• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #7

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Happy 10th Anniversary DPF!

93ef77a98708668867d1707ed7dff0f5.jpg

Welcome to Week 7 of games/giveaways!

My giveaway is a creative challenge -

Imagine yourself as a Disney character!

Would you be a good guy or a bad guy? Hero, princess, villain, mentor, supporting character, or something else entirely?

Would you choose to look as you do now, or change your appearance somehow? What would your outfit/costume look like?

Would you any super powers, like Rapunzel’s glowing/healing hair, Peter Pan’s flight, or Elsa’s ice magic?

Would you have a sidekick (maybe your pet in real life, or a magical creature you’ve always admired)? What would they look like and how would they act?

Answer the above questions, then draw a picture, make a themed collage/mood board, or write a short story or poem about your character. You may also opt to put together a costume out of things you have around the house and do a photo shoot! (Basically, I just want you to get creative. Have fun with this!)

Rules:

1. Must be a member of DPF
2. Must be willing to send me your address to ship the prize to you
International members are welcome to enter, but may be charged for shipping.​

There will be one winner, who will be allowed to pick two (2) prizes! Each picture in post #2 of this thread is a different prize option! (More prizes may be added throughout the week!)
  • Winner will be selected from all Week #7 entries using a random generator.
  • I will run the random generator on August 11! Best of luck.

Note: Winner may decline their spot in order to keep their eligibility for a later DPF giveaway (since you can only win two of the main games.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Please note that each photo is a different prize. So there are twelve prizes below. I tried to offer a variety so there’s something for everyone! Winner chooses any two!

759487fa80458420a2e09cbb1c21e77c.jpg

a2dbabec49fb3e62dd334adca3039507.jpg

5e90e006233d3d8439cd0b350c8f83e3.jpg

Entries so far (updated 08.10)

1. Bingandnelsonfan
2. Starry_solo
3. Rick195275
4. Stratasfan
5. Momin.ator
6. Story
7. Akarih
8. Bratty_jedi
9. Pecosace

Last edited:
My Character: "The Baby-sitter"
Show: The Mandalorian
Costume: Definitely the Sorgan type outfits, but with some woolen additions . . . maybe a wool collar!
Long black wavy hair, hazel eyes . . .

The Baby-sitter is a character hired by the Mandalorian to take care of "The Kid" (aka Baby Yoda) 24/7! She would get to rock him to sleep, play with him, and keep him from eating frogs and pushing buttons. A side-theme would be that she makes Baby a beautiful woolen blanket (it'd have to be knitted since I can't crochet) dyed in that lovely Sorgan blue color -- and maybe even makes him a needle-felted plush with big ears to hug. It would be a VERY Baby themed show with a lot of shots of Baby making cute faces, accompanied by his cute squeaks and noises.

I'll be back with an accompanying photo before the game closes . . .

My Character: "The Baby-sitter"
Show: The Mandalorian
Costume: Definitely the Sorgan type outfits, but with some woolen additions . . . maybe a wool collar!
Long black wavy hair, hazel eyes . . .

The Baby-sitter is a character hired by the Mandalorian to take care of "The Kid" (aka Baby Yoda) 24/7! She would get to rock him to sleep, play with him, and keep him from eating frogs and pushing buttons. A side-theme would be that she makes Baby a beautiful woolen blanket (it'd have to be knitted since I can't crochet) dyed in that lovely Sorgan blue color -- and maybe even makes him a needle-felted plush with big ears to hug. It would be a VERY Baby themed show with a lot of shots of Baby making cute faces, accompanied by his cute squeaks and noises.

I'll be back with an accompanying photo before the game closes . . .

YAY!!!

Thank you so much for entering! I was beginning to worry my challenge was too hard, or my prizes were no good.

Love your description and all the details!

giphy.gif

YAY!!!

