• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #9 - Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #9 - Closed!

Tokaji

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Happy Monday, DPF!!! It's good to see you all here! I'm honored to be a part of the Anniversary giveaways, and I'm excited to add a little joy to your week. I know that I could use it.
93ef77a98708668867d1707ed7dff0f5.jpg

This summer has been a bit rough for me, and I haven't had a chance to do much pin trading/buying/selling. So I thought it would be nice to hear your favorite stories of pin trading!

The Rules:

You must be:
1) A member of DPF
2) Willing to send me your address so I can send you a prize!
3) If you don't want to be considered for a prize and just want to share a great story, please say so.
4) You have until Sunday August 23rd at Midnight WDW (EST) time to post your story.

Shipping is free, but international shipping likely will not have tracking.

In order to enter:
Tell me your favorite memory of pin trading, whether it was in person or online, involved with DPF, or not. If you have several, share them all! Each person gets 1 entry. If one of your favorite stories involves a DPF member, there will be an additional prize for those who have helped you to create excellent memories in the hobby. (I know this is a bit similar to one of the first games, but I need the positive energy, and I want to hear your stories!!)

All entrants will be randomized for picks. Each of three winners from the entries will be able to pick from the prizes in the first picture of Post #2. One Nominee will also be chosen for a pick (spot #4). An additional randomizer will be run among Entrants and Nominees for the Grand Prize.

I look forward to reading all your stories! May the odds be ever in your favor!

Last edited:
The Prizes!!!! Top 3 entrants and top nominee will get to pick from the following 10 pins:
Prizes.jpg

1. Pin 134492 UP - Celebrating 10 Years - Puzzle Piece Mystery - Carl
2. Pin 134450 DSSH - Pin Trader Delight PTD - Judy Hopps #2 GWP
3. Pin 134485 UP - Celebrating 10 Years - Puzzle Piece Mystery - Carl & Ellie
4. Pin 58531 WDW - Flubber - 10th Anniversary
Pin 97418 WDW - Disney Pin Trading Night 2013 - Mike Wazowski (Spinner)
5. Pin 106490 WDW - Star Wars Weekends - 2014 Namebadge Mystery Set - IG-88 ONLY
Pin 102398 WDW - Star Wars Weekends - 2014 Namebadge Mystery Set - C-3PO ONLY
6. Pin 134375 Cast Exclusive - What's My Name? Badge Mystery - Moana - Maui
Pin 134370 Cast Exclusive - What's My Name? Badge Mystery - Moana - Tui
Pin 134369 Cast Exclusive - What's My Name? Badge Mystery - Moana - Sina

7. Pin 129148 WDI - Pixar Pier Mystery Collection - Mrs. Incredible
8. Tsum Tsum pins: Linguini, Remy, Buzz and Woody
9. Pin 124832 DSSH - Online Surprise Release - Bookmark Series - Russell
10. Incredibles anniversary cast exclusive - not on PP

And whomever wins the GRAND PRIZE draw gets to pick one of these Park Packs, mint in box (Aladdin and Peter Pan):
Grand-Prize.jpg

Last edited:
Reserved for randomizer results.

There were 23 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
Entrants
  1. 17. @Pibbman
  2. 13. @brattyjedi
  3. 11. @Pecosace
  4. 20. @starry_solo
  5. 22. @cyke23
  6. 8. @TonkaToy
  7. 14. @stratasfan
  8. 9. @Meritre
  9. 2. @Mcgilligan
  10. 10. @Gelatoni
  11. 1. @MischiefMade
  12. 5. @bingandnelsonfan
  13. 3. @SoraPandora
  14. 12. @caw caw rawr
  15. 7. @sockgnome
  16. 6. @Booger1964
  17. 18. @broadwaybookworm
  18. 4. @Rick195275
  19. 16. @theoucharis
  20. 19. @wonderbywonder
  21. 21. @akarih
  22. 23. @EvilSleep
  23. 15. @mybabykelly
IP: 136.223.103.124
Timestamp: 2020-08-25 13:04:07 UTC

