Disney Magical Express

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Lizard1515, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Lizard1515

Lizard1515 BATB, PATF, Cinderella, and Disney Dog collector.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Anyone else super not happy that they are getting rid of the Disney Magical Express in 2022?

Most things that have done away with have been like “Aw that sucks” but this one really upset me.

[​IMG]

Gotta think of our best option for our now Feb 2022 trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    82   0   0

I was JUST telling my husband about that!

We've taken the Magical Express once. We usually stay at a non-Magical Express hotel, so we take the Mears Shuttle. It's okay. Not amazing. Not magic. But they were friendly and polite each time.

Do not use SuperShuttle in Orlando, they were horrible! I made reservations 6 weeks out. We arrived and they didn't know when the ride was going to be available. Three phone calls to them and 45 minutes later with still no eta, my husband walked over to the Mears Shuttle stand. We had a (shared) ride in 10 minutes. SuperShuttle is great in Anaheim, but Orlando's was super disappointing.

I'm sorry to see it go away, though.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Lizard1515 likes this.
  3. Lizard1515

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Noted! Thank you for the tip, we are clueless to the alternatives!

I just loved the ease of it along with the overall Disney experience beginning basically the second you step off the plane. It was also handy to have them tell you what time you should leave your resort to make your flight. I’m so sad to see it go.

krand1276 likes this.
  4. Pecosace

Pecosace Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

I never had the opportunity to experience it, but know people who did and really enjoyed it. Supposedly they also cut it since Uber and lyft are so prominent making it not as easily to "trap" guests on property to spend more money on shopping/dining when they can easily go elsewhere now to either Universal or out to eat if they fly to Orlando and don't rent a car. No matter the reasoning, it is sad that they are starting to cut down experiences containing that special Disney magic.

Lizard1515 and krand1276 like this.
  5. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

I'm pretty sure it will end up being *Free* Magical Express that is going away (but you always paid for it in your room rate). By the time 2022 rolls around they will have an upcharge option for those that don't want to pay to rent a car and then pay for resort parking.

slbrabham and Lizard1515 like this.
  6. Lizard1515

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

I can see how one could justify it that way.

But in my opinion that just makes it standard airport transportation. All it would really have is the name,plus it’s not like their room rates will be reduced to reflect removal of the service.

That’s how the one that goes to the Disneyland hotels works. It has nothing to do with Disney other than the wrapping on the outside of the bus. The disneyland hotels guest service teams book that one by either directing the guest to the bus transportation website/phone number or going on the same site the guest would and booking it for them.

Straight to room Luggage delivery(guaranteed gone), magic band scanning, Disney videos, and departure confirmations delivered to your room will most likely all go away.

7. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I ... wow. Just wow. I've always used the Magical Express every time I've gone to WDW because I don't hire a car and it's the easiest way for me to get to/from the airport. I normally arrive too late at night for them to pick up my bags, but I've loved being able to check them at the resort the morning of departure.

As much as it breaks my heart to say it ... with the constant increase of prices (that I believe are outstripping inflation) and the elimination of perks/services, why exactly would one want to visit WDW? I can understand that Disney is a business, 2020 and COVID has been terrible for its bottom line (everyone has had a horrible time), but I don't think nickel-and-diming its guests to recoup lost costs is going to help matters. While I can speak for only myself, it's going to make me much more likely to take my frequent flier miles and my credit card and go somewhere ... anywhere ... else.

Lizard1515 likes this.
  8. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    402   0   0

My heart sank too, mainly because this was part of the magic of the trip. Hopefully they will have an alternative in place. :oops:

Lizard1515 likes this.
  9. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

I never took it, but was planning to do so on my next trip. Since they now started charging for parking, I was thinking I would skip the rental car next time since I was not going to Universal. Was going to stay somewhere like Carribean Beach to take advantage of the skyliner or maybe Boardwalk to walk over to Epcot. But now that I will need to pay to get from/to airport, some of that cost savings go away and I might switch back to rental car.

I agree with other comments that it is becoming too nickle and dime with added expenses all over the place. Definitely reduces the happiness level.

Lizard1515 likes this.
  10. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    125   0   0

Oh no, I hope that they will put in place another option - such as an additional fee. We use the Magical Express every time we go to WDW - even the cruise.

Lizard1515 likes this.