• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Detective help needed. Articulated Goofy Plush/Doll Sample

Detective help needed. Articulated Goofy Plush/Doll Sample

boycub

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone ! I recently found a Goofy plush at a garage sale and was drawn to his quality, despite being a little damaged. I was very surprised to pick him up to find him fully articulated with what feels and sounds like ball joints. i was even more surprised to find a sample tag where the information on his make would have otherwise been !

I can't post photos yet due to being new to this forum but i will do so once that restriction is lifted ! For now, here are some bullet points describing his appearance

-He is 20 inches from to of hat to the bottom of his feet.
-Fully articulated so you can pose his arms and legs. This makes him more of a "Doll" than a "Plush"
-His design has a closed mouth. which is weirdly the hardest thing to find with other existing goofy plushes.
-He has a fully plush exterior except for plastic pupils. Inner articulation feels like plastic ball joints. no wire seems to be present.
-The bottoms of his shoes are flat, which give him some basic standing ability with a bit of support.
-His clothes are fully removable except for his hat and shoes are are colored as follows: red vest made of a low grade velvety material, yellow shirt with green elbow patches, blue pants. Brown shoes.
-His tag reads: SAMPLE - C﹠H co.,ltd LTD. Date: (blank) tag is attached to his removable pants.

Parent company is Dream International Limited which i will be reaching out to if i cant find any answers here or on other Disney collectors forums.

Closest i could find was a single seller showing off a Euro Disney Goofy plush, which featured the same size and flat soled shoes, but i have no idea if the plush was articulated or not and have been waiting to hear back from them.

I'm curious to know his production year and final product if any ! Though i'm not a disney collector, i collect plushes and toys from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's and i love learning the history of them !

Thanks guys ! I hope everyone is having a lovely spring <3

I asked an ebay seller who had a doll that looked similar, but the doll was not articulated. im stumped !!

Here he is in all his goofy glory. im so so sorry for my mess of a room.

20230326_211736_by_kidcub_dfssr69-pre.jpg
20230326_211756_by_kidcub_dfssr6c-pre.jpg
20230326_211809_by_kidcub_dfssr6h-pre.jpg
20230326_210431_by_kidcub_dfssr6p-pre.jpg

If there are any other pictures that people might need for identification im more than happy to take them ! these were done pretty hap hazardly since i was in a rush to get to work.

If he was a sample, he won't necessarily have a perfect match out there. He could in fact be One of a Kind!
Disney regularly has sample sales for their employees, and they sell all the protypes they had made for various merch. Often there are a lot of plush that look very different from the version they ended up releasing, or some never get made at all!

Back