Disney Memories/Faces to names

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by BellesEnchantedRose, Feb 17, 2021.

1. BellesEnchantedRose

BellesEnchantedRose BATB, PATF, Cinderella, and Disney Dog collector.

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

I think it's nice to put some faces to the names of the members here on DPF! So feel free to add some fun pictures from Disney trips past! (Cruiseline counts too!) I hope you will all join in to share some fun memories and stories with the group! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BellesEnchantedRose

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

I've had a pass since I was in junior high, and we always go to Disney for birthdays so I have quite a few great memories!
    One of many CHOC walks. [​IMG]
    Family photo from maybe 2014ish. [​IMG]
    One of the girls trips with @PeterPan'sFlight and @Chilikitty [​IMG]
    During the 60th when my friend and I got to see Elton John perform. [​IMG]
    Wdw trip January 2020 [​IMG]
    Our first dapper day( @Chilikitty and @PeterPan'sFlight ). [​IMG]
    Me and @PeterPan'sFlight 's daughter. [​IMG]
    Another from January 2020 my Dad spent the whole week with the girls! Bless him. lol [​IMG]
    @Chilikitty and I got to fly 1st class for my 21st birthday and our 1st WDW visit. [​IMG]

Now let's see your fun Disney memories!

3. Chilikitty

Chilikitty Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Fun! Below is me and Chip and Dale on a random work ditch day.

[​IMG]

Al other Dapper Day with [mention]Lizard1515 [/mention] and [mention]PeterPan'sFlight [/mention]
    [​IMG]

The only way to do Trader Sam’s!

[​IMG]

Me and the hubby at the Grand Californian lobby Christmas tree

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. BellesEnchantedRose

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

5. nateeter

nateeter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

First trip in 2015 with hub’s family.
    [​IMG]

First Donald photo (hub’s fave); we get one every trip together:
    [​IMG]

Me and hubs with my FIL. We lost him just 6 months later:
    [​IMG]

My family’s first trip in 2016:
    [​IMG]

2016 Trip Donald photo:
    [​IMG]

2018 trip with hub’s family:
    [​IMG]

2018 Trip Donald photo (last day, after running through a downpour)
    [​IMG]

MIL, Mama, and me at first pin event/girls’ trip (Animation Celebration) in 2018:
    [​IMG]

2019 Trip with hubs for our 20th Anniversary [​IMG]

Meeting Paige O’Hara:
    [​IMG]

2019 Anniversary Trip Donald Photo:
    [​IMG]

2019 Pin Event (Fairy Tails) Trip with the girls:
    [​IMG]

We’ve had to cancel 2 trips since and I can’t wait to go back!

6. BellesEnchantedRose

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

@nateeter So many sweet family memories!! I love that your family does girls trips too! :)

PeterPan'sFlight and nateeter like this.
  7. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

[​IMG]
    My oldest daughter - 1st trip to DLR. I am pregnant with number 2.

8. BellesEnchantedRose

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

I love it! What year was it?

9. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I
    [​IMG]
    Love
    [​IMG]
    Taking
    [​IMG]
    Character
    [​IMG]
    Photos!
    [​IMG]

10. momin.ator

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

2004. I had to live vicariously through my Dad because he could still ride the roller coaster.

11. BellesEnchantedRose

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

I love all of your outfits!! :)

PeterPan'sFlight likes this.
  12. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Thank you! I don't do much bounding, but I do try to dress to impress a particular character a lot of the times hahaha

13. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    82   0   0

I'm sure I have a bunch of favorite photos, but how about "the photo that should have been"?

The photo below is of my husband and I at Pandora at the waterfall Dec 2019. We waited in line to take the photo. When we got to our turn, there were these two little girls about 7-9 years old. They were by the rail, looking over at the water in what would be the left side of the photo. Apparently, they were in the shot (photo 2 shows other people waiting in line on the opposite side). The cast member calls to them (sarcastcally) "Girls, do you want to be in the photo with these strangers?" The girls didn't take it as sarcasm and walked over and posed in front of us for a photo. My husband and I were fine with it, so we smiled like we were all one big, happy family. The girls' grandmother was kind of off to the side and behind the photographer, looking at us and also smiling, so she seemed okay with it. The cast member wouldn't take the photo. Lol. All of that and then she was like "Umm, no, we can't do this." Which, yes, is probably the right thing to have done, but the photo would have made an even better story than this photo does!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

14. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    82   0   0

Tokyo Disneyland 2015 - my husband trying to figure out how to take a selfie while Pluto photobombs us.

[​IMG]

Disneyland Paris - still trying to figure out how to take selfies.

