Disneyland reopening... sort of

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Pinfun, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Pinfun

Pinfun Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Just read a news article that said Disneyland will be a mass vaccination site. Good use of the happiest place on Earth.

2. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Disneyland Resort in Anaheim to house COVID-19 vaccination ‘super’ site | KTLA

My guess is they will be using the parking lots, especially Toy Story Lot, and the parking structures, since they can allow for long lines of cars to gather. They're planning to do similar with Dodger Stadium, and that has also been a huge drive up testing location for the last few months.
    Orange County says it's goal is to have all residents vaccinated by July 4th. I also imagine Disney is offering to help play their part since widespread vaccinations will likely mean they can open their park faster!

CCofRR13, MerlinEmrys and starry_solo like this.
  3. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    402   0   0

Yes it is the Toy Story parking lot, and that's where I normally park. Who knew when I parked there for the last time on March 12 that my next parking would be to get a pandemic vaccine LOL. I am scheduled for tomorrow at 915am! PLEASE send lots of pixie dust!:tigger:

4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

I observed a drive through, parking lot vaccination here in New Mexico. I estimate here in NM they were efficiently moving ~150 people/hour through (including a 15 minute observation period.) Applying this same process to the DLR parking structure will be amazing for getting the vaccine into arms. This is great news for Orange county/Anaheim.

starry_solo and coblj003 like this.
  5. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    402   0   0

I got the vax and it was very, very well organized. My card with proof even says Disneyland on it :D:D:D

6. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I'm not surprised to hear (read) that anything taking place on a Disney property would be extremely well organized. I've heard from several sources I would consider reliable that Disney set the industry standard for how to efficiently organize and move large quantities of people.

Congratulations on your vaccine!