There were 26 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
Nominees
  1. 24. @Addicted to Alice Pins
  2. 8. @theoucharis
  3. 5. @stratasfan
  4. 20. @Shelterkat
  5. 3. @timeerkat
  6. 10. @MerlinEmrys
  7. 1. @akarih
  8. 15. @CanaDaLE
  9. 9. @SoraPandora
  10. 7. @TheMickeyMouseRules
  11. 2. @Connies_Hobby
  12. 25. @Abyssinian28
  13. 17. @Meritre
  14. 18. @Sortlora
  15. 11. @pretty Omi
  16. 23. @Spr175psu
  17. 26. @Pecosace
  18. 13. @maiarebecca
  19. 14. @summerskin
  20. 12. @LittleBird
  21. 6. @bingandnelsonfan
  22. 19. @starry_solo
  23. 4. @Rick195275
  24. 22. @bcol
  25. 16. @LadyBarclay
  26. 21. @pincrazy
Timestamp: 2020-08-25 13:05:30 UTC

There were 41 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
Grand Prize! (Duplicates removed)
  1. 21. @pincrazy
  2. 4. @Rick195275
  3. 20. @starry_solo
  4. 10. @MerlinEmrys
  5. 15. @CanaDaLE
  6. 8. @TonkaToy
  7. 22. @bcol
  8. 18. @broadwaybookworm
  9. 7. @TheMickeyMouseRules
  10. 9. @Meritre
  11. 12. @caw caw rawr
  12. 8. @theoucharis
  13. 2. @Mcgilligan
  14. 10. @Gelatoni
  15. 19. @wonderbywonder
  16. 11. @pretty Omi
  17. 1. @MischiefMade
  18. 13. @maiarebecca
  19. 6. @Booger1964
  20. 2. @Connies_Hobby
  21. 13. @brattyjedi
  22. 21. @akarih
  23. 3. @timeerkat
  24. 14. @summerskin
  25. 14. @stratasfan
  26. 24. @Addicted to Alice Pins
  27. 9. @SoraPandora
  28. 23. @EvilSleep
  29. 12. @LittleBird
  30. 23. @Spr175psu
  31. 15. @mybabykelly
  32. 16. @LadyBarclay
  33. 17. @Pibbman
  34. 25. @Abyssinian28
  35. 20. @Shelterkat
  36. 26. @Pecosace
  37. 5. @bingandnelsonfan
  38. 18. @Sortlora
  39. 22. @cyke23
  40. 7. @sockgnome
Timestamp: 2020-08-25 13:10:04 UTC

Last edited:
While I can't nominate you for your own prize drawing (obviously) I can share some warm feelings from my pin trading journey that you do contribute to. Even if this isn't exactly a story and more like gushing my warm and fuzzies, I always enjoy talking with you and @Meritre in the chats. I've gone through some harder times and you and Meri have certainly helped me through them (Mostly my lamenting about pins not being within my Canadian grasp). The Chat is honestly a place of positivity that (when I am not knee deep in work), I enjoy hanging out in and connecting with the both of you. You are both wonderful friends and I can't ever say that enough.

I do want to share a brief story about @akarih. This story, though short, takes place while we were playing @CanaDaLE's (so I guess it is only fair to include her in this as well) fabulous game last year, which due to her amazing generosity and all the luck for the rest of my lifetime, I happened to win. I can't thank her enough for my first (and only) PoDM. Anyway, I mentioned in one of my posts about a particular challenge, which was basically a scavenger hunt, that I loved Akari's Minne Ears Headband. Now what does Akari do? He offers to send them to me as a Zap.....my first and only set of ears, which has pride of place in my closet. Not only did Akari just /SEND/ me these beautiful Sorcerer Mickey Minnie Ear Headband, he included a Merida Bow Loungefly pin, which was my first Zapped Pin. I am a total sucker for the headbands, but I won't buy them for myself since once I start I won't be able to stop.

Regardless, I can't tell you how much Akari's generosity (and Tina's as well) changed my perspective, not only in the terms of pin collecting, but also for the way I want to move forward in living my life. If anything I want to thank them (and all the rest of DPF) profusely for showing me a happier and kinder side to the world. I had been in a bad way and had a huge emotionally scaring experience about 5 months before I joined the forum, and I want to thank every single person who reads this and has ever chatted or interacted with me for helping me heal, and making me into a happier and better person.

My favorite pin trading memory is when I shared pin trading with my fiance (now my wife).

We took a trip to Disneyland, and before our trip I gave her a lanyard and a bunch of traders.

The first day I modeled how to trade with a CM (I am a teacher after all). She traded with several cast members. She loved it! She enjoyed looking for different pins, although she did not like learning about scrappers (who does?). She had such a good time our first day trading she went through my traders to find pins she wanted to keep (several muppet pins, and pins with Mickey and Minnie together). She then bought A LOT of pins at Disneyland.

