• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #5

akarih

Resident "Young Person"
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hey all! Welcome to DPF anniversary giveaway #5. DPF has been the most incredible home for a little Disney nerd like me for the past 1.5 years I think it might have been now(wow).

The rules are simple! You must
A. Be a member of DPF(well duh)
B. Be willing to give me your shipping address

To enter, I'd like to hear your best concept for a new ride at any park! Please include a theme, which park, what type of ride(coaster, water, dark ride etc.), what land, and any more details you'd like to add.

For a bonus entry, tag a friend you'd want to ride it with!

US shipping is free, if you're international I'll subtract the cost of the us shipping from the total and have you cover the rest.

In our prize pack today we have two pin sets, a keychain, a Mickey mouse hair bow, two small bags perfect for holding pin backs or traders in the parks, and an additional Disney gift card(not pictured because I need to go get it).

I am out of town for a couple weeks so it may take some time for me to get the prize out to the winner

I'm excited to see everyone's entries, happy pinning!(game ends Friday night at midnight EST)

Akari
8c45f5e27510a3ce947ebe578b50d455.jpg
68533ce059b5cb7b28b73fb13adcf7c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Saved for entries list
1. Mcgilligan
2. Pecosace
3. EvilSleep
4. Watzshakinbacon
5. Purplemandms
6. Rick195275
7. Momin.ator
8. Summerskin
9. Gelatoni
10.bingandnelsonfan
11. Stratasfan
12. Nateeter
13. Broadwaybookworm

Last edited:
Such a cute game. I'm not playing for the prize, I'm just saying my idea for fun!

I'd like to see an Big Hero 6 themed dark ride (but this concept could also be used for a roller coaster). For the Dark Ride, you would board a Baymax and go on a flight (or adventure) around San Fransokyo, meeting the Big Hero Six team as they fight villains, or get up to their own crazy hi-jinx! I think the best style of vehicle would be one with an overhead rail system, like Peter Pan's Flight, but a trackless dark ride could give you a great feeling of running through the streets with the team.

I'd love to ride this attraction with all the members of DPF! I think it would be fun to fill up the queue with all the members :D

Such a cute game. I'm not playing for the prize, I'm just saying my idea for fun!

I'd like to see an Big Hero 6 themed dark ride (but this concept could also be used for a roller coaster). For the Dark Ride, you would board a Baymax and go on a flight (or adventure) around San Fransokyo, meeting the Big Hero Six team as they fight villains, or get up to their own crazy hi-jinx! I think the best style of vehicle would be one with an overhead rail system, like Peter Pan's Flight, but a trackless dark ride could give you a great feeling of running through the streets with the team.

I'd love to ride this attraction with all the members of DPF! I think it would be fun to fill up the queue with all the members :D

Ooh I'd love to see that! Always wanted more Honey Lemon representation in the parks...

My idea for a ride is an educational ride about space. When I was five (I think) I went to Disneyland with my immediate family and an aunt and uncle from Spain. My mom thought Space Mountain was a slow ride much like Jungle Cruise or the Submarine Ride. My Dad who grew up in Southern California quickly corrected her and told her it was a roller coaster. She vehemently disagreed. We went on the ride. Dad was right, and Mom looked a little green after the ride.

so I would like to have a ride much like Jungle Cruise about Space. I think it should go into Disneyland and I think it should go into Tomorrowland(although it could be changed to focus on Star Wars and it could go to Galaxy’s Edge).

I would take my family (my parents, sister, my aunt, plus wife and children) plus I would take three friends (they are not on the forum) of mine who helped rekindle my love of Disney.

Thank you for hosting this giveaway, this is a cool idea to think of a new ride!