Thank you so much for entering! I was beginning to worry my challenge was too hard, or my prizes were no good.

giphy.gif

Just getting my best ideas up before I submit! Very excited for this one actually...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Would you be a good guy or a bad guy? Hero, princess, villain, mentor, supporting character, or something else entirely?
I would likely be a supporting character with a sarcastic wit ;)

Would you choose to look as you do now, or change your appearance somehow? What would your outfit/costume look like?
I would be a little taller and thinner, lol. My costume would be red with some shades of pink.

Would you any super powers, like Rapunzel’s glowing/healing hair, Peter Pan’s flight, or Elsa’s ice magic?
I would fly and be able to create snow and ice so I can freeze all the ice caps and glaciers in the world :D

Would you have a sidekick (maybe your pet in real life, or a magical creature you’ve always admired)? What would they look like and how would they act?
No to a sidekick.

Answer the above questions, then draw a picture, make a themed collage/mood board, or write a short story or poem about your character. You may also opt to put together a costume out of things you have around the house and do a photo shoot! (Basically, I just want you to get creative. Have fun with this!)
I'll be back.

YAY!!!

giphy.gif

I think it's a great idea, and you have really nice prizes. I had to think about this answer for all of . . . one minute. My mind has been pretty one-track minded since seeing Baby Yoda in January! Had it not been for him, I probably would have wanted to be an Enchanted Object in Beauty and the Beast. :) Will be back with a pic . . .

I would be a supporting role, as a charter that adds comedy. My appearance would be very different as I’m envisioning being part of Stich’s ohana, maybe experiment 313 if that wasn’t taken already, a half size version of stitch. My daughter would be my sidekick, experiment 314 she could be a half sized Angel? We would both have super powers, I’m thinking flight because that would be amazing! And my daughter will be able to shape shift because she has a knack for fitting into every situation.
My artistic abilities are nonexistent so we will go with a short story. I’m seeing us being characters from the Lilo and stitch tv series. We could have complimentary roles on an episode where we help Lilo and stitch with some trouble on the beach. I’m envisioning my daughter surfing in to the rescue. Her personality is so big I’m seeing her landing her own spin off series haha!
What a fun game idea! Thanks!

I would be a supporting role, as a charter that adds comedy. My appearance would be very different as I’m envisioning being part of Stich’s ohana, maybe experiment 313 if that wasn’t taken already, a half size version of stitch. My daughter would be my sidekick, experiment 314 she could be a half sized Angel? We would both have super powers, I’m thinking flight because that would be amazing! And my daughter will be able to shape shift because she has a knack for fitting into every situation.
My artistic abilities are nonexistent so we will go with a short story. I’m seeing us being characters from the Lilo and stitch tv series. We could have complimentary roles on an episode where we help Lilo and stitch with some trouble on the beach. I’m envisioning my daughter surfing in to the rescue. Her personality is so big I’m seeing her landing her own spin off series haha!
What a fun game idea! Thanks!

Love it!

Oh, what a cute idea! Also . . . I think you have great prizes! I really like that little pirate-y boy with the ice cream! Too cute! He looks just like one of my absolute favorite dolls (who has his own pin collection, too)!

Let's see . . . it's taken me a day to dream this up! (If the question had been what Disney job . . . I'd have problems picking! -grin- )

Good guy!

I'd have black hair and blue eyes. :) I think I'd also speak with a British accent. Costume . . . Short pants, t-shirt and cargo vest.

Pixie Dust . . . to make my submarine fly!

Kevin! They'd look like Kevin and act like Kevin! (You can't top perfection, can you? ) *Bouncy Kevin emoticon*

A story --- I'd find the submarine, Nautilus, and together with Kevin (who I'd pick up in Paradise Falls) we'd travel around to the different Disney lands! My Pixie Dust would make our submarine be able to fly to places that are not on the water. We'd travel to different places a visit Disney characters . . . Elsa and Anna at Arendelle, the Robinsons at their island treehouse, the Enchanted objects at Prince Adam's castle (although, I think they'd be human and give us a full tour!), Robin Hood in Sherwood, Sorgan (got to go to Sorgan!) and see Baby and Mando and Cara, Brookline to see the US Open, etc.

