• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Donald character frame HM Scrapper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald character frame HM Scrapper?

LadyArmonua

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
First let me say that I feel like a complete dork for having forgotten what the Pinpics site actually suggested as means for uploading images; I have a scanner, have had one for a while and I keep trying to use my terrible cell phone camera. :squint: I finally have semi-decent pictures to do comparisons with.

Anyway, I have a question about pin [pinpics]85642[/pinpics], the Donald Duck character frame Hidden Mickey from 2011. It seems to look fine except for the background; the pin on Pinpics is a vibrant purple while mine seems to be more of a navy blue. I know sometimes colors can come out differently for different runs so that itself isn't my big concern over my pin being fake. What I am worried about is the back.

The back of my pin says it is a Hidden Mickey Pin, 3 of 5. I'm not sure what number it is actually supposed to be since that information isn't on Pinpics. Also, the needle part of the pin is stuck right on top of the "Mickey" in "Hidden Mickey Pin", making it impossible to read. I've checked all of my other HMs and none of them do that. Is it a sloppy mistake by Disney or a surefire sign that it's a fake?

I did a good enough scan of the front of the pin, the back kept scanning blurry. Either way, here is both the front and back of my pin:

Donaldcameo.png
Donaldcameoback.png

That back picture probably doesn't help anyone =_=; Hopefully it does give a general idea of what I'm talking about, though.

I would guess you're talking about the pin post being over the edition size box?? I'm not saying it's a scrapper but nothing should touch any other thing on the back. So, the ODPT shouldn't touch the edition size, shouldn't touch the post, etc.... In the picture you sent of the back of your pin, the pin post completly covers the edition size box. Not on any of our pins does this occure. Looks to us like you've got a Scrapper, unfortunatly. That pin post should be centered as well, not kicked off to one side or the other. Does it look like the pin post has been broke off and glued back on?? Sometimes the posts break off and people will glue them back on but that primarily is just the post breaking, not the entire post and back. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it doesn't look good to us...

Ah, bother, thought there was something fishy about the pin post (thank you for using that term! Couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was called this morning, lol). It's not glued on, looks like it's just another scrapper. Ah, well, thanks for the help!

it is more of a vibrant blue than yours as well. Tiggermickey (Judy) has one that I sold her last year. So, she can probably give you a nice clear picture of it :)

I would guess you're talking about the pin post being over the edition size box?? I'm not saying it's a scrapper but nothing should touch any other thing on the back. So, the ODPT shouldn't touch the edition size, shouldn't touch the post, etc.... In the picture you sent of the back of your pin, the pin post completly covers the edition size box. Not on any of our pins does this occure. Looks to us like you've got a Scrapper, unfortunatly. That pin post should be centered as well, not kicked off to one side or the other. Does it look like the pin post has been broke off and glued back on?? Sometimes the posts break off and people will glue them back on but that primarily is just the post breaking, not the entire post and back. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it doesn't look good to us...

+1

The front looks terrible as well, its all dippy. Thats why people scramble to get them when they first come out; no fakes yet. The longer you wait to try to collect a hidden mickey, the higher the chance of getting a fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back