I have thought about this ride for a while but I think it would be very cool to add a roller coaster to Epcot in the Italy Pavilion. In the back of Italy would be a volcano and the story would be how some researchers are studying it, but it is about to erupt!! The queue starts at the bottom of the Italy Pavilion and goes through some educational buildings about the geology and science of volcanoes around the world and those in Italy. The queue would then go outside where there are scaffoldings circling around the volcano which would act as a good way to get shade and for a longer queue. On the backside of the volcano not visible to guests from the front of the Italy pavilion would be an entrance into the inside of the volcano where the cast members are costumed as volcano researchers and you join them to take them measurements and tests. This is the loading dock of the attraction and the ride vehicle is a ruggedy train type vechicle. This portion is part of a dark ride and you see researchers taking samples on the gentle ride but then the coaster starts vibrating simulating that the volcano is about to erupt! While the vehicle is picking up speed, you see some "lava" get closer to the ride vehicle and rush out of the volcano and exit the hole at the top and get sprayed with water simulating lava while you 'erupt' as well. The roller coaster then does an inversion at the top and you go around some ruins of Pompeii in the back of the Italy pavilion as well as circle around the outer part of the volcano. You pull up to a geology laboratory when finished and you see a head researcher say "Good work team, but our data got scorched, we gotta go back to get some more. Join us again anytime!". And you depart from the vehicle.

Even though in this pavilion there was supposed to be a Roman Ruins walk-through and a gondola boat ride in the original plans, I think a volcano roller coaster in the back would be a great addition!

I would definitely want to ride this one with my sister @EvilSleep !!

Thank you for hosting this giveaway, this is a cool idea to think of a new ride!

I have thought about this ride for a while but I think it would be very cool to add a roller coaster to Epcot in the Italy Pavilion. In the back of Italy would be a volcano and the story would be how some researchers are studying it, but it is about to erupt!! The queue starts at the bottom of the Italy Pavilion and goes through some educational buildings about the geology and science of volcanoes around the world and those in Italy. The queue would then go outside where there are scaffoldings circling around the volcano which would act as a good way to get shade and for a longer queue. On the backside of the volcano not visible to guests from the front of the Italy pavilion would be an entrance into the inside of the volcano where the cast members are costumed as volcano researchers and you join them to take them measurements and tests. This is the loading dock of the attraction and the ride vehicle is a ruggedy train type vechicle. This portion is part of a dark ride and you see researchers taking samples on the gentle ride but then the coaster starts vibrating simulating that the volcano is about to erupt! While the vehicle is picking up speed, you see some "lava" get closer to the ride vehicle and rush out of the volcano and exit the hole at the top and get sprayed with water simulating lava while you 'erupt' as well. The roller coaster then does an inversion at the top and you go around some ruins of Pompeii in the back of the Italy pavilion as well as circle around the outer part of the volcano. You pull up to a geology laboratory when finished and you see a head researcher say "Good work team, but our data got scorched, we gotta go back to get some more. Join us again anytime!". And you depart from the vehicle.

Even though in this pavilion there was supposed to be a Roman Ruins walk-through and a gondola boat ride in the original plans, I think a volcano roller coaster in the back would be a great addition!

Ooh loving the detail!

I think a Beauty and the Beast ride would be pretty cool. I’m thinking kinda like that banshee avatar ride, but you get to ride Philippe! Mainly, I think the wolf chase would be pretty cool and then maybe somehow watch the story from his POV... haha I haven’t thought this all through..

Oh so this would prob be in Disneyland / Magic Kingdom in fantasyland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would make a water ride like Splash Mountain but change the theme to Princess and the Frog..... just kidding

My ride would be in Universal Studios like all non-Disney franchises and would be Marvel themed cause it's a shame we don't have anything like that yet. It would be designed to look like a comic book style and have picture frames of all different superheros or villains on the wall. During the line there could be a mini game where you could design a superhero, like how on Test Track you build your own car, because who wouldn't want to be a superhero. The ride will be a roller-coaster going past different scenes from movies. The cast members could be dressed as S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to match the theme.

For my ride buddy, I would go with my fellow Marvel fan, @Pecosace

Oooooh, what a fun challenge!

My mind immediately goes to the whole "Pull the Lever Kronk" scene from the Emperor's New Groove. Maybe a new roller coaster behind the Mexico pavilion? ENG roller coaster all the way.

@SoraPandora, you down to go?

7vpjOZ.gif

Ooh I would live for that! Maybe finally get a new Peru pavilion into the World Showcase...

