the clear plastic thread holding the cape to the palm of her glove. I found this difficult to do because the stitching was very tight.
  14. Snip the long clear rubber band holding her legs to the metal stand (which is attached to the base). Do NOT snip the clear rubber bands holding her shoes to her feet.
  15. There is a U shaped hard plastic piece at the top of the stand that goes between her legs, holding her in place. Gently lift her off the stand.
  16. Snow White is now totally free from the box! You can actually stand her up, and she will hold her position, as her dress is stiff enough to provide support and balance. She is now an action figure!

Last edited:
Deboxing Snow White - Photos

Here are photos of the various steps in completely deboxing Designer Snow White.

Snow White Deboxing 01 by drj1828, on Flickr
Full front view after skirt and cape are freed from the cardboard backing and bottom.

Snow White Deboxing 02 by drj1828, on Flickr
Front view with skirt lifted, showing her yellow high heeled shoes.

Snow White Deboxing 05 by drj1828, on Flickr
Rear view after the cardboard backing has been cut open to show the tabs from the plastic spacer, which are taped to the backing. The Snow White doll is still attached to the spacer and the base (her apple is showing).

Snow White Deboxing 08 by drj1828, on Flickr
Closeup front view after the plastic spacer has been removed from the backing. The Snow White doll's head is attached to the spacer by white plastic string (two tabs showing) and black thread. Her neck is attached to the spacer with a clear plastic strip. Her arms are held to the spacer by clear rubber bands.

Snow White Deboxing 07 by drj1828, on Flickr
Closeup rear view after the plastic spacer has been removed from the backing. The Snow White doll's head is attached to the spacer by white plastic string (two tabs showing) and black thread. Her neck is attached to the spacer with a clear plastic strip. Her arms are held to the spacer by clear rubber bands.

Snow White Deboxing 10 by drj1828, on Flickr
Full front view after the plastic spacer has been removed from the doll. She is still held to the base by a metal and plastic stand.

Snow White Deboxing 09 by drj1828, on Flickr
Full rear view after the plastic spacer has been removed from the doll. She is still held to the base by a metal and plastic stand.

Snow White Deboxing 11 by drj1828, on Flickr
Full front view after the cape has been freed from her arms and her dress. She is still held to the base by a metal and plastic stand.

Snow White Deboxing 12 by drj1828, on Flickr
Full rear view after the cape has been freed from her arms and her dress. She is still held to the base by a metal and plastic stand.

Snow White Deboxing 13 by drj1828, on Flickr
Front view of doll and the stand after she is totally freed.

Snow White Deboxing 14 by drj1828, on Flickr
Front view of doll free standing.

Snow White Deboxing 15 by drj1828, on Flickr
Closeup front view of doll free standing.

Snow White Deboxing 16 by drj1828, on Flickr
Full front view of Belle and Snow White free standing.

And they lived happily ever after...

I only got three princesses. Cinderella, Snow White and Aurora (not yet but I'm hopeful) since they are the "real" princesses of Disney. They were the first and only princesses for a long time and to me, all the others are just "wanna be" princesses. I'm leaving them in the display case in spite of the fact I want so much to display them out, but here is Florida dust is an issue. So they will remaine in the cases until my children either want them, or I get a granddaughter and they might pay towards her college. I also have the Signature collection of those three so I have the princesses as they were in the beginning and as they are now. Makes a nice display.

I only got three princesses. Cinderella, Snow White and Aurora (not yet but I'm hopeful) since they are the "real" princesses of Disney. They were the first and only princesses for a long time and to me, all the others are just "wanna be" princesses.

This, I very much do not like or concur with at all.
Pocahontas, Ariel and Rapunzel (my favourites besides Cindy and Aurora) are not "wanna be" Princesses, I am slightly offended.
Did not think you thought in such a way!

Last edited:
WOW they look soo pretty out of there boxes hmm i though snow white would have red shoes hehe ohhh what does Belle have please?? probably yellow lol cant think of another colour that would go with it :p

Designer Belle's Shoes

WOW they look soo pretty out of there boxes hmm i though snow white would have red shoes hehe ohhh what does Belle have please?? probably yellow lol cant think of another colour that would go with it :p
Belle has tan or perhaps golden colored shoes. Here is a photograph of her on her side, so I could photograph her shoes. Her dress is too stiff to have her hold it up, as I did with Snow White. Also I've photographed Belle's and Snow White's shoes together, after taking them off, so you can compare their colors. Finally, I took a picture of them reboxed. Belle's stiff dress makes it much easier to rebox her. Snow White's flowing cape makes things difficult. I'm going to fix her appearance when I have a bit more time and patience.

Belle on Her Side, Showing Her Shoes by drj1828, on Flickr
Disney Princess Designer Belle Doll on her side, showing her shoes. The photograph has been rotated to show her as if she is standing up. The color of her shoes seems to match that of her dress, which would make them golden, although there is no glitter or sparkle in them, so perhaps they are tan.

Designer Belle's and Snow White's Shoes by drj1828, on Flickr
Disney Princess Designer Dolls Belle's and Snow White's shoes side by side. Belle's on the left and Snow White's on the right. Their colors are golden (or tan) and yellow.

Designer Belle and Snow White Reboxed by drj1828, on Flickr
Disney Princess Designer Dolls Belle and Snow White back in their display cases, after they were completely deboxed.

snfokj.jpg

2d1a0ax.jpg

Link to all pics.

Last edited:
I kind of deboxed our Mulan...I didn't like the plastic inserts attaching her to the box, so I took those out. Then I had the problem of the unattractive slits left in the cardboard where the plastic inserts were, so I covered them up by attaching Mulan's note card to the cardboard behind Mulan. Then I put the plastic cover back on. The notecard looks beautiful in there! It took me a LONG time to carefully cut all the plastic out, but it was worth it. :)

they might pay towards her college

Be careful in that regard. These dolls command a premium right now, because they are at the height of their popularity. But soon interest in them will wane when the next hot collectible line comes out. Let's not forget what happened with Beanie Babies. People were of the mindset that their collections would be an investment they could sell for large sums in the future. But when the fad ended and demand dried up, people found their collections really didn't have any value. Bears that sold for $25 and up in 1997, today only go for a dollar or less on ebay. In fact on eBay, at any given second there are hundreds of thousands of Beanies for sale. So the bottom line is when you purchase something that is marketed as a collectible, don't buy it as an investment, but as something to enjoy.

Wow ariel looks awesome out of the box! Belle is my favorite doll out of this collection but she is staying in her box, although I am tempted she is so beautiful that I would be scared that I would ruin her. I wish I would had gotten an Ariel for myself but we got two, one is going to my little sister Christmas and the other went our friend that LOVES the little mermaid.

I don't have any dolls yet, just Barbies (and Star Wars barbies too) and I have not opened any of them. Sometimes I am tempted to open up Scarlett (Gone with the Wind) just to play with her hair, but I know she will get all tangled

Singing and Designer Dolls Unboxed

I also have three of the 17" Disney Singing Princess Dolls. Here are a couple of photos of two of them standing next to their 11.5" Disney Designer Princess Doll counterparts, so you can compare their looks and sizes. One glaring difference is that the Designer Dolls have so much more personality and realism just because their eyes are not wide open and staring straight ahead.

Belle and Snow White happen to be my two favorite Designer Dolls, and the only ones that I have fully deboxed so far.

Disney Designer and Singing Belle and Snow White Dolls #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Designer and Singing Belle and Snow White Dolls #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back