Docfish2u's final pin trading event 2019

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by docfish2u, Sep 30, 2018.

1. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    288   0   0

@caw caw rawr ’s daughter. She was so very excited to get it, too!

noone, cyke23 and SoraPandora like this.
  2. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

Good incentive to encourage your kids to wash dishes. :)

3. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

We're finally home and I have a keyboard to write this out.

Thank you to David and Amy! It was so fun to finally meet you - and bump into you later at Disneyland. You two are truly wonderful and generous people and I treasure our interactions and the pins you have gifted me over the years. Meeting you in person was the best gift!

Thank you to all of the amazing people who made the event fun. It was my first pin gathering ever and it was amazing! I met great people in person, made some great trades, traded for a grail (Charlotte cutie) and even got the one plush I was hoping to get at Disneyland this year! (Bambino was a prize in the raffle.) I put beautiful faces to the names of people I've grown to love over the years on the forum and found them to be even cooler in person. Who knew that was even possible?

Thank you to everyone who gifted me little trinkets. I felt so unprepared! I was given pins from my wants list, meaningful little trinkets that I cherish, Canadian maple candy (I lived in Toronto for a bit when I was younger and the candy was thoroughly enjoyed), delicious and beautifully decorated cookies, and even was zapped by ZZP! (I was zapped the Fred (BH6) PTD! Woohoo!) Seriously, I was overwhelmed by it all.

Thank you to everyone who went out of their way to make my children feel welcome and special. They are still talking about the pin party and the people there. Yes, my oldest daughter who is obsessed with all things Marvel ended up with the infinity gauntlet. She was over the moon! My other three children got great prizes as well. My oldest son wore the seven dwarfs backpack all week long at Disneyland. They were super spoiled. Not only did they win prizes but they were gifted prizes that people thought they would like - and they loved everything! They even made some trades with people! This is a big deal as they are used to trading off of cast lanyards where the CM has to accept their trade. They felt so accomplished when they got a pin they wanted. Not only that, people zapped them pins that they showed interest in. I am so humbled by the generosity of people toward my kids. I thought they would poop out and wouldn't stay long but they stayed the entire time and loved every second!

Thank you all for your friendship. My littlest is still talking about her new friend who loves the Lion Guard like she does and loved spending time with her "Pin Friend." Thank you to my friends who made me feel welcome and included. It was great getting to know all of you.

To those I didn't get a chance to talk with much, I am glad I got to meet you/wave at you/see you there, and hope to talk more in the future. I can be a little introverted and the excitement of the party brought it out a little. I am thankful for all of you too.

I didn't name names because I didn't want to miss anyone but thank you to everyone at the pin party. It was a night I'll always remember. :)

4. summerskin

summerskin I control the weather

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

It's finally time for my pin report...delayed...and I'm sorry for that.

It was my family's first DPF event. We got to pin meetups and such locally but this one is truly something special. The spirit and comaraderie shared with everyone there was truly a special experience. @docfish2u and his wife are truly amazing people who have built an amazing party to share with all our DPF friends. It was so nice to meet so many of you in person. Everyone is wonderful and my family had the best time. My baby Dumbo loved tottling around and my husband was so happy to get pie(he had chicken pot pie and the Kahlua dessert pie).

I just wanted to give a couple shout outs to some standout moments for me. @pincrazy you are literally my husband's favorite person he has met through pin trading and you are one of be the friendliest/nicest human being we've met. @pretty Omi The giveaway you arranged was such a fun experience and everyone was so generous with their donations. You did something really awesome with that. I'm not sure who Abe is on here but I have to say he is a hoot and so much fun. He gave me an amazing button that says I traded with Abe. I wore it everyday of our vacation we went to the parks or Downtown Disney. @TheMickeyMouseRules Thank you so much for the ride home and for sharing some awesome conversation. It was so great to meet you in person and get to know such a lovely human being. You are wonderful and must let me know anytime you come to the Bay Area.