Awesome idea for a game!
My idea for a new ride would be to put a ride exactly like Mr toads wild ride in Disneyland and put it in the magic kingdom in fantasyland! Maybe it could fit where Pooh is..... sorry Pooh fans! Man I miss that ride!
Ok since we are looking for new ideas we would love to see a Lilo and stitch water ride! I’m thinking water coaster really. Could start off crashing in from outer space with a large drop similar to splash. And the thrills keep coming as we then are taken on a crazy adventure trying to escape the pursuit of first jumba and then Gantu. I’m thinking it would follow along the story of the first movie. Plenty of laughs and aww moments brought to you by the lovable cast. It could end with a fun surfing scene while you hear “Hawaiian roller coaster” play... a family favorite over here. I’m having trouble placing this one. I can’t really see it fitting into any of the lands currently in magic kingdom, or Hollywood studios at all, maybe Epcot? Not sure where it would fit though as I’m envisioning a pretty large ride. That leaves animal kingdom, and I can’t be alone in wanting dinoland gone..... right?!
I really think with the popularity stitch still seems to carry all these years later he deserves an attraction... one that doesn’t involve gross smelling burps! I think we would even take that one back over no stitch attraction at all. We might be in the minority there though haha.

I think they would be an awesome idea. Best yet, have the queue line be motifs of Pompeii/Herculaneum inspired ruins and you have an interesting non-Disney IP inspired attraction; if they are not able to use a coaster, reuse the cars from the body-wars ride and have a “back to the future” inspired volcano attraction...

Last edited:
First I wanted to say that I would create a ride where small children sing the same song over and over again
for 20 minutes, but...

The ride my daughter came up with is a Moana themed ride similar to the Aladdin Magic Carpet ride where
the vehicles are surfboards and they move up and down. I told her if I stole her idea and win she will get
the prize. I think I will take her with me on the ride too or her sister who nearly made her grandmother
seasick on the dumbo ride because she likes to make it bounce up and down.

:)Thanks @akarih for a fun game.

I think the idea of resurrecting/refurbishing attractions has merit when it is in the best interests of its legacy and will ultimately succeed if there is great enthusiasm surrounding it (splash mountain anyone). One particicular misstep that Disney’s Hollywood Studios has employed is gutting half its park in favor of Star Wars/Toy Story IP’s; in order to do this it had to start removing any legacies to what the park intended since its inception and let other licenses(MGM) lapse. It wouldn’t be much for Disney if it would like to bring over a thrill attraction deemed too scary for MK; Not only would they not have to pay anything for development, Alien Encounter: Extraterrorestrial’s theme could actually fit in a particular corner of the park.

One attraction that had many sighing relief for its closure was “Stitch’s Great Escape”. It was very much notorious for its overlay that nerfed anything remotely sinister or captivating about its predecessor(especially considering all of its mechanics of it were the same as Alien Encounter). I can remember reading the new rides faq’s/highlights in a book about WDW and the only thing worth remembering was how technologically advanced the Animatronic for its titular character was at the time(ouch). With Disney planning demolition of the stage that SGE is located in, it wouldn’t be too much to box/move it to Hollywood Studios. With a few tweaks/character adjustments to revamp it back as AE, it would fit right in thematically next to the SciFi Diner(taking out the bar currently on thar corner); or if they moved Star Tours in with the rest of Galaxy’s Edge they could put it in that spot...

Last edited:
I asked my toddler and her idea was simply Mana and Koko which translates to Moana and Kakamora. I don't think she had any understanding of the question as she was watching that scene of Moana tonight after bath time but she likes the prize so we are using her idea. I'm thinking it would be like Buzz lightyear's astroblasters. You would go through the pre-ride queue and see scenes of the story of the movie of Moana. You would board a raft and it would be installed with a coconut launching gun. AS Grandma Tala's last gift to Moana, she figured the best way to fight little coconut monsters is with what Moana's home island has in abundance...coconuts. You would journey through the sea to bring Hei Hei and Pua to visit Te Fiti and on your journey you would be ambushed by Kakamora looking for revenge. You would fight them off with the help of Maui and your adorable friends. You would get points like in Astroblasters for hitting certain targets/kakamora. At the end, you would make it safely to Te Fiti with your friends.

I think this would be something my little one would enjoy and she would love to go on it with her new friends @caw caw rawr and @bcol.

