• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystery Theme Box - I’m going to guess Mulan as the theme.

My Favorite Ride - I go back and forth between Splash Mountain and Big Thunder as being my favorite. I really love them both. However for purpose of this game, I will choose Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

I love riding BT at night during the fireworks. It is a different experience as if I was really riding in a runaway rail car. The darkness and the random explosions from the fire works make it seem more dangerous.
Oooo... I totally get this. I have only once done BT during fireworks and it was my favorite ride on BT ever.

Less than six hours to go . . . and I'm dying of curiosity about the answer to this mystery. This is a GREAT game! Kind of like guessing how many candies are in a jar, but without the usual view of said jar!
Loving everybody's favorite rides. The Mountain rides really seem to be winning.
Edit: glad to see you put in a guess! I’m equally excited to reveal the movie and prize :)

I'm guessing Toy Story. #3 is the same age as DPF and the first movie has a big anniversary (25) this year as well.

Haunted Mansion is my favorite. At least it's the one making the biggest contribution to my apartment decor. It's my parents' favorite so it's probably in my DNA.

My guess: Beauty and the Beast
My favorite ride:
I am going to break this into two categories: favorite family ride and favorite thrill ride.
For my favorite family ride, it would have to be The Sea with Nemo and Friends. This was my son’s first ride that he liked. He especially enjoyed the bubble scene. It was also the first ride we rode as a whole family. I will never forget it because the youngest was just a little baby and he had a blow out just as we were boarding our shell!
My favorite thrill ride is Expedition Everest. It is such an adrenaline rush! It is followed closely behind by Big Thunder Mountain.

I will guess Alice in Wonderland, since that’s my main collection, even though I won’t be alone in my guess.

May favorite ride has changed as I age. Right now I’d have to say it’s Thunder Mountain Railroad because it was the first major roller coaster my 4-year old son ride. He squealed in delight the entire time, so much so that the riders in front of us turned around to smile at him during the ride. He went from being afraid to riding Big Thunder about 25 times during our weekend trip to Disneyland. He couldn’t get enough and then he wanted to try others, but he wasn’t tall enough. I took a video of him jumping up and down waiting for the ride and him smiling and squealing during the ride and I love watching it.

My Guess: I’ll go with Cinderella

My Favorite Ride: Haunted Mansion!!! I’ve only been to Disneyland once, and did not ride Haunted Mansion cause my sister was with me and thought it’d be too scary (Pirates of the Caribbean was almost too much for her XD). That was in 2001. In 2015 I went to WDW for the first time, knowing nothing specific about most of the rides, but immediately fell in love with Haunted Mansion! I could ride it over and over again all day and never get tired of it. I still see some new detail every time I ride it. 2019 was my best HM year yet. Hubs and I did the Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour and got to go behind the scenes of the ballroom. And then I got to host a ghost (or 3) while at WDW during Disneyland’s 50th anniversary of the ride. I got up early that morning to go by myself to the park cause the moms wanted to sleep in, but I couldn’t miss it! That was my first solo time in a park and I LOVED it! I met so many other ghost-loving fans, and just absorbed the hauntingly celebratory atmosphere! I still ride as many times as I can every trip! My HM collection is still growing, but has quickly made it to 1 of my 4 biggest collections.
AND I almost forgot... I finally got to ride HM with my sister at WDW in 2016. She was still scared when we started, but she absolutely loves it now, too. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

I can’t wait to see what the theme is.

Here’s what I can confirm so far. This will not go down to a tiebreak Disney Trivia game. The winner guessed the movie correctly, and there were no duplicate guesses.

And since there will be no tiebreak, I am going to post the winner and reveal the prize tomorrow at 5 pm Pacific Time. I’m going to be a big meanie and keep the suspense going for another day *evil smirk*

I also want to take some pictures of the box all put together, so I’m buying myself some time here :p TTFN :)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hehe I am horrible for this. Sorry all, I thought for sure there were gonna be tons of duplicate guesses. At least for now, if you see that your guess was NOT duplicated, you are still in the running. For everyone else, thank you SO MUCH for playing and for sharing your favorite rides. It was so fun to read up on everyone’s memories and happy moments. Much needed during these rough times.

Hehe I am horrible for this. Sorry all, I thought for sure there were gonna be tons of duplicate guesses. At least for now, if you see that your guess was NOT duplicated, you are still in the running. For everyone else, thank you SO MUCH for playing and for sharing your favorite rides. It was so fun to read up on everyone’s memories and happy moments. Much needed during these rough times.
Maybe a hint to keep the guessing going?

¿¿¿Congrats to the Winner??? I guess that means at least Tangled and Mulan is out...
Moana is out also (myself and @theoucharis both guessed that one... so we are both out of the running.)

Maybe we can while away the hours by analyzing all of the duplicated guesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back