• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Does anyone else have trouble closing their 17" LE doll boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else have trouble closing their 17" LE doll boxes?

Brii59

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I usually open the plastic part of the box so that I can feel the dress and look at the certificate, but the box never looks the same! The plastic is always bemt inward on one side of of the box not straight and flat like when it first arrives at Disney, does anyone have any tips on how to fix this or what I am found wrong. To be more specific I'm talking about the plastic that protects the dolls, and the " side that never flatens is where the cutout design of the box is. I can never get both perfectly locked in place to look straight! Thanks is advance!:shock:

I had the same problem and figured out that if I put the plastic cover on a table (writing side down) and lower the box w/ the doll (doll facing down) onto the plastic cover, it went together much more smoothly. So, I did opposite of what *seemed* like the natural way of putting the clear cover on.

Did I explain that clearly? I suck at giving directions...

It does vary from box to box, unfortunately. It's all down to small variances in the lines of the separte parts of the box (so, of course, it's subject to the DS factory's "lovely" quality control). Most of my 17" LE doll box plastic windows fit perfectly even after numerous openings and closings, but there are a couple of them that do have a tendency to stubbornly push inward slightly toward the doll on one side when it supposedly should be in a perfect closed position. For those boxes, I just live with it. :(

In general, when replacing the plastic window, start by laying the doll box on a flat surface and then easing the window down into it with all sides and corners at the same level (in other words, it's better to not have the two corners on the side of the top of the box being lowered in faster than the ones at the bottom of the box, or left side/right side, etc.) Hope that helps.

My method never fails :wiggle:;

1. Start with the plastic sleeve on a flat surface, insert doll & card face down into it (pop the COA before you forget like I always do)
2. Take outer box (back with description) then ease down over the plastic.
3. Check that the edges don't get caught partway as it goes down, you're aiming to move it only when it's level
4. Once you've done that, flip it over on same flat surface then push the front of box over top
5. Job done :bigthumb:

My plastic is never bent up or has dips so I know it works. Try it and see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back