Thanks @akarih for hosting this game! What a great question, and it's had my sister and me talking for the last 24 hours about rides.
Okay, so my suggestion is actually the top of both our lists -- but I'm going to include two bonus rides at the bottom. Hey, who know, right?! Maybe Disney ride designers are going to read this thread one day and take up some of these great ideas. Highly unlikely, you say? Probably right, but dreaming Disney style is always the best way with happily-ever-after endings.

Okay, so the ride I see is a gentle one all about Moana. More along the lines of "The Seas with Nemo and Friends" -- but a brighter look. Placement would be more likely to end up in Magic Kingdom in Fantasyland, but if you wanted to ask me the best option -- and new small Polynesian Island area in Epcot.
The queue area would be totally decorated with the type of Island outdoors as seen in the "Moana, Make Way" song. Then, you walk inside to a huge aquarium where you stand and see turtles floating there, along with all kinds of shells. "The Innocent Warrior" is definitely the background music for this ride, and you are standing there in the POV of toddler Moana. As you exit, there is a totally themed gift shop which sells shells (just like Moana is collecting) and other appropriately themed souvenirs like Hawaiian flower clips for your hair and other fun stuff.

I'd definitely want to go on this ride with my lifelong best friend @stratasfan !

- - - - - - - - - - - - --

Two bonus rides that I think would be fun.

"Human Again" in Fantasyland. A ride totally based on the "Human Again" number in BatB. You'd be riding some kind of vehicle through the castle as the Enchanted Objects work at cleaning the place and singing the song!

A thrilling coaster-style ride based on the Avalanche scene in the 1960s live-action "In Search of the Castaways". You get to ride a car that looks like the piece of mountain rock and end up on a fast, twisty, crazy ride down a mountain, through hidden snowy passages, etc. This scene really was made to be a thrill ride.
Not exactly sure where this would be best situated in WDW . . .

Thanks @akarih for hosting this game! What a great question, and it's had my sister and me talking for the last 24 hours about rides.
Okay, so my suggestion is actually the top of both our lists -- but I'm going to include two bonus rides at the bottom. Hey, who know, right?! Maybe Disney ride designers are going to read this thread one day and take up some of these great ideas. Highly unlikely, you say? Probably right, but dreaming Disney style is always the best way with happily-ever-after endings.

Okay, so the ride I see is a gentle one all about Moana. More along the lines of "The Seas with Nemo and Friends" -- but a brighter look. Placement would be more likely to end up in Magic Kingdom in Fantasyland, but if you wanted to ask me the best option -- and new small Polynesian Island area in Epcot.
The queue area would be totally decorated with the type of Island outdoors as seen in the "Moana, Make Way" song. Then, you walk inside to a huge aquarium where you stand and see turtles floating there, along with all kinds of shells. "The Innocent Warrior" is definitely the background music for this ride, and you are standing there in the POV of toddler Moana. As you exit, there is a totally themed gift shop which sells shells (just like Moana is collecting) and other appropriately themed souvenirs like Hawaiian flower clips for your hair and other fun stuff.

I'd definitely want to go on this ride with my lifelong best friend @stratasfan !

- - - - - - - - - - - - --

Two bonus rides that I think would be fun.

"Human Again" in Fantasyland. A ride totally based on the "Human Again" number in BatB. You'd be riding some kind of vehicle through the castle as the Enchanted Objects work at cleaning the place and singing the song!

A thrilling coaster-style ride based on the Avalanche scene in the 1960s live-action "In Search of the Castaways". You get to ride a car that looks like the piece of mountain rock and end up on a fast, twisty, crazy ride down a mountain, through hidden snowy passages, etc. This scene really was made to be a thrill ride.
Not exactly sure where this would be best situated in WDW . . .

Ooh would love more Moana representation in the parks(though I think there's something coming to Epcot?) and what a creative bonus ride! I've never heard of In Search Of the Castaway

"In Search of the Castaways" was a good one! Typical type of those 1960s live-action films, if you like them. Not quite as high on my list as "The Moon-Spinners", but very good!

Do you mean there's a rumor that a Moana ride is coming into Epcot? That would be cool . . . maybe it would mean they will release some more Moana pins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back