Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls - 2019

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by starry_solo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. PrincessAurora13

PrincessAurora13 Once Upon a Dream

0   0   0

There are SO MANY of the Saks Frozen dolls being sold on eBay right now, and they're all charging $600. But here's the real question - there were only 1000 dolls for sale, and it looks like a good chunk of them went to resellers and scalpers. So, really, if people were unwilling to buy them for the price Saks was asking, then how the heck do the resellers figure people are gonna be willing to pay even more money for them?

Meritre likes this.
  2. Meritre

Meritre Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I hope that this will be a lesson to scalpers and that they'll have to sell the dolls below retail. I can dream. :)

3. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

At the moment, both Frozen dolls are available.

4. PrincessAurora13

0   0   0

Sold out when I went to check. They must be uploading at random times to try and throw people off, but it's not deterring the scalpers.

5. disneykellyb

disneykellyb New Member

0   0   0

What time do they release the little mermaid dolls on the UK website? I am new to this. Is it harder to get on the UK site than on the US site? Thanks a lot =)

6. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I think it's whatever the equivalent of 12 midnight Pacific Time is....but don't forget we in the US have a time change soon

7. Meritre

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Here is some info about the dolls, source is the uk disney instagramsite ( Disney Store UK on Instagram: “On Tuesday 19th November, our beautiful Mermaid Ariel and Vanessa Limited Edition Dolls will release online and in selected Disney Stores.…” ):
    On Tuesday 19th November, our beautiful Mermaid Ariel and Vanessa Limited Edition Dolls will release online and in selected Disney Stores. Ariel and Vanessa will retail for £90 each and be available from the following stores: Bluewater, Bullring Birmingham, Grafton Street Dublin, Grand Arcade Cardiff, Lakeside West Thurrock, Liverpool One, Manchester Arndale, Metro Centre Tyne & Wear, Oxford Street London, St Enoch Glasgow, Westfield White City and Stockholm.
    Also releasing will be the Limited Edition Ariel and Eric Doll set for £350. Available online and in Oxford Street only.

Online items will be available from approx. 8am and in-store from store opening. Purchase limits will apply – 1 per person in store and 1 per person/2 per household online. A ticketing system may apply in stores.
    Edition sizes are as follows:
    Ariel: Global Edition size of 5500, with 1480 available in Europe
    Vanessa: Global Edition size of 2000, with 1000 available in Europe
    Ariel and Eric 2 Pack: Global Edition size of 710, with 310 available in Europe

8. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

The purchase qualifies for their current gift card promotion.

Use Code OCT19SF at Checkout

$35 Gift Card with your $250 purchase
    $75 Gift Card with your $500 purchase
    $200 Gift Card with your $1000 purchase
    $600 Gift Card with your $2000 purchase
    $900 Gift Card with your $3000 purchase

9. disneykellyb

disneykellyb New Member

0   0   0

Thanks guys! So it's 8am UK time or 12am Pacific time?
    Is it harder to get on the UK or on the US site usually?

10. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

Heyo. The Saks new email promo is 15% off right now, that's more than $60 a doll with tax. If you don't see the pop up when you go to the site, open up an incognito tab. It takes at least a day to get to your email.

11. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins The Llama Lady (aka Alpaca Ann)

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0

I finally picked up mail from my dad's house and got my Saks holiday catalog. I thought this was interesting ... and perhaps explains the pricing for these dolls (this is referring to the standard release and not the $30,000 set, haha) ...
    [​IMG]

LMB925 and Meritre like this.
  12. Meritre

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

So even the regular dolls have such expensive decoration, thanks for sharing. I heard an opinion that them beeing exactly like in the movie is because they are out before the movoe and we are not yet familiar with the outfits that's possibly why they didn' change them at all.

LMB925 likes this.
  13. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

I actually think this refers to the $30,000 set.

Meritre likes this.
  14. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins The Llama Lady (aka Alpaca Ann)

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0

The only dolls on the page are the regular limited edition dolls.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Meritre likes this.
  15. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

Right, but it's not the first time Disney does a bait & switch. They did it when they released the Aurora 17" dolls (stock photos were the Harrods release, not the general release) and I think they did it for this one. The only mention I've seen of amethysts, diamonds and other gems is for the $30,000 ones....oh and none of them at 1 carat.

PrincessAurora13 and Meritre like this.
  16. cxn4689

cxn4689 Member

0   0   0

It seems there're some real photos of the Fronze 2 dolls. I think the Elsa looks super cheap... Anna looks better.

17. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

Yeah, Disneyland Paris is selling them now!

18. Awesomedude32456

Awesomedude32456 Tracking down unaffordable Disney merch

0   0   0

Our first in hand pictures of the new Little Mermaid anniversary dolls! Releasing Nov 16 in the US and Nov 19 in Europe. We should be hearing Tiana news VERY soon...
    -
    Thanks to @theycallmeobsessed on Instagram for the pics
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Starlord3301

Starlord3301 Member

0   0   0

I just saw on instagram pics of Dr. Facilere LE doll its theo ne from D23 but with a green backgroud instead of purple. Aslo Saw a small low quality pic of Tiana in her blue dress, Im excited for both of these dolls and the Frozen 2 LE dolls(opinions are mixed but i love them) Good way for Disney to end the year. Im excited to see what 2020 brings for Doll releass

Meritre likes this.
  20. Meritre

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

21. Meritre

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

22. PrincessAurora13

0   0   0

Is it me or is something... off about Tiana's face?

That dress is gorgeous, though.

23. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

I guess those ugly boxes are here to stay....

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

24. Cheyenne

Cheyenne Member

0   0   0

I am so glad I have the first 17 inch Ariel. I want this new one only because Ariel is my favorite, but, I'm not too impressed with her. I think they could have done MUCH more with her. She is NOT worth the price they are asking. The Tiana doll is beautiful. Sometimes I wish I worked for Disney, as in, giving them ideas for the dolls and an insider scoop of what would make collectors go crazy. Feel free to contact me Disney ;)

Nai_Calus and starry_solo like this.
  25. Nai_Calus

Nai_Calus Member

0   0   0

Right? I feel like the last 17" I was actually impressed with from a wow factor was Frozen Fever Elsa, and the last I liked from a 'this looks awesome' factor was Rags Snow.