My second favorite memory was realizing that pins can be very personal and not just fun pieces of metal. I have a lanyard of sentimental pins, gifts from friends, relatives, and relatives of friends.

My favorite pin trading memory is when I shared pin trading with my fiance (now my wife).

We took a trip to Disneyland, and before our trip I gave her a lanyard and a bunch of traders.

The first day I modeled how to trade with a CM (I am a teacher after all). She traded with several cast members. She loved it! She enjoyed looking for different pins, although she did not like learning about scrappers (who does?). She had such a good time our first day trading she went through my traders to find pins she wanted to keep (several muppet pins, and pins with Mickey and Minnie together). She then bought A LOT of pins at Disneyland.

My second favorite memory was realizing that pins can be very personal and not just fun pieces of metal. I have a lanyard of sentimental pins, gifts from friends, relatives, and relatives of friends.

This is a great story! It's always fun to introduce someone to the hobby. It reminds me of introducing my wife to the hobby on our first trip together. Before that, she thought pins were silly, but when we got there, she was swept up in the wonder, and we spent a lot of time and money on pin trading.

I think my favorite pin trading memory was my first time attending a (non official) pin trading party, years and years ago. I think @docfish2u may have hosted it but I’m not sure. (I have a really bad memory!) This was right around Christmastime, at a hotel in Anaheim.

@AverysFairyTale baked amazing gingerbread Mickey cookies. (As bad as my memory is, I remember the cookies *vividly*.) She and her husband also zapped me a beautiful Peter Pan pin that is still one of the centerpieces of my collection. I am so happy that I got to know them before they stopped trading... They are a fantastic couple with so much love between them. We’re still in touch.

This party was my first time trading in person outside of the parks and it was wonderful. So many lovely and gracious people... After trading pins we all played White Elephant!

I have horrible social anxiety and get scared away from events very easily - This was one of the first times I stayed through a whole party voluntarily. A lot of people think pin trading is a silly hobby, but it has done so much for me as an awkward adult... It taught me how to speak up for myself, approach people, and make friends.

Viva la pin trading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite pin trading memory was from an event I heard about on this boards. It was held at one of the hotels down near Disney springs the name of the people who arraigned it and the hotel are escaping me at the moment sorry! I think it’s a monthly thing, I’m guessing not happening at the moment but would certainly suggest checking it out when they resume if in the area.... I’m sure someone here could comment the names I’m not remembering ‍♂️
There wasn’t a particular trade that made the experience for me but rather watching my daughter go around the whole room trading with everyone. Everyone there was so incredibly nice to her and just watching her walking around brimming with confidence was unbelievable as a parent. I was also blown away by the generosity of many of the people there trading pins of higher value to her than anything we had to offer.... we were new to trading especially in person and had mostly just mystery bag and rack pins. The whole experience was really so amazing and my daughter has talked about it many times since.
I will add my next favorite pin trading story which does involve people from here! @stratasfan and her sis @bingandnelsonfan have been so incredibly kind to me and my daughter over our time on this site, sending us care packages and making awesome trades with us. I happened to know they were looking for a dole whip scratch and sniff, one of our favorite pins in our own collection. So when I had the chance to trade for one with someone on Reddit I jumped at the chance with the intention to trade it to them for whatever they had, we would have worked out a deal for whatever we just wanted to get it to them.... come to find out they had an amazing unreleased stitch pin that was the perfect addition to our collection! We actually just finished making another great trade :)
Thanks for another great game!

My favorite pin trading memory was from an event I heard about on this boards. It was held at one of the hotels down near Disney springs the name of the people who arraigned it and the hotel are escaping me at the moment sorry! I think it’s a monthly thing, I’m guessing not happening at the moment but would certainly suggest checking it out when they resume if in the area.... I’m sure someone here could comment the names I’m not remembering ‍♂️
There wasn’t a particular trade that made the experience for me but rather watching my daughter go around the whole room trading with everyone. Everyone there was so incredibly nice to her and just watching her walking around brimming with confidence was unbelievable as a parent. I was also blown away by the generosity of many of the people there trading pins of higher value to her than anything we had to offer.... we were new to trading especially in person and had mostly just mystery bag and rack pins. The whole experience was really so amazing and my daughter has talked about it many times since.
I will add my next favorite pin trading story which does involve people from here! @stratasfan and her sis @bingandnelsonfan have been so incredibly kind to me and my daughter over our time on this site, sending us care packages and making awesome trades with us. I happened to know they were looking for a dole whip scratch and sniff, one of our favorite pins in our own collection. So when I had the chance to trade for one with someone on Reddit I jumped at the chance with the intention to trade it to them for whatever they had, we would have worked out a deal for whatever we just wanted to get it to them.... come to find out they had an amazing unreleased stitch pin that was the perfect addition to our collection! We actually just finished making another great trade :)
Thanks for another great game!

