• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition Dolls - 12" and Designer - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
First up is Signature Minnie in Yellow:

Minnie Mouse Signature Limited Edition Doll coming on January 22nd
$79.95 US/$99.95 CAN
Global Edition Size: 4,000

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

FYI: January 22, 2017 is National Polka Dot Day, that's why she's coming out that day.

I really don't know what to expect from the designer line this year. I have no clue. Only thing i wish for is a single designer line like 2011. I really don't need more couples unless they are wedding themed...

Minnie Mouse is not my cup of tea. But would love to see a designer Vaiana/Moana!

A little bit of me things thinks the designer doll range will be put out to rest. My heart would love to see a lead character with a parent (e.g Ariel & Triton/Belle & Maurice) but i know that is incredibly unlikely. Perhaps more realistic could be a wedding line. Alternatively, they could do a new line of characters designed by famous fashion brands/personalities (Belle by Gaultier, Mary Poppins by Burberry, Mulan by Bob Mackie etc)......

Last edited:
I really dunno what to expect myself. No one does. After the poor treatment and reception of the waves from the past two years, I think its safe to say that the line is probably going to either be cut or they are gonna go back to square one. I would LOVE single designer dolls again, with heroines being the focus. That would allow for more creativity and would also make them cheaper.

For example, I loved the Alice and Queen of Hearts set from this year, but I didn't buy them despite me wanting Disney to make a new LE Alice doll. I just didn't like how they were crammed in their box, and they lacked the detail for the $129 price tag. Plus I already have very mixed feelings about paying that price for a set of dolls anyways, at least with my current job and financial situation. If they had sold Alice by her self with a little more detail for $79 and released the designer lithographs, mugs and so on, I think I more than likely would have bought her. I hope that Disney listens to criticisms and suggestions made by the doll collecting community and makes changes based on that.

I was really looking forward to the assorted merchandise with Belle & Gaston for the designer line (and pins too!) and still can't believe they didn't release anything other than the dolls.

Does anyone know the size of the designer Minnie is she in a case or? I'm trying to determine if I want her or not... /:

that Moana repaint is amazing! The original doll is good but definitely didn't get the feel of Moana right.

Im really hoping to be blown away this year... I planned to pick up Alice and Aurora but ended up passing on both. I haven't bought a designer since Tiana & Naveen...

I would really like to see them go somewhere completely new either with Hercules/Tarzan/hunchback or in an even wilder direction like a Toystory collection or Big Hero 6. Mostly I just want a Jessica rabbit! Haha

Does anyone know the size of the designer Minnie is she in a case or? I'm trying to determine if I want her or not... /:

that Moana repaint is amazing! The original doll is good but definitely didn't get the feel of Moana right.

Im really hoping to be blown away this year... I planned to pick up Alice and Aurora but ended up passing on both. I haven't bought a designer since Tiana & Naveen...

I would really like to see them go somewhere completely new either with Hercules/Tarzan/hunchback or in an even wilder direction like a Toystory collection or Big Hero 6. Mostly I just want a Jessica rabbit! Haha

Yes, something different would always be nice! I'm holding out for anything new merch with Hunchback in particular.

She is in a standard designer case like all the other designer dolls. So she will look right at home displayed alongside them if you have any and still have them in their boxes.

There certainly is a lot of potential this year, if they do any more designer dolls at all. They could really do anything. Plus they might get a little more creative where we have some anniversaries and the D23 Expo going on.

I'm hoping for more designer fairies. Maybe a Periwinkle? Or even a different Tink. Maybe it's too early for that (not enough other fairies released yet,) but I wouldn't mind another tink eventually.

In addition to all the wonderful suggestions already mentioned in this thread, I would really love designer dolls for characters like Princess Sophia and Doc McStuffins; they would remind me of the happy times I spent watching these shows together with our little girl, plus I think they would make wonderful designer dolls! ^-^

Since D23 already did an exclusive Snow White / Prince set in the designer line, I can't see that they would repeat it for the 80th Anniversary, do you?

This is a valid point. But I can't imagine them neglecting Snow White in her super-huge anniversary year. So maybe they'll go off the charts and do a set based on the classic "dancing with the dwarfs" scene, and have a Snow doll with a Dopey-standing-on-Sneezy (I think it's Sneezy, right? haven't watched that movie in ages). That would be cute! Probably too far outside the normal designer concept to be a realistic possibility. But it WOULD be different!

This is a valid point. But I can't imagine them neglecting Snow White in her super-huge anniversary year. So maybe they'll go off the charts and do a set based on the classic "dancing with the dwarfs" scene, and have a Snow doll with a Dopey-standing-on-Sneezy (I think it's Sneezy, right? haven't watched that movie in ages). That would be cute! Probably too far outside the normal designer concept to be a realistic possibility. But it WOULD be different!

That would be cute!

First up is Signature Minnie in Yellow:

Minnie Mouse Signature Limited Edition Doll coming on January 22nd
$79.95 US/$99.95 CAN
Global Edition Size: 4,000

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

FYI: January 22, 2017 is National Polka Dot Day, that's why she's coming out that day.

I LOVE the merchandise associated with the designer Minnie collection. I really am not feeling the doll. I don't like seeing her legs. I would have preferred a long dress.

Could it be that Minnie's legs are too long? Both Mickey and Minnie are very short/squat characters designed in thirds. Their legs, torso, and head are all the same proportion (more or less). But maybe here they've stretched her out just a bit to give her more human-like dimensions, better matching the typical 'fashion plate' look?

Could it be that Minnie's legs are too long? Both Mickey and Minnie are very short/squat characters designed in thirds. Their legs, torso, and head are all the same proportion (more or less). But maybe here they've stretched her out just a bit to give her more human-like dimensions, better matching the typical 'fashion plate' look?

I think this is exactly why she looks a little off to some people. Mickey and Minnie are shorter characters. Disney made her legs longer to give her I guess a more "designer" look, as you typically see a lot of fashion models and designs involving tall women with long legs. It looks a LITTLE off when you consider that, but I think it makes her look more unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back