• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney store uk does it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney store uk does it again!

SyriusLionwing

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Got an email this morning saying my order has been halved but I will get the belle and beast book for free because of the glitch! I'm actually not that mad at least I get one plus a freebie and 20 % off.

Yeah, I got that email. I'm not angry about it, but I do constantly wonder why I still bother with UK pins since 19/20 they don't fit with my collection. The only reason I can come up with is trading, and even then, the majority of my UK pins are traded at UK meets. As long as I get one, my opinion is officially "Meh." since at least Disney are apologising, and attempting to make it up to us.

Yeh, got the same email. Glad I got one for my collection, but its making it impossible to trade! Unfortunately I dont live anywhere near any pin meets, so I do rely on these new releases to generate trades.

so if this happened and are replacing the 2nd pin with the Belle pin released in two weeks, leaves the question how many of those willbe online and since they short on belle pins already will stores get any in at all

so far I have not had the e-mail so figures crossed i will get my 2, but to be honest i wont be that bothered if they do tell me i could only have 1 if they were to give me a free belle as Id want that one more!!!! lol
I thought the reson for moving the release time and doing the mainteanse was to stop this form happening! But oh well, guss we just have to hope they fix the problem one day!!

Another load of crap from the DSUK On-line service!! Once again, really glad I do not bother - anyone thought of collating all the messages from this forum & sending them to customer services for this release & all the previous mess??

i dont think that would any better than if we all agreed to send the same email at the same complaining about this mess.

This release already shows how crazy next one wil be since half of the stock is being given away *free* which will no doubt cause alot of complaints next release since they wont have enough to sell. I can see stores not getting any in stock due to this charade.

I'm sorry but I honestly think, that despite it being a mess up, that disney UK is at least trying to make up for its mistakes. Unlike disney US that doesn't do anything for its customers. Yeah I don't have a lady and the tramp to trade but I am getting the one for my collection and a brand new FREE pin that I can trade ^__^!

It's almost laughable now how many mistakes Disney has made (for years!) on both coasts when it comes to online ordering. From overfilling orders (and later canceling them), to using ridiculously large boxes to ship a pin, I just don't understand how they can be o.k. with their current ordering practices, shipping methods, etc. and not try to change them. Surely we aren't the only ones complaining.

It is interesting that DS UK is giving customers free pins for their mess-ups. When an order would get overfilled on the US site, we would just get the "I'm sorry" email and that was the end of it.

On one hand, many of you will be getting a really nice free pin...but others that were specifically waiting for that release will now have a harder chance of obtaining one.

Hi,
I had to laugh when I got the email this morning :)
It will be funny to see if we get any more when we order , do you think everyone will be limited to buying one???
I was laughing at the fact they said they have "no mystery pins left" They will be buying a bulk load from scambay next lmao
Altho I am very happy to be getting a belle pin thats very very nice!!! :)

Given the craziness of these UK disneystore release issues, I'm grateful I have gotten all the ones I wanted from awesome members on this forum :)

I will be looking to trade for or buy beauty and the beast book, so PM me if you want to arrange something! I would actually trade/buy 2, one for me and one for another pin friend.

This shows a huge difference between the type of people on each side of the Atlantic. We in the States would be cursing, demanding more then what they offered, and honestly I couldn't imagine what else we would do. And it seems like all you are "ok" with it, laughing it off, and generally in good nature with it. I really have to trade with you folk more.

This is so sad to hear, this isn't the first time! I'm wondering if I can ever get the Belle pin and if I should try to get it because I don't think we'll get a proper chance now :(
Anyone willing to trade/sell their Belle pin? You would really make me happy :)

If im being honest they should NOT offer the free pin as like I said it removes pins from the initial amount ds.co.uk have for the release and with more allocated to online than the stores then I can see the stores having none to sell to those that go to stores for releases. I know it is LE500 but still. How many people will get the free one and keep it for themselves and STILL order more which would leave less for the people who's order didnt get halved..

Im not complaining Im jsut being reaistic in terms of how many people are not so annoyed cause they got the free pin but come next release how many people will be angry at disney yet again cause they missed out on a pin which to be honest they should not have done since there is 150 more Belle pins than previous releases.

They are trying to hard to please everyone at the same time, should have left it at the 20% off as its better than nothing.

just my 2p

I too am really annoyed about this! It does limit the stock for the next release and they should have taken stock from old pins. It is not on to advertise a release and then effectively replete some stock before it even goes on general release. I know they are probably thinking it is because they have 500 pins, but how many people are in this position? How many are being given away.

To top it all, I had a nightmare ordering the LATT pin. I ordered a few other things too and had them ready in my basket, went to put pins in and instead of reducing my postage by half it added the discount on! So I ended up paying over £7 postage when it should have been £2.49 or whatever it is!! To say I was annoyed as an understatement. What made matters worse was that I emailed straight away to tell them of the error and I never even received an apology!! All I got was the money will be refunded in 2-3 working days! Sorry..... simply not good enough.