@Rick195275 You're so sweet! I was actually going to post the story of that Dole Whip pin as one of my greatest pin trading experiences . . . but I see you beat me to it. My version is as follows and couldn't have happened without @Rick195275: While we were trading at Disney Springs in January 2020, my aunt spotted this large Stitch pin on the hip lanyard of a manager walking down the little path between "Once Upon a Toy" and the other building right there (Co-op or something). My aunt starts smacking me in the thigh saying "big pin, big pin!" So, I bounce up and approach the CM. She was very friendly, and we swapped "big pins" . . . though it turned out that the one I traded in was nothing compared to the Stitch pin I got. It was Stitch in front of a Disney Springs medallion with some slogan in his language written on a banner. We took it home and spent the next three evenings at our grandmother's house logged into PinPics trying to figure out what it was. No luck. We brought it home and started looking, and it turned out to be an unreleased pin from a cancelled scavenger hunt scheduled back when "The World of Disney" store was remodelled. They had just decided to release the pins that week on CM lanyards at Disney Springs. Well, it had such fun memories of my aunt and our fun day that I kept it around, even though I don't really collect Stitch pins. I didn't mind trading it, but I wanted it to go to someone special who would really enjoy it. Then we started corresponding with Rick and his daughter. I knew I wanted to trade the pin to them for whatever they wanted to trade . . . I didn't care and just knew they were the right ones to have it. Then, we get a message from Rick saying that he had actually traded for my Grail pin of a scented Dole Whip and wanted to work out a trade for something. What an amazing memory attached to that whole trade! It's honestly one of the two or three pins that I never want to have to part with.

I've got another story to share . . . but I'll come back in and add it later.

Last edited:
My favorite pin trading memory is of attending our first Central New Jersey Disney Pin Traders event. We were very new traders, so we had very few pins to trade and didn't even have enough pins to enter the games/contests. The folks at the meet were so nice, they actually supplied my two children with pins to be able to enter the games. I still remember the first game in which teams of people raced each other passing a pin from one person to the next while having to wear those big stuffed Mickey hands. I don't believe the team my children were on won, but it was hilarious to watch! It was a great time and I will never forget the thoughtfulness and generosity of this group of pin traders. If anybody ever gets a chance, I suggest planning to attend one of their weekend meets (which are held twice a year). I'm sure you will come away with pleasant memories just as I did.

I have so many wonderful pin trading memories, and so many of them are tied to this forum!

1. When @docfish2u was doing his yearly 12 zaps of Christmas game, I'd update my ISO signature and post on the thread for fun, not really expecting anything since all of my grails were very high value. I'd look through other people's posts and try to hunt down others' grails, and I loved watching the people who received grails get Grail Mail!
During the game in 2014 I received an unexpected package that, upon opening it, I realized was from David and Amy! It ended up being one of my Ultra Grails at the time, the Jessica Rabbit in Germany LE 100 pin! David said that he had chosen three members that year to receive a pin from his personal collection, and that year he had chosen to send me this rare Jessica pin. I think I might have actually cried, I was so touched, and to this day that Jessica pin is one of the most cherished pins in my entire collection.

2. I greatly enjoy attending the Soda Fountain trading events, and I love that we always have a DPF family table. I had attended two or three events without having a problem getting a ticket, and then to my devastation I failed the online queue in 2018 for the Pinsgiving Event. I came on hands and knees to the forum, hoping that someone would have purchased a ticket and would be willing to sell me their Buddy Pass, but not really expecting anything. Lo and behold I got a message from @Sortlora, whom I had never met before, generously offering me her Buddy Ticket! We arranged everything ahead of time, we met up on the day of the event and stood in line together to get our entry tickets. I had an incredible time, and have so many fond memories of that event, and it was all due to the kindness of Sara! Thank you again for an incredible gift.

