• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
541   0   0
I know it's a bit early, but I thought I would start the 2017 doll discussion thread for the 17" Disney Store dolls now, especially since there are rumors that there will be a live action BATB Platinum set.

I know it's a bit early, but I thought I would start the 2017 doll discussion thread for the 17" Disney Store dolls now, especially since there are rumors that there will be a live action BATB Platinum set.

Hi im so excited for the moana LE doll and the live action belle next year!

I am interested in seeing how it would look.

Fan Art

14517463_10154566991423684_5707293510450739956_n.jpg

I can't keep thinking that she look like Kristen Stewart??!!

I don't know as if I am going to be as excited about this set as I was with the Batb platinum. I know Disney usually does a great job with detailing LA dolls but if they make another Beast/Belle set I will definitely stay away. If they make a Prince Adam/Belle set though I may reconsider. I hope they won't increase their prices next year.

I can't keep thinking that she look like Kristen Stewart??!!

I don't know as if I am going to be as excited about this set as I was with the Batb platinum. I know Disney usually does a great job with detailing LA dolls but if they make another Beast/Belle set I will definitely stay away. If they make a Prince Adam/Belle set though I may reconsider. I hope they won't increase their prices next year.

Yeah she has similarity from this photo...especially the chin..but i think she looks way better than kristen stewards expressionless face lol...

Wait, that's a fan art piece? It and another photo were making the rounds this morning. I reblogged from the source, thinking they were real. If they aren't, it had me fooled.

Her dress is quite simple... It is pretty but they could have done a little more with it. In the musical version here they don't use either the exact copy of the golden dress but is just as beautiful. (See my signature picture :D)

I'm thinking of keeping my platinum BatB MIB (huge deboxer here) until we've seen the inevitable LA platinum. If I like the look of that one better, it would be silly to have two nearly identical sets! On the one hand I think the level of craftsmanship on the LA dolls is phenomenal - so impressed with AttLG! But on the other hand there's been a lot of talk from people that say they've seen Belle's dress and that it's really plain. And then this picture starts making the rounds (suspect though it may be). So who knows. I really really really hope this picture is fake, this is supposed to be 18th century French court for gods sake, even their underwear was covered in lace and ribbons

It would be great if we get a doll for the prince (whatever they name him for the movie)! Preferably as a single doll so I can afford to get two and have one modified into the animated Adam we didn't get in September ;) Ahh dreams.

Wasn't the Prince's name Adam? ;-P

In the movie itself we don't get to know his name. As far as I know, he is called Adam in the Kingdom Hearts games but Disney never confirmed that he is indeed called Adam. Fans keep calling him that name though.

It's weird since he's originally a prince and he should have a name. But, Snow White's prince has no name either.

Florian and Ferdinand are the two names that float around for Snow's prince. I think there were some comic books released at the time of the film's initial release that called him Ferdinand. And the Queen was called Queen Grimhilde. But they are not official names so they are just the Prince and the Evil Queen. So the Beast is kind of in the same boat. Adam is his unofficial name and Disney just calls him the Beast or the Prince.

Florian and Ferdinand are the two names that float around for Snow's prince. I think there were some comic books released at the time of the film's initial release that called him Ferdinand. And the Queen was called Queen Grimhilde. But they are not official names so they are just the Prince and the Evil Queen. So the Beast is kind of in the same boat. Adam is his unofficial name and Disney just calls him the Beast or the Prince.

And, as far as I know, Ferdinand and Henry float around for Cinderellas prince who is mostly called Prince Charming.

Whoops, I seem to have created a monster :p Personally I'm firmly Team Adam. I once saw a picture taken in an official Disney hotel suite that had the prince's silhouette with the name Adam clearly labelled underneath, and that's good enough for me! But I think it's possible the LA movie might invent their own name just like Cinderella did with 'Kit' (nickname or not, what a terrible, terrible, name for a prince). And then we can argue even more XD

I took these two pictures when I stayed in the Royal Room at Port Orleans (I'm guessing this is what you're referring to):
LF4pRht

0Vs33Oz

But I also recall reading that Disney did officially say that Adam was not his name, it was just one Imagineer or designer that put his name as Adam on something and then it sort of snowballed from there.

Edit: Link to pictures since my post doesn't seem to want to display them

Last edited:
I dont mind the name of the beast as prince adam..it makes sense they should make a name for him because you cant exactly call beast as beast when he is already human right? You know I kind of surprise that his people such as lumiere and cogsworth etc calls him beast. He wasnt exactly born as a beast right?if it were me and my husband or whoever Ive been calling peter or john my whole life turns into a beast I would still call him by his real name. Pardon my memory if I was wrong that they were calling him beast...

I don't know about the servants, but Belle definitely calls him Beast... 'cause she never bothered asking his name I guess? lol

And thanks for the pics and the info kyera!

I know there was never a name for him in the production of the film (though I find it suspect that allegedly no one in the whole crew even had a nickname for him in years of drawing him over and over.... what ridiculous things are they hiding ;P) but it amuses me to see the 'unofficial' name on official merchandise.

I think it's like Schrödinger's cat - you can't declare the cat dead until you actually produce a dead cat. How can we say his name isn't Adam if we can't provide his real name as proof? The only thing we actually know is that we don't know, so it can't be proven we haven't guessed right. (I say that knowing it was said by the creative team that his name wasn't Adam, however that was in the context of clarifying that they never picked a name for him. Not, to my knowledge, in an attempt to say it could be any name but Adam.) And anyway, it's a widely accepted identifier for yet another nameless Disney prince that's a darn sight easier to type than 'Beast's human form', so why not keep it ;)

Those are the last few cents from my rant-purse, before I get in trouble with the mods for being so off topic! *flees*

No problem!

I'm so excited to get more Belle dolls, even though some people think it's too much. She's my third favourite, but I'm probably never going to see Mulan and I can't afford the Wedding or Red Jasmines... so Belle it is! Other than BatB, do we have any ideas what else might be coming out in 2017?

Oh, Mulan could be so beautiful in any of her outfits (underwear and pajamas included :D)

Adam would be a great opposite to the name Beast sice it also means - as far as I know - man :)

The creative team has said they didn't name him Adam, in the context that they didn't give him a name, but they have also stated that if they had given him a name it wouldn't have been Adam because they would have named him something French, just like all of the other characters in the film. So while he does not have a name we can dispute Adam with, they have also said that Adam does not make a good name (in that it's not French) and would not be something they chose. :) But, the fact that they never gave him a name does make things more difficult for us when discussing his different forms! (even if there is a long history of Disney just not naming their male leads haha)

New Belle LA dolls is an exciting prospect, especially if there is a human Beast in the offering, since I know a lot of people expected and wanted one this past release. Although I am very curious to see what other dolls are released next year! (Even if, like may of you, I've all but given up hope of getting a Mulan doll)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back