Oh, what a cute idea! Also . . . I think you have great prizes! I really like that little pirate-y boy with the ice cream! Too cute! He looks just like one of my absolute favorite dolls (who has his own pin collection, too)!

Let's see . . . it's taken me a day to dream this up! (If the question had been what Disney job . . . I'd have problems picking! -grin- )

Good guy!

I'd have black hair and blue eyes. :) I think I'd also speak with a British accent. Costume . . . Short pants, t-shirt and cargo vest.

Pixie Dust . . . to make my submarine fly!

Kevin! They'd look like Kevin and act like Kevin! (You can't top perfection, can you? ) *Bouncy Kevin emoticon*

A story --- I'd find the submarine, Nautilus, and together with Kevin (who I'd pick up in Paradise Falls) we'd travel around to the different Disney lands! My Pixie Dust would make our submarine be able to fly to places that are not on the water. We'd travel to different places a visit Disney characters . . . Elsa and Anna at Arendelle, the Robinsons at their island treehouse, the Enchanted objects at Prince Adam's castle (although, I think they'd be human and give us a full tour!), Robin Hood in Sherwood, Sorgan (got to go to Sorgan!) and see Baby and Mando and Cara, Brookline to see the US Open, etc.

I love the idea of a flying submarine. :)

And the little pirate boy is Jake from the Neverland Pirates! I think I’ve seen a picture of your pin collecting doll. Super cute.

:cheshire::chip::daisy::donald::dumbo::fig::goofy::koda::lumpy::meeko:

Come on DPF-ers! Surely someone else must have a good idea! :) Sis and I are disappointed there aren't more entries to this very fun game! :eeyore: 40-some entered the Bonus Giveaway . . . I'm sure Sora is OK if you post gifs along with your entry! -grin-

LOL, thanks, love!

Gifs and stick drawings are more than welcome!

I’m definitely planning to enter, but Monday was tropical storm prep and Tuesday we had no power from around 8am to maybe 7:30 pm thanks to said tropical storm, so it’s just been a rough start to the week. I will be back before the week is over now that things are basically returned to normal. Or normal for 2020, I guess.

I would like to be the cat caregiver in the Aristocats 2. I would take care of all of the alley cats and homeless cats in Paris
and they would play jazz for me.

I would be a good guy because well bad guys are bad.

I would look like me only thinner.

I would have cat whisperer powers to keep all the cats in line and behaving.

As my sidekick, I would have @krand1276 because she is the best foster cat wrangler ever!!

Answer the above questions, then draw a picture, make a themed collage/mood board, or write a short story or poem about your character. You may also opt to put together a costume out of things you have around the house and do a photo shoot! (Basically, I just want you to get creative. Have fun with this!) picture coming soon.

I would like to be the cat caregiver in the Aristocats 2. I would take care of all of the alley cats and homeless cats in Paris
and they would play jazz for me.

I would be a good guy because well bad guys are bad.

I would look like me only thinner.

I would have cat whisperer powers to keep all the cats in line and behaving.

As my sidekick, I would have @krand1276 because she is the best foster cat wrangler ever!!

Answer the above questions, then draw a picture, make a themed collage/mood board, or write a short story or poem about your character. You may also opt to put together a costume out of things you have around the house and do a photo shoot! (Basically, I just want you to get creative. Have fun with this!) picture coming soon.
I would be totally honored!

d39e362f8335cad3356f35b897e58a08.gif

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I was beginning to worry my challenge was too hard, or my prizes were no good.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay, first you need to stop being so hard on yourself; your prizes are lovely and your challenge is amazing! If I had to speculate as to why there's a delay in responses/participants, I would guess it has to do with a combination of:

1. the storm that is wreaking havoc along the east coast
2. the ongoing pandemic that (sadly) has become our new (temporary) normal
3. the desire to present a well-constructed and thoughtful answer that's worthy of your challenge, which takes time to prepare

Just be patient and give people time; I think replies will come in as the week progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back