• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Polaroid pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Polaroid pins?

leopardpolkadotspots

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Just seen on a certain site some disney Polaroid pins. Have not seen anyone posting about the release or info on pinpics. Anyone know anything about them?

so far there is a Jafar, Genie, Chip and Dale, Queen of hearts, King Louis, Smee and Lilo.

anyone know who else is in the set?

1555467_10203091115465684_1939027860_n.jpg

From Facebook :)

From the Disney Parks Blog:

DPP898463-613x442.jpg

I also got a look at the “Characters & Camera†surprise pin set. This limited release 30-pin collection will be presented in a mystery boxes (two randomly selected pins per box), and will be released at random times and locations in Florida and California throughout the year. There will also be limited edition, monochromatic chaser pins included in this set. Each chaser pin will have an edition size of 250, and will be found at random in the mystery boxes.

I just saw these on instagram, I thought they where fantasy pins for a second, some of them are pretty dodgy looking in my opinion :/

But good luck getting them for anyone that wants them :)

I originally thought they were ugly and distorted until I realized they are based on the characters you see in the park and how their costumes are rather than the actual Disney character which made me like them a lot more since I have memories if meeting Ralph when he was in the park.

Yeah, these pins are really unattractive. I collect Lilo & Stitch and Pooh and friends, but I'm going to have to give myself permission to pass on these...

I originally thought they were ugly and distorted until I realized they are based on the characters you see in the park and how their costumes are rather than the actual Disney character which made me like them a lot more since I have memories if meeting Ralph when he was in the park.

Polaroids of the Costumed Characters is what I'm guessing they're supposed to be as well.
It's the only way I can think to explain the weird proportions of some of them and the dead, lifeless/1000 yard stare some of them have.
A few of them are kinda in that "uncanny valley" look and it's a little creepy.

Yeah, I want both Ralph and Vanellope (chasers too) but this is the negative side of being a completionist. These pins are just downright ugly, after the hype, these pins will plummet in price <_<

I actually think they're awesome. But then I'm a park geek who has met most of the characters these pins are portraying. :)

These are a great set for park character fans IMO.

Yeah, I want both Ralph and Vanellope (chasers too) but this is the negative side of being a completionist. These pins are just downright ugly, after the hype, these pins will plummet in price <_<

Yep. This is the problem I am having. Should I really get these pins? Idk
I actually think they're awesome. But then I'm a park geek who has met most of the characters these pins are portraying. :)

These are a great set for park character fans IMO.
And this is probably why my appreciation for these pins are low. I don't go to the parks often so I have seen only some of these in person. Some of them are nice :)

Yep. This is the problem I am having. Should I really get these pins? Idk

I will be trying to get Ralph and Vanellope (given they are Limited Release and not Limited Edition, they should be really cheap, others are already selling for $15, after the hype calms from them being a surprise, I see them being really low). As for the chasers, I'm on the fence about those, they are monochromatic, which is uglier imo, and LE200 (won't go for much) but they look the same so they won't be too nice either. IDK if I'll go for the chasers yet...we'll see.

And this is probably why my appreciation for these pins are low. I don't go to the parks often so I have seen only some of these in person. Some of them are nice :)

I agree with crushedbubbles here, the problem is that since I go to WDW and DLR once a year each max, I've only met Ralph and Vanellope once, I don't appreciate these all that much :(

I will be trying to get Ralph and Vanellope (given they are Limited Release and not Limited Edition, they should be really cheap, others are already selling for $15, after the hype calms from them being a surprise, I see them being really low). As for the chasers, I'm on the fence about those, they are monochromatic, which is uglier imo, and LE200 (won't go for much) but they look the same so they won't be too nice either. IDK if I'll go for the chasers yet...we'll see.

Have you seen any chasers yet? I don't believe I have. But they're not anything different in design other than color lol and edition size.

Yeah, I'm fortunate that I get to see these characters often and get to interact with them. I can't help but like this set because park characters are so much fun (even though I only "need" the two Wonderland ones - and ironically the Cheshire is a character who is out only in Paris so I haven't met him yet!)! :)

I really think this set will be great for character fans even more than pin collectors.

Last edited:
Are these for sale at WDW?

According to what I read a few weeks ago, they will be available randomly throughout the year at both parks.
They'll be out for a day or so at a select store, then put away again, then repeat at another time.

Not sure if this is true, but it would add an interesting aspect to the availability.
You could also argue that releasing them in that way would reinforce the idea that they're photos of the costumed characters who pop up throughout the park at random times throughout the day. (If you ignore that you can track the characters down with the app)

Are the chasers black and white?

Either way, I like them, must have Timon, Stitch, Pluto and a couple others.

I showed them to my nine year old son and he instantly connected with them - any pin that brings back park memories is a good pin in my book! He immediately started talking about the time he tackled Stitch when he was just three years old - then he started going through the characters one by one (I've met him, and him, but I haven't met her, etc.)! I won't aggressively collect them, but I will definitely pick some up. If they make my kiddo smile then they make me smile too. Thanks for posting the pics and links!

They were a surprise release at Epcot yesterday. I bought one box to see what they were like. Really, the insert does not do them justice. They are a nice-looking pin -- just like the old Polaroids -- with the character's signature on the bottom (the white space of the Polaroid). I only got Minnie and Vanellope, and have already traded away Vanellope. We also went to MK yesterday and did not see them there. Good luck to those who are hunting for them. Fortunately, I only want the Lilo and Stitch ones.

Bobbie

are they on DPP yet? I really would like Captain Hook! my daughter met him on her birthday and was terrified of him at first, but then later she kept asking to see him and she loves looking at the pics we took of them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back