It was amazing to meet and trade with so many of you in person. If I'm forgetting anyone, I am so sorry about that and please shoot me a message so I can connect the name to the face for the future. @SoraPandora @timeerkat @sockgnome @pincrazy @cyke23 @AshleyV @watzshakinbacon @AvatarAng1 @Blurkishgirl @TheMickeyMouseRules @CanaDaLE @docfish2u @caw caw rawr @Shelterkat @Connies_Hobby @Romancing_Train @tiffychann @Ksnuggles It was so nice to meet and trade with all of you I think. I made a lot of trades and it blurs together.

[​IMG]
    These were what I snagged from @docfish2u and his amazing sale. Almost all of these are pins for my collection, gifts for friends, and a few are being zapped to some little kids via a facebook group this weekend.

[​IMG]
    These were my trades from the event. Everyone was so sweet and easy to trade with. I am so excited to own the Lilo PTD and the Stitch with the Golden Gate Bridge(it was my biggest grail).

[​IMG]
    These were my prizes from @pretty Omi 's game. I handed off most of the princess pins to little ones in the park. Thanks for helping me spread some Disney magic.

[​IMG]
    These were my pretrades and arranged before the event. Shout to @timeerkat for the amazing Up pin pickup. It is my husband's favorite pin he owns.

[​IMG]
    These are HMs I'm collecting for a little one who will be getting a package full of HMs next week and managed to trade for a bunch at the party.

[​IMG]
    I got this amazing zap from @ZipZapPaddiwacks. I am so touched by the pin zapped to me. I'm collecting the women of the Fa family as they represent my por por, mom, and I as three generations of Chinese women and one of the first memories I have of my family dynamic being displayed on screen.

[​IMG]
    I got this amazing package along with a pre-trade from @SoraPandora. I love everything. You are just the sweetest.

I also got some beautiful cookies from @Blurkishgirl and a bag of ketchup potato chips from @CanaDaLE. I was so nice seeing you and your husband at the pin trading at the Grand Californian as well as @TheMickeyMouseRules. Thank you both for the HM zaps and trades as those events. <3

5. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Wow is this past due!
    Sorry guys, I kinda effectively crashed and died haha... I still had some social obligations after the pin event, and then I got sick! Now I am better and trying to come back on the forum again! Yay!
    So wow, this event was bonkers! Did any of you hear I ran a giveaway? I had well over 100 prizes to giveaway all day. I bundled lots of things together, and STILL had well over 100 prizes to give away!! This was all thanks to other generous members of this forum who sent me SO many wonderful things! All kinds of prizes, big and small! Notebooks, purses, pins, dolls, artwork! You name it, we probably had it! I regret not taking a photo of the table with everything on it, I'm glad some other folks did!
    I gave away tickets for people completing trades. One ticket per pin you traded. Some people got LOTS of tickets!!
    I really hope everyone enjoyed all the goodies and prizes, it was a lot of work, I did not get as much time to trade and socialize as I'd have liked, but it was 100% worth it, and if I'm able to, I will gladly run it all again for any future events!

[​IMG]
    So here's my entire haul! I got pulled in the raffle towards the end so I picked out the lovely gift basket @Connies_Hobby and @Shelterkat put together!
    @CanaDaLE brought me more of my coveted Kraft Dinner from the lands of Canada! The foxy zipper pouch and Robin Hood storybook are from @summerskin, and the pez, Marvel towl and Tod tsum are from @AshleyV
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here's a close up of all the wonderful pins I did get! I traded with @timeerkat, @summerskin, @Romancing_Train, @caw caw rawr (tell Charlie I said hi), @cyke23, @LadyBarclay, @Jrdnsmom, and at least one other person I don't remember! I got Elsa's tiny booger child from @docfish2u's sale :3

[​IMG]
    Here's everything from inside the goodie basket! The button even had a sweet hidden message on the backside!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And lastly here's one of @Blurkishgirl's famously delicious cookies!
    [​IMG]

Thank you everyone for another amazing pin event! I love you guys!
    [​IMG]

6. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

Love that reference...tiny booger child!

7. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

If you haven't seen Frozen Fever, the snowgies are created by Elsa's sneezes! So they are effectively her boogers. Plus they're alive so that kinda makes them her children? :p