3. There are so many people on this forum that have given me joy, and that I love getting to see at events, I unfortunately can't name everyone! But I do have to give a shoutout to @starry_solo and @timeerkat who I can always count on to be friendly faces at every pin trading event I go to, @Shelterkat for being the sweetest person and doing park pick-ups for me, @SoraPandora for always being so welcoming and running up to me at a Docfish gathering and giving me a bag of zaps and goodies, and particularly @pincrazy for all of her support and huge hugs during some of the hardest times of my life. Darice, thank you from the bottom of my heart for listening to me and caring for me.

And thank you to the Mystery Zapper (did we ever find out who that was???), who zapped me an incredible DSF Rescuers pin at the last Docfish gathering! I was floored.

While I can't nominate you for your own prize drawing (obviously) I can share some warm feelings from my pin trading journey that you do contribute to. Even if this isn't exactly a story and more like gushing my warm and fuzzies, I always enjoy talking with you and @Meritre in the chats.

Same here, can't nominate you for your own prize drawing , but I'm really thanful for all the fun memories - talking in Disney gifs - and deep talks and everyday chat to all our chat buddies - @coblj003 @Ksnuggles @MischiefMade @starry_solo and more. It's not a story just me being thankful for you guys being there to listen, encourage me to share problems, offer solutions, offer help and being supportive and kind. And all that knowing that I'm not a collector, I'm simply here because this community is just amazing. It's thanks to this community that I do have two pins - one was a ZAP (Tink) and the other was a combined Birthday-Christmas gift (Belle). Thank you all so much.

I would like to nominate @Connies_Hobby - it is so hard to choose just one - Starry_Solo, Ksnuggles, Canadale and more than I can mention deserve a shout out too!
Connie has found me great pins and has shopped for me - she sent me an amazing Zap and is always trying to spread the magic.

As far as a favorite trade story goes...not really sure I have one. I love all aspects of trading and enjoy it every time. LOL
One memorable trade was late at night in the Magic Kingdom at WDW. I found my first Princess Compact Mirror pin on a lanyard, Sleeping Beauty, and I almost didn't ask for it - but I did and as soon as I saw it I was excited! Pretty hard to find a pin like that on a cast lanyard. Princesses are especially hard and this series was well collected.

Okay, I'm back with another story . . . just to share, as I entered yesterday already. However, the above story was my most memorable online trade. This following is definitely my favorite in-person trading memory.
December 11, 2018: Mom and the two of us were down visiting our grandmother in Viera. That's about an hour (bit less in good traffic) from Disney Springs, so we try to get in a lot of trading when we're there. This particular time was combined with Mom's birthday, but we were a bit sad, because it was the first trip down since our youngest cousin was in college. That meant it would be the first time of visiting without seeing her. And she was in the middle of finals, so it seemed like there was no way anything would work out to get her down there. We were almost at the end of our trip, and our aunt was coming up to go trading with us -- and she kept calling our Gramma -- and Gramma was being very secretive. As it turned out, Kelly (that's our cousin) had arranged to cram her finals tests with her teachers and got a late flight to arrive for the last couple of days of our trip!

So, we were all able to go to Disney Springs together for a whole day. It was very decorated for Christmas, and the Christmas Tree walk was out -- a first for us and something we totally hadn't expected. There were a lot of people there who were ready to trade, and we three girls were decked out with full lanyards and backpack with pins. We'd walk a few steps and someone would want to trade. Cute little kids who were just precious and thrilled to trade . . . parents who were excited that other visitors were willing to trade with their kids (okay, so Lizzy - @stratasfan - and I were 31 at the time and Kelly was 19 -- but we are all pretty like kids still when at Disney!). There were also a lot of people there on holiday from other countries, which was really cool, as we got to talk to people from Australia, New Zealand, England, Japan, China and other places. We were in "The World of Disney" for hours, because there were literally TONS of people there, all wanting to trade. There were groups from high schools and colleges, and it was fun to see what everybody was collecting and looking for. I had a Tomorrowland logo pin on my lanyard, and two College-age guys came up, one of them so wanting to trade that he practically skidded to a stop next to me -- and he was obviously pretty shy, so this was something special. He traded me a Chip & Dale Passholder statue pin, and I still have that as one of my favorite traded-for pins.

