Disney Store Limited Edition Dolls - 12" and Designer - 2019

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by starry_solo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Runswthwolves

Runswthwolves Member

0   0   0

Larger size might be a better chance to get one. The previous line sold out stupidly fast, great for the line but bad for me. Wasn't fast enough... Good luck to everyone trying for these. I'll try for Belle and if that's no dice then Rapunzel.

2. PrincessAurora13

PrincessAurora13 Once Upon a Dream

0   0   0

Hold on, why did they change the time for the online stores? I'm a natural night owl/insomniac, so staying up late to get these dolls isn't an issue - but GETTING UP EARLY is for me. I'm not a morning person - you don't want to mess with me when I first wake up. Having to get these dolls under the usual stressful conditions when I'm in my "mostly likely gonna chuck the computer out the window at the first sign of trouble" mode will be a NIGHTMARE.

3. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

You are right! Thanks! I'm so old school, I didn't even check. LOL
    Oh, now I wonder if that will make them harder to get? The site always used to crash and still seems iffy sometimes at 3:00 am EST, I wonder how the new time will impact it. It also means that on the east coast if you go to store, you may be able to get the doll a couple of hours later if you miss out (or let's be honest, maybe want two) since stores normally open at 8am.

Per ShopDisney "Each doll releases every Saturday from October 5 to November 2 online at 7 AM PT and at select Disney store locations on a first come, first serve basis." Found at: Disney Designer Collection | shopDisney

4. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

It's funny, I know Rap is popular, but I tend to not put her the same league as Ariel and Belle, who most often seem to consistently sell out and do well on the secondary market. However, I think you're right. And at least Disney thinks you're right since she's the highest edition in this series. I really liked the movie, and found it enjoyable when it came out, but I just never saw her as the same classic, epic level as the older princesses. I really didn't think Disney put out a real classic style epic animated movie between The Lion King and Frozen. They were all good, for the most part, but didn't ever seem classics to me. I remember my oldest niece was pretty young when the Tangled came out and she loved it, but she loved all of them and then forgot about them.

Rapunzel certainly makes a beautiful doll. She's normally in a great dress in beautiful shades of purple with long flowing blonde hair. Her brunette versions never do nearly as well. I'm not crazy about her face sculpt here, though. I'm still on the fence about her leaning towards a pass. I have often thought about getting rid of my Rapunzel dolls as I'm not attached to them. I'm an avid doll collector for many lines and appreciate the doll, but I just have little interest in her most of the time. I don't know why that is. I must in the minority with opinions here. I'm just surprised she's the highest edition size. As I look over the series, I really prefer Meg to her and I really didn't care for that movie very much.

5. LordTremaine

LordTremaine Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

So is Esmeralda available at 10 am for those of us on the East Coast? I thought it was 9 am lol.

6. PrincessAurora13

0   0   0

Okay, they changed the look of the App, so I'm assuming it's going to show up in the Disney Designer line section, but who knows with Disney?!

7. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

8. Taylena

Taylena Member

0   0   0

9. PrincessAurora13

0   0   0

Okay, got it. The doll ACTUALLY showed up on the website! Just waiting on the confirmation email.

10. PrincessAurora13

0   0   0

Got my confirmation email. I'm set.

11. Starlord3301

Starlord3301 Member

0   0   0

Still in stock at 10:15 am maybe thus series isn’t as popular as last years designer line that sold out within minutes. Here’s hoping I can get the rest of the series that I want easily

12. PrincessAurora13

0   0   0

Esmeralda has sold out online.

akarih likes this.
  13. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

Just an observation... I was in a Disney store yesterday to gain a frozen key (so Sunday). The store still had 7 Esmeralda's on the counter behind the registers.

Anecdotal evidence... To be sure.

14. Rapunz

Rapunz Member

0   0   0

As of this moment Esmeralda is in stock. Put her in my cart and it's taking me all the way to check-out (though I'm not getting, just observing her release). She was also in stock last night around 7:00PM EST (again, could put her in my cart), but later it showed sold out. I think Disney releasing addition ones held back. She'll be on the site longer and anyone missing out will rush with joy to grab her if they find her after the fact. Esmeralda is unique and great for collectors....but there is no way she would sell out fast like the classic girls. Just my opinion. Oh, and 17" Elena LE doll price dropped to $49 bucks and you can get free ship today! That seems like a deal -

15. PrincessAurora13

0   0   0

My Esmerelda arrived today (in the pouring rain -_-), and she is PERFECT. I'll post pics when I'm able to take them in beautiful weather.

LMB925 and Meritre like this.
  16. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

Rapunz likes this.
  17. Rapunz

Rapunz Member

0   0   0

I think I like Belle the best out of the masquerades - Meg has a really good face and dress too. I've seen photos though where Belle's big yellow rose looks lower on the dress, which makes it look heavy or off-putt. In the stock photos though it looks more like it's resting on her hip (which looks better). Wish I knew exactly how that dress looked. I'm up in the air on this one due to space. I was looking forward to Rapunzel, but am disappointed in her big eye blank stare. She looks to be in a trance. I know they make her that way because she is big eye'd in the movie and young and innocent - but 2011 doll isn't like that which remains my favorite of her. Decisions on Bell! Ugh.

LMB925 likes this.
  18. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0

How is Belle still available? Just ordered her! Hopefully Meg is this easy.

Oh and somehow Esmeralda is available?!? Not sure what’s going on but I like it.

19. Rapunz

Rapunz Member

0   0   0

I think it's because Belle was a part of last year's premier release. That and resellers are finding the market is saturated with dolls and they can't sell them as fast or for as big of a profit in the past.

20. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

I passed on Belle. I only got 2 of the 3 D23 exclusives so far...

21. Dreamer

Dreamer New Member

0   0   0

Just joined...

22. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

YouTube has some videos up already and it looks like the rose is high on the hip. She's listed as sold out, but Esmeralda went in and out of stock, so I'm thinking she'll be back. I think they're releasing in batches if all follow that trend.
    I, too, was a bit put off by Rapunzel's expression. I think they could do better and they certainly play around with the expressions on the other princesses. I'm thinking she'll be a pass for me. Disney is taking over my house. I thinks she's very pretty, and the movie was good, but I have no emotional attachment, so she's lower on my favorites list.

Rapunz likes this.
  23. disneykellyb

disneykellyb New Member

0   0   0

usually what time will they be released in Europe?

24. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

Posting cuz one of these is the 12"

[​IMG]

25. lapetitesirene

lapetitesirene Member

0   0   0

This new way of releasing has me so confused! So the online and in-store release is at the same time now, right? (At least for those of us on the east coast... we always get the short end of the stick lol). I'm debating atm whether or not I'll go to my store or try online. So far, Belle WILL NOT show up for me on the website. Even when/if she is still available. The links take me to halloween costumes! And she isn't showing up at all under the masquerade section, whereas Esmeralda is (albeit only randomly...).

Idk. I appreciate that they're staggering the dolls' availability, if they are indeed, but rn I'm thinking the store is the best bet... I'm only going for Cinderella this time around. I have to save the rest of my coins in case a 17" Tiana is released!!