Needless to say I've sent them a very strongly worded email tonight (oh and they ignored one of my last emails after the last pin fiasco which made me even more annoyed). I am fuming that I did not get an apology about the over billing and now read this about the Belle pins and it makes me very mad!!

Sorry to those that have had their orders cut (it may well happen to me yet!), and great news for getting the next release for free but it is very unfair to those waiting for that release. No ones fault but Disney though!

They couldn't organise a P** up in a brewery - shocking CS!!! Shame on Disney! Next release is going to be a nightmare all over again!! Urgh!

This shows a huge difference between the type of people on each side of the Atlantic. We in the States would be cursing, demanding more then what they offered, and honestly I couldn't imagine what else we would do. And it seems like all you are "ok" with it, laughing it off, and generally in good nature with it. I really have to trade with you folk more.

You still after Pin 88268: Disney Store Europe - Maleficent and Diablo? :)

:rolleyes: The complaining occurs mainly on FaceBook. After the last pin release before the Lady/Tramp pin (Muppets, Squirrels, Tiana) people were even complaining that their FREE pins, that they recieved as an apology for Disney not being able to fill their full order, was not as good as other people's free pins.

Disney has made yet another mistake, but once again they're providing a compromise rather than just cancelling people's orders. It makes me laugh how quickly people have forgotten what happened with the Gondola pin. Full orders were cancelled and there was no compensation for it. At least with the release before last, orders were only halved, and people were given free pins as compensation. Then with the last release (Lady/Tramp), once again orders are just being halved and a free pin is being given.

People need to be a bit more grateful I think. It's not like Disney HAS to give away something for free. They could just say sorry and leave it at that. Instead though, they're making an effort to give more than just a sorry. Sure, the problems shouldn't even be happening in the first place. If they're gonna happen though, I for one am more than happy to accept a free pin and a 20% off code as an apology. I actually regret having not placed a Lady and the Tramp order now, as a free Beauty and the Beast pin would've been epic.

:rolleyes: The complaining occurs mainly on FaceBook. After the last pin release before the Lady/Tramp pin (Muppets, Squirrels, Tiana) people were even complaining that their FREE pins, that they recieved as an apology for Disney not being able to fill their full order, was not as good as other people's free pins.

Disney has made yet another mistake, but once again they're providing a compromise rather than just cancelling people's orders. It makes me laugh how quickly people have forgotten what happened with the Gondola pin. Full orders were cancelled and there was no compensation for it. At least with the release before last, orders were only halved, and people were given free pins as compensation. Then with the last release (Lady/Tramp), once again orders are just being halved and a free pin is being given.

People need to be a bit more grateful I think. It's not like Disney HAS to give away something for free. They could just say sorry and leave it at that. Instead though, they're making an effort to give more than just a sorry. Sure, the problems shouldn't even be happening in the first place. If they're gonna happen though, I for one am more than happy to accept a free pin and a 20% off code as an apology. I actually regret having not placed a Lady and the Tramp order now, as a free Beauty and the Beast pin would've been epic.

+ 1

The point is (and I still do not have an email to say my order is being halved so I have no gripe here of getting a pin/or not?), that they are messing up because they are offering a pin that hasn't been released yet, so are reducing the number of a pin which is going to be highly sought after - more than LATT. They should not be offering pins that are not on general sale, or haven't been released yet. It is unfair to those who want to try and get the BATB pin when released and who may/or may not have bought LATT. Yes there are 500 pins to be released, but how many of those have been eaten into with this mess up again? It is a recipe for disaster in 2 weeks time - what are they going to do then when they mess up again - give out the next pre release pin? Where does it end?

They need to get a grip and get it right first off - surely in this day and age of technology they can do something which means when a pin reaches it's limit of stock no more orders are put through??

If they could stop their staff taking so many and selling them on ebay even before release, that would help too!!

really if you think about it if 150 people ordered 2 the L n T pin that means that the bnb pin will be down to ltd 300 which is just the same as the lnt pin, so people that didn't buy an lnt pin will still have a 300 pin chance of getting one. and it will prolly mean that up to half of the people who will be getting a bnb pin will not be trying to get one online NEXT time. Personally I wont be trying for the BNB pin as I am getting a free one. so I am - 1 and I bet a lot of other people are - 1 too.

I am SO pleased the way that disney UK is handling this muck up. At least I am getting one for my collection which is what I wanted.

Was it 150 a limit of for LATT, thought it was 350? So, if 350 people have their orders halved on LATT and receive a free BATB then that's 350 down on the new pin stock? Also, as you say, some then won't order if they get a free one, but I bet the majority of people will still try and order their 2 as they will use them for traders/get them for overseas friends.... I'm still not sure what is happening with my 2 LATT pins I ordered - not heard a thing, even to my email last night, so it might be some of the 350 people who ordered (or however many it was online, will still get their 2). I am still fuming about being overcharged and not receiving an apology!

PS - My maths isn't the best so I could be wrong on the figures ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back