By the time we got to the Christmas trees, it was getting to evening. They had the bubbles floating in the air (Florida's simulation for snowflakes) and music playing. The decorations were amazing, and we were going from tree to tree having like the best time ever (definitely one of the best days I've ever had!) taking photos and laughing. There weren't a lot of people in the tree walk, and we had a pretty clear path. Plus, I don't know how many of you are identical twins, but when you are one and dressed alike (or even almost alike), it's pretty normal for everyone around to just stop where they are and stare at you 'til you've walked on. We're so used to it that the two of us don't even notice people looking at us, but it gets to Mom sometimes and always to friends or family with us. Well, since it was the two of us with Kelly -- and the three of us practically joined at the hips as we were going from tree to tree, even we noticed everybody watching. Well, all the way along, there was this cute little girl (probably about eight years old) who was sort of trailing behind us at a distance watching. We'd smile at her, but she'd duck behind a tree or something and then peak around. Almost at the end of the trees, she got closer, and there were her parents with her. We said "hi", and she looked up at us and asked what our lanyards were. Turns out, they were from New Zealand and had never been to Disney before. They hadn't heard of pin trading, either. By then, Mom and our Aunt were over here, too, so the five of us started taking pins off our lanyards, and we gave her a lanyard loaded with pins and told her how to trade.

That was totally the best pin-trading day ever for me! It was just a totally perfect day, and when you think of Disney Magic on vacation, well this was it! Here's a picture of us from that evening (Kelly on left, me in the center, Lizzy on right):
i.php

I would like to nominate @Connies_Hobby - it is so hard to choose just one - Starry_Solo, Ksnuggles, Canadale and more than I can mention deserve a shout out too!
Connie has found me great pins and has shopped for me - she sent me an amazing Zap and is always trying to spread the magic.

As far as a favorite trade story goes...not really sure I have one. I love all aspects of trading and enjoy it every time. LOL
One memorable trade was late at night in the Magic Kingdom at WDW. I found my first Princess Compact Mirror pin on a lanyard, Sleeping Beauty, and I almost didn't ask for it - but I did and as soon as I saw it I was excited! Pretty hard to find a pin like that on a cast lanyard. Princesses are especially hard and this series was well collected.
Gosh, TySVM! This means more then words can say.

This has Always Been my Pin Home.

I just grateful I can Spreading-the-Magic from time to time.

And, just a quick note, there are Many Wonderful Members on here who have been excellent role models for me.

Shout-Out to each and everyone.

giphy.gif

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

One of my more memorable experiences was during the soft opening of the Royal Princess Garden at HK Disneyland. It was an area to take photos with princesses with a store and Bippity Boppity Boutique for about a year and a half. Several days before it's official opening, I walked past and was surprised to see the entrance open. Inside, every single cast member had a new lanyard with 100% real pins. Most were the higher priced single OEs and some were retired pins. I quickly ran out of traders and went to buy some starter sets from the store because the pins were that good. Later, the managers came by and they had even better pins on their lanyards. Pretty much all retired pins and that's where I got my first AP pin - a HKDL grand opening pin. So it was one of the first runs of one of the first pins to be released at HKDL. Even though there weren't any LEs (there were some LRs), the managers weren't swarmed with traders like what would happen at a pin trading event so I got almost every single pin I wanted.

I have many great pin stories but one in recent memory was that @theoucharis was looking for the MMA Peter Pan pinset which I luckily was chosen for on MerchPass. They had some pins that I wanted and we worked out a trade to help us each out :) One pin was the Mickeys Christmas Carol popup book which my sister and I always love that movie and another was the Johnny Appleseed book which is another short that I enjoy in Melody Time. They also helped trade me one of the last SotMK cards I needed which was very nice! So I nominate @theoucharis , thank you!

Oh, I'll have to do one online and one in person trade. :) Online, I've been blessed with a lot of fabulous pin trades through PinPics and DPF! A fabulous one just happened . . . with @Rick195275 (who I'd like to nominate this time!)! Sis replied to his recent post showing his traders, saying he should contact me as she wanted a Little Mermaid pin he had. :) Well, he did (more like replied to our running PM string!) and I took a quick look at his traders photos. Well . . . there in the first picture was the pin that caught my attention . . . the recent Frozen castle LR hinged pin. So, I sighed and I probably did a little drooling and then wrote back to him about the Little Mermaid pin and commented about the gorgeous castle pin! He said, Oh, are you looking for one? I said, not really looking, but more like wishing. -grin- He said he'd be happy to trade it! So, I offered a Halloween party pin that had Stitch on it (which wasn't on his wants, but it did have Stitch on it!) and guess what? He traded! It just arrived, and I sure can't believe that I actually own a Frozen Castle pin!

