• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR 2025 "Niftie Fifties Flashback" Event

DLR 2025 "Niftie Fifties Flashback" Event

figment919

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
Can someone explain this in a bit more detail. I wasn't at the Disney after Dark event so I just know the title of the event. Is this a throwback to the 1950's or other? I think I am missing something, thanks.

I wasn’t there, but based on the artwork… Both WDW and DLR are celebrating 25 Years of Pin Trading with an Event.

WDW’s event seems it is typical of previous anniversary events. Recall the type of pins for the 20th. DLR seems more inspired by their own history, and it’s the 70th next year, as a way to differentiate themselves from the WDW event. DLR tends to go retro style to celebrate their anniversaries, if you look at merchandise from the 50th, 55th, 65th anniversaries.

I'm sure I'll get hit with Alice and Mad Tea Party attraction pins plus those ticket book pins for this one!

Hoping I'm a little safer for the WDW one than this year!

Reactions: Ajk
Correct. And I'll just add that they said they mentioned the focus of the CA event will be on the park's history. So I expect a lot of attractions pins.
I don’t know how I feel about that LOL. The villain event just seemed so cool. I guess I’ll wait until they show the stuff.

By the themes, there is probably more of a chance of the WDW event having more that I'll need than the DLR one, but there will probably be opportunities to do RSP swaps between the two events here on the forum.

I am excited for a chance to go to a big parks trading event again!

Since the 20th anniversary event was put on line due to COVID, I wonder if they're going to recycle any of the ideas they had for in-person activities (think like interactive exhibits/games/elements) for the 25th. That being said, the art for the WDW event features the art from previous pin events, so will it be a pin event themed about a pin event?

The CA event doesn't excite me as it's likely going to be filled with all the same people who won't trade with me here already because they only want high-end pins they can re-sell. :p

Would have much rather gone to WDW this year to trade with different people who actually are interested in, you know, trading. But wasn't in the cards/budget. :(

I'm REALLY hoping the DL event is during a time I can take off. It's a lot easier for me to travel to CA than FL and I would absolutely love to attend an actual Disney pin trading event one year. I have a sneaky suspicion that the DL event could be during or very close to the park's anniversary in July OR maybe in December with Walt's birthday? Also thinking that the DL event would be focused on that parks history so perhaps maybe a lot of opening day attractions and characters OR could focus on the DL only events that have come and gone!!

The CA event doesn't excite me as it's likely going to be filled with all the same people who won't trade with me here already because they only want high-end pins they can re-sell. :p

Would have much rather gone to WDW this year to trade with different people who actually are interested in, you know, trading. But wasn't in the cards/budget. :(

Yeah, the only thing that excites me about the DLR event is the lack of traveling (flight, hotels, etc.) and the boards. I don't end up trading at the events cuz I don't have access to the DEC, WDI crazy pins at reasonable prices!

momin.ator, I will not be heading out to DLR for the pin event. Age and health are catching up to me and I am sticking close to our home area in Florida. While I am glad that there is going to be an additional pin event out West, I have a mixed opinion about this. As I have posted many times in the past we East Coast collectors really do not have the opportunities for great pins like what is available out West. We had the annual Pin Event but now that is not going to be unique to us.
In the long run I am happy for the expanded pin event and hope all enjoy it!!

momin.ator, I will not be heading out to DLR for the pin event. Age and health are catching up to me and I am sticking close to our home area in Florida. While I am glad that there is going to be an additional pin event out West, I have a mixed opinion about this. As I have posted many times in the past we East Coast collectors really do not have the opportunities for great pins like what is available out West. We had the annual Pin Event but now that is not going to be unique to us.
In the long run I am happy for the expanded pin event and hope all enjoy it!!

I think the WDW events are still unique.
Disneyland doesn't have them annually, like they do at WDW.

They had the Dateline 1955 event in 2010
The 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room in 2013
And I think one more that I recall happening at DLH, but then maybe that was a DSSH event occurring at DLH (that wasn't the Friendsgiving one)

So, it happens intermittently.

I’ve never been to DLR and now live in a major city with very cheap flights to CA so it may be as easy to get to DLR as it would be to get to Orlando. I wonder if the composition of the boards would be different between the two places, like if they’d have more LE in CA just due to the nature of DSSH and MOG being there. If it’s a one day event I could totally see pulling a marathon to fly in and out real quick.

I’ve never been to DLR and now live in a major city with very cheap flights to CA so it may be as easy to get to DLR as it would be to get to Orlando. I wonder if the composition of the boards would be different between the two places, like if they’d have more LE in CA just due to the nature of DSSH and MOG being there. If it’s a one day event I could totally see pulling a marathon to fly in and out real quick.
Oh crud, I hadn’t considered DSSH and MOG being at the event? Man, if this happens I really REALLY want to go!

Well, the last event I went to (anniversary of Enchanted Tiki Room), they didn't have any DSSH or MOG pins on the boards. They had park pins and prior event pins from WDW. I pulled this pin from the Parti Gras event:

I know someone from DPF (he's in the entertainment industry now and isn't active anymore) that pulled this pin from the same set:

I heard someone else pulled this pin from the same set:

I also heard that the birds were also on the board

Well, the last event I went to (anniversary of Enchanted Tiki Room), they didn't have any DSSH or MOG pins on the boards. They had park pins and prior event pins from WDW. I pulled this pin from the Parti Gras event:

I know someone from DPF (he's in the entertainment industry now and isn't active anymore) that pulled this pin from the same set:

I heard someone else pulled this pin from the same set:

I also heard that the birds were also on the board

Birds? Sign me up

The CA event doesn't excite me as it's likely going to be filled with all the same people who won't trade with me here already because they only want high-end pins they can re-sell.
:(
This ^^

Traders who just want to trade exist, but it seems like the current slate of trading events put casual traders in front of the high end resellers. Which deserves a place in this hobby as much as anyone, but the resellers dominate so much. It chases some people away from trading and makes others become 'buy only' collectors.

Back