• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Did I purchase Fakes?

Did I purchase Fakes?

curiouslittleoyster

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I purchased 2 DSSH pins and 2 Disney parks pins from a seller with 100% score on Estttsery (not sure if it is allowed to put actual names of sites on here). The seller claims all pins are authentic.

First, are the nurse pins. The cards are both crisp and clean—too new and perfect looking and there is no price sticker or sku listed on it. The back of one of the pins looks weird too.

1d839c1c662307208fb89cdf4d329a20.jpg

9a62d494267846005edcf7535e336f78.jpg

dadaf1c25b06c3c343a0f40fc61d4782.jpg

e4c86791e6a7c60059e4b442e9af38ec.jpg

a5ff427e638bcab6f1a28b24e127b27a.jpg

Next is the Mother Gothel
fb837d5a5144d894d53d6946ce9b9ce0.jpg

e1d74fdf8696ad3fb5cf3736defb5555.jpg

53b39a45740de21d94a23e032b67b33e.jpg

Lastly Dark Tales Edgar Balthazar
0cbbbcc42001f2d768cc690bd539ad0d.jpg

28a3be1b9816e9c1b02b59145553f57d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More pics
a772d088f6a970b4a8e2bb776aa81f94.jpg

e00d115e0be7f9b3b53a3706cf50d394.jpg

No skus or price stickers on them either

On the first one, the words on the back are all spelled incorrectly so I am assuming it is a scrapper.

It is supposed to say "Central Florida Blood Bank" and then 1st in a Series of 5.

Also the defining lines on the nurse are less defining than the photo on PinPics.

The first Minute pin is so very wrong that it definitely makes me question the integrity of the seller. Though I have to admit that I don't know enough about DSSH pins to make any kind of assessment on those, beyond the cards being too generic and pristine.

Thank you both so much. I thought the nurse pins looked suspicious. Too good to be true. I am unsure about the Dssh pins too especially in light of these Minnie pins.

The Maleficent pin is an AP I pulled off a pin board at a DSSH event. I was #3 to trade with the DSSH board after the refresh.

The Dark Tale pin was not obtained directly from DSSH, but I obtained it ~ a month after it released at D23 and before the fakes of these started showing up in heavy rotation.

I wanted you to know both pins origin (from what I know), so you can assess the pics for whatever they are worth...

Last edited:
Thank you so much for sharing pictures of your dark tales pin. The pictures are helpful!The seller is still selling more of the Dssh pins and both nurse pins as authentic. I am convinced they are all fakes. I’ve already sent a message requesting a refund and included pictures of the fake pins he sent me. Unbelievable.

There are also pictures on pintradingdb.com of the back of the Mother Gothel pin. Also, for whatever this is worth.

(I so dislike there are fakes in this hobby and do not want to 'pile on' since who knows what is correct.)

I would be suspicious of all of these; they are all pins that are commonly faked. I'm sure that the Dark Tales is not real; the real backer card has a redder tint to the purple border, the fake backer cards have the dark purple line.

Thank you so much for that info! I’m just returning to Disney and pins after taking a break for several years. I’m relearning the ropes and learning new things as well. I haven’t heard back from the seller yet. Either way I’ll give feedback on that site to warn others and I definitely need my money back!

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It really frustrates me when people sell fakes.

Thank you! It really was too good to be true. Pins like this for under $20 each? I should’ve known. Got too excited and lulled into thinking it was just a great deal by the 100% score (I’m still shocked by this—do the buyers not know or do they mix some authentic sales in there as well??) Lesson learned.

So sorry Curiouslittleoyster. So sad to be so excited to get these, then find out they are fake. I hope you can go to a higher authority on that site to report this person. I also hope you find real pins very soon! Don't feel bad though, we've all been there!:pooh:

So sorry Curiouslittleoyster. So sad to be so excited to get these, then find out they are fake. I hope you can go to a higher authority on that site to report this person. I also hope you find real pins very soon! Don't feel bad though, we've all been there!:pooh:

Thank you so much. I’m going to reach out directly to the site’s customer service because the seller won’t refund me shipping or the cost to return the fake pins to them. They are claiming one of the pins just has an “error” (the horribly misspelled Central Florida blood bank nurse pin). I will certainly leave a negative review.
6b07bef0c602865e98bb8ed806439f6d.jpg

If someone is selling lots of fake Disney items you can report a fake Disney product seller by email to tips@disneyantipiracy.com The third party seller sights generally can only act to close the sellers shop if the real copyright holder Disney raises a complaint and Disney does follow up on reported sellers from what i've heard. (The third party sights i.e. "Estttsery" should be able to help you get a refund though)

Wow, that sounds like a blatant lie. I mean who hear has EVER seen even a fake of these DSSH pins on the boards at the parks??? Is that a thing now? Cause back in the day when we still could afford to go I never ever saw LE scrappers on the boards. And the DSSH pins, wouldn't be sold anywhere but Hollywood so unless this person is shipping from southern California that wouldn't make sense either.

Question is this person selling multiple listings of these same LE pins? If so that would be one i would consider reporting directly to Disney as they get very interested when someone is making alot of sales illegally.

If someone is selling lots of fake Disney items you can report a fake Disney product seller by email to tips@disneyantipiracy.com The third party seller sights generally can only act to close the sellers shop if the real copyright holder Disney raises a complaint and Disney does follow up on reported sellers from what i've heard. (The third party sights i.e. "Estttsery" should be able to help you get a refund though)
Thank you so much for that info! I’m going to email them today with pictures of the pins they sold me and with screenshots of the live listings still on the site including descriptions that state authentic disney pins.
The etssserrry site says I have to wait 48 hours after contacting the seller before I can open a case. I will be doing that tomorrow when that timeframe is reached.

Thanks again everyone for all your help and support—I appreciate you all!

Wow, that sounds like a blatant lie. I mean who hear has EVER seen even a fake of these DSSH pins on the boards at the parks??? Is that a thing now? Cause back in the day when we still could afford to go I never ever saw LE scrappers on the boards. And the DSSH pins, wouldn't be sold anywhere but Hollywood so unless this person is shipping from southern California that wouldn't make sense either.

Question is this person selling multiple listings of these same LE pins? If so that would be one i would consider reporting directly to Disney as they get very interested when someone is making alot of sales illegally.
This seller is selling from Statesville, NC so not near the DSSH and yes, they are selling multiples of the same LE pins. Again, my dummy self didn’t even check on that and got so excited about the pins and the great prices.‍ :-( All were under $20 each and seller has 100% score. First and last time buying pins from that site.

Back