• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney movie club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney movie club

Pxv703

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't know if there is an already existing thread on this but I need advice. I am debating whether or not I should join the Disney movie club. Right now, I can pick 5 movies for 1.00$ and get a free Olaf throw. I can pick up a 6th movie for 11.95$ and a 7th movie for 8.95$. 7 movies for 22$ sounds like a great deal but I looked at the small prints and realized that I would have to buy 4 other movies at 29.95$ + 3.95$ shipping and handling. I looked it up on the Disneystore.com and I can get the exact same movies for 24.95$ get free shipping because my order combined would be over 75$ and get three 10$ off coupons!!! I understand that I can cancel my order once I buy 4 movies for 29.95$ plus shipping and handling but I wonder about the long-term benefits of such a membership?! Any advice?

I am someone who has been a member for the past three years, and I think its a pretty great service. I think its mainly meant for movie lovers who like to buy a lot of movies each year, but I have been pretty satisfied with it. The fine print says four movies for $29.95, but really they just want you to accept 4 of your featured titles over a two year period. You will get one featured title offer a month, and you can choose to accept or decline that offer. Once you get 4 of those out of the way, you become a premium member and get even more deals than you did before and you can access their pin shop (its a very limited selection, but the pins they sell are usually really nice). Some of their sales and deals are really good, and there are a lot of movies and TV shows that you can only get through DMC (such as Kim Possible). I think its worth trying out at least once if only for the starting deal and sales. If you don't like it once you become a premium member, then you can always cancel your membership.

Definitely check the fine print of any of the codes you use. Some will say you only have to buy 3 movies instead of those four, and the one I used a few months ago counted that $11.95 movie as one (but not the $8.95) so I only had to purchase 2 full price movies.

I've been very satisfied with it. I was able to get a bunch of movies all at once, including less known ones like The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit and The Ugly Dachshund. I was able to replace a bunch of VCR tapes and I had the deal Kyera had where I only had to buy 2 full price movies.

Thanks for asking this question. I'm also looking into joining so I can have access to the pins (I've seen a few really nice ones). What is everyone's opinion of the pins available? (I'm not worried about the movie-purchase commitment -- we usually buy a few movies a few times a year to add to our personal collection).

Ok so I joined and am trying to get my head around this but it seems like all the pre-order for new releases are 4$ more expensive than the Disney Store sells them for and you also have to pay for shipping. Anyone know anything about that?

Ok so I joined and am trying to get my head around this but it seems like all the pre-order for new releases are 4$ more expensive than the Disney Store sells them for and you also have to pay for shipping. Anyone know anything about that?

After shipping charges its probably around retail for all new release pre-orders. I have only done two pre-orders from them in the past as I usually use DMC for the deals and stuff, but I remember the prices never getting out of hand for either of those pre-orders (one was the Aladdin Diamond Edition with the Disney Short Film Collection and the other was for the DMC exclusive blu-ray of the Aladdin sequels).

Ok. I was looking to purchase the Jungle book live-action but it is a better deal off the Disney Store.

I ended up joining the movie club this week-end. I wanted to check out the Disney Movie Rewards but they won't let me access it. Does anyone know if it is because I am using an Internet connection out of Quebec? I really don't understand because all my credit card info and billing address is in the U.S....

Sometimes their website doesn't like when you try to sign in from abroad. I know I've had trouble since I've been out of the US and usually have to ask my mom to sign in for me. But then other times it works. I'd just try again, you never know when it's going to work.

So I see they already have the pre-sale on Finding Dory and Alice through the looking Glass. I have litterally fulfilled my membership commitment for the next two years. I think I bought something like 13-14 movies for 100$ and most of the pre-sales come with free lithographs!

Status
Not open for further replies.