• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! docfish2u to the rescue!

ZAPPED! docfish2u to the rescue!

LittleBird

Kimagination
Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Sir David just came through for me in a big way with this pin:

pin58173th200

Back story: My husband was born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama. The Alabama-Auburn rivalry is alive and well in his family, and he loves college football.

He has also been incredibly supportive of my new pin trading hobby. He loves that it makes me happy, and he enjoys the way I've been sharing it with our kids and our extended family. He is not really interested in collecting anything for himself, but there was one pin he saw that he said he "wouldn't mind having someday." Guess which one it was.

Enter the Grail Slayer. I noticed he was listed as having it for trade, so I contacted him to see if we could work something out. He agreed and said he would look for it. A few days pass and instead of getting another PM like I was expecting, I get a package in my mailbox! Not only did he find it, he zapped me with it within days of me asking. And not only that, he sent me the AP version!

When I showed my husband, he got a big smile on his face and said, "Hey! I got the Iron Bowl!" (That's what the game played between those teams is called.)

So thank you thank you thank you, Sir David! You made not one but two people very happy with this zap!

Docfish2u strikes again :) - Congrats.

I am familiar with these teams because my mother in-law is from Alabama. They're always talking about the rivalry.

It is a cool looking pin.

Way to go Sir Knight!! :)

Sneaky sneaky Mr. Grail slayer. Very nice.

So happy you could include him in your new hobby...aka love! Who knows...he may decide to collect sports pins!

Back