[​IMG]

WDW - an almost empty PotC boat and family friends that we met up with while there (we also met up with a few DPF members, but I won't post their photos unless they want.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DLR - photos with hitchhiking ghosts after a Halloween tour.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

15. BellesEnchantedRose

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

Okay so that just seems odd that she wouldn't let you. lol I get that if there was no parent around but it seems like Gma was cool with it. I do think its a great picture though!

krand1276 likes this.
  16. BellesEnchantedRose

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

AWW, it seems like you guys have been able to experience some unique and awesome Disney things!

krand1276 likes this.
  17. bingandnelsonfan

bingandnelsonfan Baby Yoda Crazy!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

This is such a cool thread! I love having faces to go with names, because that makes everyone into a real person and not just an electronic personality. :)

These are pictures to show me (@bingandnelsonfan ) and my identical twin, @stratasfan . . .
    We were born in Florida and lived there until after our fourth birthday. We went to WDW a lot in those days and still have our Minnie Mouse hats and character autograph books.
    This is us in 1991 -- I'm on the left, Sis on the right, and that's Pop peeking in there at the side of the photo.
    [​IMG]

Our next trip to Disney was not until 2001, when we spent a day in Magic Kingdom and one in EPCOT. Sadly, those photo albums are in the back of a closet, so I can't get a photo right now.
    Years went by, and we never went to Disney on all our trips back to see family. Then, in December 2016, we went down to Gramma's house in Viera -- and I asked if we couldn't look for a Mickey Mouse/Disney World baseball cap. Gramma was like "no problem". I'll drive you to Disney Springs, and you're sure to find one there. Disney Springs?! What's that? Her following description came across as a sort of strip mall with a lot of Disney-themed shops. We were totally NOT prepared for the amazing place that is Disney Springs!!! In fact, we only went on the last day of our trip, and only late in the afternoon. We knew the minute that we got there that we hadn't been prepared for this. We spent three or four hours there and had a BLAST. Here we are outside of the World of Disney with purchases in a bag. We didn't know a thing about pin trading at this time.
    Sis is on the left, and I'm on the right.
    [​IMG]

Six months later, we went down to visit Gramma again. And we ended up going over to Disney Springs for a couple of days.
    Here we are building lightsabers for some friends. We built them, then took them apart and mailed a box full of the pieces -- that way, they got to build their own, too!
    I'm on the left, and Sis is on the right.
    [​IMG]

And a couple of days later, we went again with our cousin and aunt. Here we are taking a break after some shopping -- Sis is on the left, our cousin in the middle, and me on the right.
    [​IMG]

That photo above shows two innocent tourists who had never heard of Disney Pin Trading. In fact, our cousin only told us about it that day -- right when we were all going home! (See that lanyard on her neck . . . she wore that as a fashion accessory and never traded a pin off of it. We didn't know it was more than something fun to wear!)
    As soon as we got back to Gramma's house, she starts telling us about pin trading. Better late than never, so we went right onto eBay and ordered some C&D lanyards. This started the avalanche, and we ended up getting into pins (and a few more lanyards) just as soon as we were back home.

Due to Pop's cancer and surgeries, it was a year and a half before we went down for another visit in December 2018. By then, we were prepared for the fun of pin trading!
    We went to Disney Springs about five different times, and you can see that we were loaded with heavy lanyards of our own. :)
    I'm on the left, and Sis is on the right.
    [​IMG]

Our cousin actually crammed her college finals to rush down for the last day of our trip. We were able to go trading together and walk through the Christmas Tree walk at Disney Springs as the sun was setting. This was like the best day ever!
    Here we are next to the Robin Hood tree (which you can't really see). Our cousin is on the left, I'm in the center, and Sis is on the right.
    [​IMG]

Then, in January 2020, we were able to go again (latest trip to date). This time, we ended up going over to Disney Springs on nine different days, I think it was! Our cousin was just entering the Disney College Program, so we got to see her and our aunt for multiple trading days, too! Here are some photos from this trip:

That's me on the left, our cousin in the center, and Sis on the right.
    [​IMG]

This is me in Pin Traders with my AG doll, Nanea. She went this trip and got a LOT of pictures taken for doll-related blog entries . . . she loves trading pins, and you'd be surprised how many people love to trade with a doll!
    [​IMG]

And this is Mom and Sis at Goofy's Candy Company . . . one of Sis' favorite spots!
    [​IMG]

And a final picture of Sis (left) and me at Pin Traders!
    [​IMG]

Thanks for starting this thread. It's such fun to see everyone!

18. BellesEnchantedRose

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

You guys have such awesome memories from your trips!