Another amazing one was much earlier in our pin trading story. When the 10th Anniversary of UP pins were released, I flipped at the Kevin and babies pin! However, it was totally out of the budget and I'd never before gone into the realm of LE pins. Someone on PinPics actually traded with @TheMickeyMouseRules so that Anne sent me the Kevin pin! I couldn't believe it! I've since traded with Anne several times, and each time it is amazing! And she really has helped us with our first international trade! (Of course . .. she couldn't do anything about COVID shutting down a lot of International mail services - sigh-).

Oh, it is really hard to just share a few! :)

In person, several really stick out! I've shared the one before about the girl who was buying packs of the Stormtrooper helmets to trade with me in the Pin Trading store at Disney Springs. One of my other favorite in-person trades was just this past January at Disney Springs. In the shop, Trendy, that's off the side of Marketplace Co-Op. We were at the counter, trading with the CMs, and there was also a young couple with a really (did I say really?) cute baby. They had lanyards and were trading with baby! Or I should say, Baby was trading! Sis and I held up our lanyards and they let Baby pick. And Baby sure picked! He looked at all of them and knew right away that he wanted a certain Minnie pin! So, we hand Papa the Minnie and Mama (holding Baby) tells Baby to pick a pin from Papa's lanyard to trade and Baby right away picks the Chip pin from the Cuties booster set! I already had the Chip pin, but boy --- did my old one get pulled off the board as soon as we got home and the pin from Baby went right up as an immovable!

Now, to go read everyone else's stories!

This thread is so awesome!

There are so very many people I'd like to nominate. I tried writing out all of my awesome experiences with the forum and got overwhelmed and couldn't pick. If I can, I would like to nominate @SoraPandora @MerlinEmrys @pretty Omi @timeerkat and @LittleBird who consistently think of me and have gone above and beyond for me again and again. I'd also like to nominate everyone who has sent me or my kids (I'm looking at you @stratasfan and @bingandnelsonfan) zaps or trades, or messages just asking how I am, and who have been friends to me and my family. I'd also like to nominate everyone who has gone out of their way to pick up pins and merch from the parks for this Utah girl. Can I also nominate my collecting buddies who collect the same pins as me but instead of being jealous or rub-it-in-your-face when one of us gets a pin we both want, they are genuinely happy for me, and vice versa! I'd love to nominate all of you!

First experience was the last Docfish2u pin party. I got to meet so many amazing DPF'ers who were instant friends. Everyone was so kind and willing to trade with my kids. I loved meeting everyone there. It was the highlight of our Disneyland trip (and that's sayin' something. :))

The second experience that I wanted to share happened years ago, when my now 9 year old was like 2 years old. He was the cutest little dude. He would try to cut in line at Astro Blasters because he was convinced that "Buh Ligh-yur" was "uh-trouble" and needed his help. Well he loved Buzz pins but found this one Donald Duck pin on a pin board at Disneyland. It was Donald's face in a star, so random. I traded for it (even though it is most likely a scrapper) and my adorable dude was obsessed with this pin and carried it in his hand or pocket for the rest of the trip - like 2 days!

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I fell into pin trading on a Disney Cruise. On the cruises, they always do an Officers Pin Trading Night, where the officers of the ship come out with fresh lanyards, stand in a big circle, and it’s a pin trading frenzy for about half an hour. Apparently they are known to slip older LE and LR pins, AP and PP pins, etc. onto the officers’ lanyards when they come out so people will scan them as they head to the meeting place looking for the good ones.

As this was my first time, I knew none of this and was just trading for fun and for pins I thought looked cool. I still wasn’t sure on how pin trading with Disney employees really even worked and had to have one of the officers explain that I could just give any pin for ones I wanted, it didn’t matter. My now husband and I had been buying a Star Wars mystery set on the ship so we gave her a duplicate we had got. She said something about “Star Wars? You’re going to make someone happy.” The next person behind us in the circle was a little boy who saw her lanyard and practically yelled “Chewbacca!!” She leaned over toward us and whispered “Told you.” It was the first time I really got the magic of pin trading coming from a great trade where everyone comes out happy getting something they really wanted and it happened indirectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back