• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR & Pin newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR & Pin newbie!

Aurianna

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I haven't actually started pin trading yet; I don't go to Disney Land until April (and I've never been there before!). I didn't even know it was a thing until, funny enough, I was researching LegoLand and they kept mentioning figure trading and how it was akin to pin trading at Disney.
After looking into it I want pins! I've just ordered some slightly less expensive ones (disney store sale and sealed mystery packs from ebay) to get ready.
Though, after reading more I'm worried that every pin I see in the park will be fake. So I'm trying to tell myself if I see pins I really like it doesn't really matter. But I still have an air of unease going into things. We shall see.

Even still, it's fun to look up the kitty and princess pins that I'd like and all the Sleeping Beauty ones my daughter would.

Well bummer. So I also ordered a lot of 25. I ordered them knowing they were fake and do not plan to circulate. I wanted cheap princess pins for my daughter (don’t worry. There’s no way she’s trading those away), and so I could see fakes and get familiar with identifying them. And I think I have an idea now.

...but I also ordered a booster set of the cats on amazon from someone with good marks and another review saying how good and authentic they are. And they’ve arrived and I see the similar brushstrokes and enamel abnormalities I found in my scrapper lot! The pack was sealed but I imagine it isn’t hard to reseal.

My real ones haven’t come yet for comparison purposes. Maybe I’m just being overly critical?

Hello! I haven't actually started pin trading yet; I don't go to Disney Land until April (and I've never been there before!). I didn't even know it was a thing until, funny enough, I was researching LegoLand and they kept mentioning figure trading and how it was akin to pin trading at Disney.
After looking into it I want pins! I've just ordered some slightly less expensive ones (disney store sale and sealed mystery packs from ebay) to get ready.
Though, after reading more I'm worried that every pin I see in the park will be fake. So I'm trying to tell myself if I see pins I really like it doesn't really matter. But I still have an air of unease going into things. We shall see.

Even still, it's fun to look up the kitty and princess pins that I'd like and all the Sleeping Beauty ones my daughter would.
Good for you! I learned the hard way about needing plenty of traders at the park...still kick myself for not being prepared...lol

I'm totally with you about trying to identify fakes, but I can't say that I've gotten any better at it. Looks like you're doing great though, welcome aboard!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome!! Just to reassure you that I've gotten pins from ebay that are authentic so no worries!

Hello! When I first started collecting I didn’t even realize they made fake pins. So I just traded what I liked. After I realized about the fakes, I just kept them on my board because I still liked them. Happy hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back