Destination D Discussion Dudes

suzanneb

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Ajk did you actually get to buy a ticket? Where did you see lack of DSSH, WDW, and DLR Alice Anniversary pins?

Reactions: Ajk

Abyssinian28

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I was on right away and I still did not make it.

Wow, really? That's interesting. Thanks for posting that, though, it makes me feel a LITTLE better about missing the link, knowing that even if I had been on my game, I still might have missed it...

How does that even HAPPEN, though? Yeesh!

Abyssinian28

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Agree with all. Rediculous how quickly you had to click and so depressing not being able to participate and also have a shot at some decent pins.
This was the whole reason I have D23 gold membership!

Same, about why I have a membership. Kinda wasting my money if I can't get into the events....

echan50

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
That was rough and they still have not updated the front page that the event tickets have sold out.

I'm kind of bummed as I really wanted to watch the panels but that's karma for you.

Ajk

Let's party like its 2019.
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
I got a general admission ticket. I was in and out by 10:05 a.m.

I did not buy an extra guest ticket; I wanted someone else to have the opportunity to get a ticket instead of being greedy and hoarding an extra ticket.
Congrats!

Abyssinian28

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
That was rough and they still have not updated the front page that the event tickets have sold out.

I'm kind of bummed as I really wanted to watch the panels but that's karma for you.

...I'm scared to ask what you did to deserve that kind of karma. :eek:

Ajk

Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Ajk did you actually get to buy a ticket? Where did you see lack of DSSH, WDW, and DLR Alice Anniversary pins?
No. Like the rest (or most), I was not able to get a ticket. And am very sad.

Alice comment was unrelated. Anniversary was yesterday (or Monday technically). DEC had pins and WDI had pins. Nothing from the others that mere mortals like me might be able to get. Yet.

suzanneb

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I never had trouble getting non-preferred tix in previous Destination D events. Guess b/c everyone was SO HUNGRY for an event and 2020 didn't happen, nor did 2021 D23 EXPO, it was crazier than usual.
BIG SIGH AGAIN!

Abyssinian28

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I never had trouble getting non-preferred tix in previous Destination D events. Guess b/c everyone was SO HUNGRY for an event and 2020 didn't happen, nor did 2021 D23 EXPO, it was crazier than usual.
BIG SIGH AGAIN!

Yeah, it's just a combo of word getting out over the years, and like you said, no D23 for a few years. I've noticed the amount of D23 members just keeps growing and growing...

The pin event didn't use to sell out, either, and now we have an event that sells out within the hour. Man, I miss the easy-breezy days...even going to the Parks these days takes intense planning and great timing if you don't want to wait in line all day.

Ajk

Rating - 100%
149   0   0
This was my first time attempting to registering for a D23 event, and it seemed a lot less painless than the traditional pin event registrations of year's past. Maybe Disney is figuring it out, maybe they're not. Just thankful to have been one of the lucky few to get in I suppose.
Congrats!

Abyssinian28

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Once the RSP for pins is announced hopefully some of our members will offer to pick up some stuff for others.

Maybe! That would be nice, if possible.

I'm already switching into, "Maybe we can arrange a trading day, and I'll bring my traders". I think I always remember seeing people trading, either in the lobby, or upstairs.

Chusaurus

Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer -née Chubs191
Rating - 98.4%
62   1   0

I'm already switching into, "Maybe we can arrange a trading day, and I'll bring my traders". I think I always remember seeing people trading, either in the lobby, or upstairs.
There's always people trading on Friday.

Anisemurphy

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

IF Destination D doesn't get cancelled (knock on wood) and IF the Delta Variant is somewhat under control (which I doubt since DeSantis is an idiot), then I might bring one bag of traders. Mostly likely only the newer WDI, DEC and DSSH pins I have.

Anisemurphy

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So, we are 11 days away from the Destination D23 event. I'm prepping my trading bag, but curious about which movie/character pins people would like to see. Drop a quick note here and I'll see if I guessed correctly, or if I will be swapping out what I have now for something suggested.

lionheart

DPF Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Can't wait to meet everyone in person and make some trades! In my trade book I mostly have mystery set pins (current and older), recent DSSH releases, and a few dec.

I also will have from the RSP: te fiti, beauty and the beast mirror belle with wardrobe, dumbo and his mom, and from the pop art princsses: aurora, snow white, cinderella, mulan, and jasmine (and, of course, whatever adorbs I pull!).

I collect lion king, chip & dale, eeyore, and bambi but I love anything disney animals. Feel free to PM if you'd like to meet up and talk trades.