• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyWorld Pin Trading Locations and traveling with pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyWorld Pin Trading Locations and traveling with pins

KCKRISTINE

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Hi everyone! We're traveling to Disneyworld next month and I was wondering where people trade at Disneyworld or Downtown Disney. Just wondering if it's even worth it to bring our pins as I don't want to have to worry about more stuff in our luggage!

Do you check pins with your luggage? Put it in your carry on bag? Is it allowed to be brought into the plane?

Thank you!

Hello There are 2 tables for trading at Epcot pin Central There are also private groups that set up meets near WDW in November they are : Sunday the 8th at the B Resort DTD https://www.facebook.com/DisneyPinsBlog Fri the 13-Sun 15th weekend long trade event at the Holiday Inn across from old town on 192 https://www.facebook.com/Central-Florida-Disney-Pin-Chasers-433263703364412/timeline/ Sat 21st Booster packs & Beyond at the West Gate Market 192 https://www.facebook.com/MousePinTrading I hope that helps you Janet

Last edited:
I'll be traveling there in six months, so I'm curious as to park trading, too. (I know I have a ways until my trip, but I'm getting excited!)

As for traveling with pins, I've seen lots of warnings against putting them in checked luggage. If you do bring pins, bring them in your carry-on (and have them packed in a way where you can easily open them to show security). There shouldn't be any issues with bringing them with you onto the plane.

Hello There are 2 tables for trading at Epcot pin Central There are also private groups that set up meets near WDW in November they are : Sunday the 8th at the B Resort DTD https://www.facebook.com/DisneyPinsBlog Fri the 13-Sun 15th weekend long trade event at the Holiday Inn across from old town on 192 https://www.facebook.com/Central-Florida-Disney-Pin-Chasers-433263703364412/timeline/ Sat 21st Booster packs & Beyond at the West Gate Market 192 https://www.facebook.com/MousePinTrading I hope that helps you Janet

Oh wow! that's actually the same week we'll be there!!!!!! We'll be in November 7-November 14. thanks so much for the info!

So many options! My favorite is the pin shop in Downtown Disney, they have a massive board (mostly hidden mickeys) but it's hard to catch it open since they don't have set times. I've found it open usually in the evening anywhere from 5-7pm. Also most resorts will have a board or book at either the front desk, gift shop or concierge, you just have to ask.

I think most of the parks have something at either guest relations or stroller rental areas. In Hollywood Studios I found a board at Oscars and a book at the guest relation place that says Curios & Antiques at the front of the park. There was also a great board at Epcot in the Mouse Gears store, and in MK in the Frontierland pin store. Oh! also a 'pin drum' in the Aerosmith ride photo area, that was cool!

For most of them you'll have to ask for a cast member to bring them out. If you want to trade with other guests, then definitely check out the tables at Epcot that Carmello1123 mentioned.

Side note on travelling- I kept a few spare traders in the hand luggage because the cast members at the shops in the airport have pins to trade, otherwise I checked in everything else but I didn't bring that many to begin with. Hope this helps!

Congratulations on your trip! I loved WDW during the Christmas season. So beautiful.:)

I just wanted to add a comment about taking pins on planes. We recently traveled to Disneyland and we took most of our pins with us. My girls wore their lanyards on the plane and I carried our small zippered Pin Trading bag in my carry-on. We did have to unpack them at security, but we were able to pass without any questions or issues. I was concerned about all the metal, plus the pointy ends, however security at the PARK was more interested in our pins than security at the airport.

Do NOT check your pins. Plenty of stories about people arriving and some/all of their pins missing.
I carry mine on in my backpack. The most the TSA has done was page through, no big deal. The TSA guy actually liked looking at them.
When you're going home the Orlando airport will probably give you no trouble - they're very used to seeing them.

Pin trading - I've traded with some people at/around the pin store in Downtown Disney. Never carried my big book around there, just a lanyard and my tiny book.
Epcot has a few tables, as a few people have said. I've met some very, very nice traders there... along with some very, very nasty ones.

When I went I had some pins in each (carry-on and hold) . Both sets weren't an issue , my bag was opened and inspected on the way home but not on departure . I put all my standard lanyard fodder in a clear zip locked bag so the security could remove and check them easily . The better pins went in a small pin bag which I left unzipped to speed things up .

I've always checked my pins, never had any issues. I suppose I could have kept them in carry-on too. Then again, I usually only take a lanyard or two. I did check a tupperware bin and a binder of pins when I went to the Imagination Gala though. As far as I know, my bags were never opened.

Hi everyone! We're traveling to Disneyworld next month and I was wondering where people trade at Disneyworld or Downtown Disney. Just wondering if it's even worth it to bring our pins as I don't want to have to worry about more stuff in our luggage!

It's still an ongoing project, but if you have an iPhone, try downloading my free app called 'Pinja' in the Apple app store. It shows a fair amount of cast member trading places in Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. I also have a few Epcot locations listed. I'm still working on getting other WDW locations, but since I'm in California it requires getting some help from frequent WDW visitors.

Also for those interested, I'm currently working on the Android version.

It's still an ongoing project, but if you have an iPhone, try downloading my free app called 'Pinja' in the Apple app store. It shows a fair amount of cast member trading places in Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. I also have a few Epcot locations listed. I'm still working on getting other WDW locations, but since I'm in California it requires getting some help from frequent WDW visitors.

Also for those interested, I'm currently working on the Android version.
That is awesome!!! I'm so going to need that when next I visit the parks. Hoping to get the android version ^^

I've traded a few times at the tables in Epcot. People start showing up at around 4pm. I've met some really nice people. And I once traded with people who were waiting at the pin boards at some of the resorts (in my case the Grand Floridian).

A few years ago, I used to see a lot of people at the tables at downtown disney at the Pin Trading place.. but I haven't seen any this summer! Unless I went at the wrong times but I once managed to get to see the pin board at the Pin trading hut.. it was GLORIOUS!

I've had some good interactions at the Disney Pin trading place at downtown Disney (Now called Disney Springs.) You have to hit it just right, though. On a day traders are there.

I should note that over the years I've also bumped into some traders who bend the rules a bit. Disney has cracked down on this sort of trading though, and I haven't seen it in a couple of visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back