• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disneystore no longer producing pins!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneystore no longer producing pins!!!!

bretu

Bret and Kelli
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We were informed by someone in merchandising that Disneystore.com called to inform their department that they will no longer be producing disney pins. Sorry for the bad news!!!

Anyone who does not live near the parks/dsf is just screwed when it comes to good low le pins! I mean, we figured this was happening anyways after no new releases in so long but wow, what a way to turn away good money, Disney! STUPID!! DS was my main pin outlet for years! I hate that they just don't care!

:rant: Are you SERIOUS? The only guaranteed way I've been getting certain authentic pins is through that bloody site! Why would Disney do this? Ugh, does this mean there really won't be a 10th year anniversary pin for Treasure Planet? So freaking angry right now. :mad:

Wow, living in NY and hating the fact that you can't trust many on the 'bay, this is really making me consider selling my collection. What a terrible blow to pin fans.

They might still *sell* Park pins through the site...the OP only said they will no longer be producing pins of their own to release.

End of an era- how sad. I rather dislike most park pins, so I have to wonder how much longer I'll be in this hobby. Still have to collect some older pins, so at least another year or so, but...after that, who knows?

This is terrible news!!!! I really liked the pins that came out of Disney Shopping. I wonder why they would decide to stop releasing something that made them soooo much money . . . . .

I'm guessing that they weren't making all that much profit from pins they designed, in comparison to things like toys and other items for little kids. They're a corporation, the point is to make a profit, they're going to keep manufacturing what makes them money, period.

End of an era for sure, as Abyssinian28 says. Personally, compared to designs they used to create/release (going back to Catalog, Auctions, etc.), I don't think all that much special in the way of designs has come out from them for quite some time. It really is too bad for the people who don't live near any parks or know anyone who can get them pins from the parks. At least for now Disney still selling pins (if only park pins) online, that's something, and some of them are nice/LE (such as what they save of the POMH pins to sell online).

:(

Oh no :( disney shopping do lovely pins! and they are always super low editions so getting them make them a fun challenge!

I guess this will make them even higher value now..

Wow...that's a shame.

I remember the page holders on the DS website were available for the yearly "Tink Dressed as Characters" pins, and everyone was talking about them and couldn't wait for the pictures...and then they kind of stopped with their normal weekly releases (usually a 6-pin set and some LE 250 pins) and started doing the 110th Legacy series, and then it really stopped.

We somewhat knew this was coming, but it's still sad. The Parks have been coming out with some decent pins (POMH, Reveal Conceals), and if the D23 Expos keep coming out with cool pins it's better than nothing, but this will definitely hurt the traders that don't live near a park...at least with the online releases everyone had a fair shot, and the lower edition sizes helped make them better trading material...but what can ya do.

I hope at least they *occasionally* release pins, such as these recent sets...

This is sad news. Up until this year, you could always count on some unique pins and low editions from Disney shopping. That's unfortunate.

This makes me SO angry! So basically there telling us that the only way to get low LE pins is basically at Dsf? And how long would it be till they get rid of those! Would they rather us have to buy any new pins off of eBay or something? Cause that is the way anyone who doesn't live within a hour of the parks or soda fountain will get these pins!

Any chance that they are going to add another mechanism for distribution? I thought they were releasing some vinyls through a separate Facebook channel. Do you think they may be looking at something altogether different? Can't believe this is a wise decision, if not.

Not too shocking since it has been so long, but it is depressing to say the least!

I got started by seeing all these awesome pins on the Disney Store. I'd wait until 3am each Sunday night, and it was totally worth it. ='(

Wow, so this means if you don't live in California near the DSF and WDI you won't be getting any low LE pins. That really stinks for those of us who live in the East and don't travel to CA. Guess everything but Alice may be selling soon than I planned.

I think we saw this coming about two years ago when release after release was just a terrible design. I forget who said it (or how exactly it was said) but something to the effect of "watch them make terribly designed pins, which won't sell out, and then Disney can use it as an excuse to stop selling pins." They stopped making decently designed pins, they weren't selling, Disney is stopping. Shocker. There has definitely been a fan base to keep DS.com releases popular, but Disney brought it on themselves by using terrible quality, terrible artwork, and repeated artwork. Guess they were looking for a way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back