Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by JumpInTheDPin, Mar 12, 2020.
It is anticipated that an announcement on the plan (for WDW) will be released next week.
WDW re-opening in phases. July 11 for 2 parks. July 15 for the other 2 parks. No news about water parks.
Now for Disneyland, Governor Newsom says they will re-open in Phase 3. All counties in the state are in Phase 2, with many on the accelerated portion (latter portion) of Phase 2.
Thanks for info.
Random Wonder: I wonder if WDW or DLR will hold a fireworks show for July 4th and televise it.
Plans Unveiled for the Phased Reopening of Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks, Resort Hotels and Disney Stores
Here is the link to the announcement!
They will probably televise one of their older ones....why spend any extra $$
Disneyland not reopening on July 17th after all
I just saw the thread's title when I got the notif from Starry's post.... these two weeks of closing sure are taking a while
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I saw that. While I'm sure that news of another delay is the last thing anyone wants for so many reasons, I'd rather they wait and reopen as safely as possible, especially with the recent increase in number of cases. I think it's important that both guests and cast members feel safe and comfortable being there - and if that means a later reopening date, so be it.
On a similar, but related, issue: I've heard that while WDW is still scheduled for its tiered reopen starting with Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom on the 11th July, there is a petition for them to also delay it due to the increases in COVID cases. Somehow, unless things get outrageously bad, I think they'll maintain their planned reopening schedule ... although, to be fair, I never thought they would close down the parks like this in the first place, so who knows what they'll do anymore?
I was surprised DLR was pushing for the 17th, but understood the prime date relationship. Interesting to see how long the delay will be, but I'm hoping for September or later, mainly I dont think it's safe yet, and would prefer my AP kick in when i can use it or my choice of restart date?
Wondering how/if Disney will compensate for limited use of AP, any thoughts?
These thoughts have also crossed my mind. If the park had opened on 17Jul and my pass had started back up, I was likely going to cancel for the rest of the period since we would probably not be able to get much (or any) value out of it. My husband is not comfortable at all going to crowded places right now (I am on the fence... mostly because I really want to go to Disneyland or anywhere really.)
I like the idea of the choice of a restart date. If anything, I think I would pick a restart date for when reservations would no longer be required to use your pass... (basically when DLR is fully open and not restricted by COVID19.)
Thanks Anne, glad to hear
I'm like you, and can't wait to get into the parks, just to get out. But Mom on the other hand isn't a good idea, been trying to configure how I can do a Pope mobile for her wheelchair but regardless still not wanting to take a chance.
As you mention the reservation thing is another problem, read people were in hold for hours just for WDW opening and AP can only book 3 days at a time. But can't book more till they're used, sort of like fastpasses?(fasrpasses were 2 at a time, but similar theory) I'm guessing DCA shouldn't be a problem, since most prefer DLR, I still need to use up my Food/Wine vouchers anyway
Definitely wish DLR would post an update for AP, since whenever I've called after being on hold for hours to be told they don't know and any updates will be posted, isn't helping since there aren't any
Disney didn't make the decision to delay the opening-- the California government refused to give them the access they needed, so that's why DLR was delayed and WDW wasn't. I don't think it had anything to do with the petition started so I'm not sure if WDW's petition will do any good. I personally agree that its ridiculous to be opening so soon, but I find it even more ridiculous that we as a country can't just suck it up and flatten the curve. The shutdown had such loose restrictions that it didn't do much and 70% of people I saw in public weren't wearing their masks properly. Can we not follow directions for one month? ): C'mon America.
I completely agree with you about DLR's proposed reopening date. I understood exactly why they wanted the 17th, but I also thought it was ... shall we say? ... ambitious. We'll see how long the delay is, but I do agree that it isn't safe and I would prefer my AP restarts when I can use it. I have the Premier Pass and it has been restarted to coincide with WDW's reopening of 11 July (based upon my new expiration date), regardless of the virtual impossibility of me using it there. I would guess that DLR APs will restart with the park's reopening, regardless of ability to actually use them.
It would be nice if pass holders could choose the restart date for their passes, but from a practical point, that would be a logistical nightmare for Disney. It's probably just easier for them to automatically reactivate all the passes for the parks at once when they reopen. Things are crazy enough ... I tried to call WDW a few days ago and, for the first time ever, was unable to get through on any line. Seriously. I alternatively received both busy signals and a recording informing me that all circuits were busy and asking me to call back at a later time.
I have to agree with you on all points. I'm fairly certain the petition won't do much good, but I think it's not only ridiculous but irresponsible to be opening up not only so soon, but when things are worse then when the park closed in the first place. I think I remember hearing that if just 80% of the country wore a mask in public (is that really so hard?), the infection rate would drop in a month.
Ugh that's really tough your AP starts 7/11 with WDW opening.
I guess what I was thinking was since they know when it starts they would initiate the AP when its 1st used, at the entrance ticket booths? But that's probably too much to handle, especially since they might not be selling tix, booths might not be open
I too got busy lines couple times, but initially I was on wait for the 1st call to put AP on hold. Main problem seems to be a reduced crew working from home? In the early days when I called it felt like they were working off their computers at home, which weren't as fast as at corporate. It seemed Disney wasn't setup for emergency situations? Hopefully corporate will have time to figure this out.
No, I think your idea about restarting an AP with the date of first use is absolutely perfect. Since the AP is being reactivated, it already would be in the individual's possession, so there should be no need to purchase a new ticket/pass ... so the ticket booth wouldn't be necessary. I would think guest relations should be able to reactivate an AP prior to its being used; the only thing a guest would need to provide would be the pass itself and a photo identification.
I agree that Disney wasn't ... and isn't ... set up for emergency situations. Or, at least, not this one. I really think they're making this up as they go along; I don't think they have any better idea of what they're doing than we do - and it shows. Let's hope they figure out a playbook sooner rather than later.
Well our two weeks is now 6 months
Separate names with a comma.