19. BellesEnchantedRose

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

My three most recent Disney trips:

In Summer 2018, my family went on a Disney Cruise to Alaska. It was a decent sized group with an aunt and uncle, my dad’s cousin and his wife, and my brother-in-law’s step mother joining my parents, sister and her family, me, and my then boyfriend. My parents paid for my boyfriend and me as my PhD graduation present. Then boyfriend and I are the two towards the middle most in line behind the one kid (my niece).

[​IMG]

The Alaska Cruise trip had been in the works for 2 years (before I even started dating the boyfriend - this was his first time meeting a lot of my family). Shortly before we left on it in the summer, my boyfriend’s parents announced they wanted to take us and his brother’s family to Disney World for Christmas. Two Disney trips in a year without paying for either!

Then boyfriend and I are on the far left.

[​IMG]

Then the boyfriend and I got engaged and decided to drag both sets of parents, my sister with her family, and his brother with his family on another Disney cruise, this one a more traditional Bahamas one, in March 2020 (barely got it in before Covid shutdown!) for our wedding on board.

[​IMG]

This photo surprisingly took awhile to make happen. We’d done lots of photos all around the ship and the photographer said a last couple on the main stairs then we’d be done. The stairs were right next to an Admiral Donald statue and Donald is my favorite character so I asked if we could grab some pics with the statue and he said no problem. Just as we finished the extra statue photos, Captain Mickey came walking through the lobby having just finished a regularly scheduled photo line. Our photographer asked him if he would take some pictures with us but then our photographer and Mickey’s regular photographer realized that might not be allowed because having Captain Mickey come to your wedding reception is an extra $1,500 fee or something that we hadn’t paid for so maybe no pictures in the wedding outfits allowed. The two photographers had to go to the nearby front desk and call their main headquarters or whatever and ask for permission while we stood around waiting with Captain Mickey. We finally got the ok and got our picture.

21. BellesEnchantedRose

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

WOW! That's so cool that you guys got married on a Disney cruise! Our goal is to eventually go on one when my niece is a bit older.

22. momin.ator

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

Yay! for Captain Mickey

BellesEnchantedRose likes this.
  23. hiddenjumprope

hiddenjumprope Possibly a mermaid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I've been to Disneyland a few times, over the span of two separate trips (went to California twice to visit family. My aunt worked as a nurse at Disneyland).
    I can't remember the exact years, but I know I was really young. I think the two trips were between 1st and 3rd grade. So around 1998-2001? I don't remember a ton of the trip, I remember liking the Bugs Life show thing for some reason. I remember a lot of random small things, nothing really interesting to share but wanted to mention I have been there since I do feel lucky I've been to both Disneyland and Disney World.

I went to Disney World in 2005, when I was 13. Legit the only reason I remember the year is because my mom bought my sister and me a 2005 pin. I have two as my sister gave me hers as she didn't really get into the pin collecting while I did.
    So for context for this cute story, I have 3 sisters. The one I mentioned is close in age to me, she would have been 11 during this trip. My other two sisters are a lot younger, at the time of the trip they were 5 and 2.

So, my name is Arielle (my mom did not name me after The Little Mermaid, she actually almost didn't name me Arielle because of the movie). I happen to have red hair and blue eyes. My two youngest sisters thought I was a princess and a mermaid for awhile because of this. Also they had trouble pronouncing my name for the longest time, so they called me "Ayyell/Eayyell" not sure how to write it out.

We went to go see Voyage of the Little Mermaid (at least pretty sure this was it, had to look it up. I just know it was a live show of parts of the Little Mermaid and this fits). During the show when Ariel was on stage, my 5 year old sister stood up, pointed at Ariel, looked at me, and exclaimed "Aayyell, that's yooouuu!!!!!!" to the whole theater. In retrospect it was very adorable and sweet, but as a 13 year old who was bullied a lot I was mortified. I still regret starting to tell her off for it once the show was over... my mom then told me off for doing so saying I was ruining the magic/her experience etc. lol. I have apologized to her about it recently, she's now 20 :eek:.

Nothing really else as good of a story to share from that trip, besides that's what got me started collecting pins in general. No pictures, at least that I have on hand. My mom has them. I didn't have a camera of my own yet.

24. BellesEnchantedRose

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

I just saw this, I apologize! I think its so incredible how vividly we can remember moments like that. I think that's what's so awesome about Disney. :) Also, it's pretty difficult to snag a job as a Disney nurse so bravo to your aunt!

hiddenjumprope likes this.
  25. hiddenjumprope

hiddenjumprope Possibly a mermaid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

She worked there for a long time! I think she was the head nurse. She left for a bit to work with the red cross and then went back for a bit.