• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Completed Game: DPF Anniversary Giveaway #16

Completed Game: DPF Anniversary Giveaway #16

slbrabham

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
:DHappy 10th Anniversary to Disney Pin Forum!
93ef77a98708668867d1707ed7dff0f5.jpg

I love Disney mystery boxes and Disney themed boxes. The mystery of what might be always adds an element of extra excitement to any unboxing or unwrapping. This game became my opportunity to design an awesome themed box and three smaller mystery prizes.

The grand prize box is a celebration of the Disney Renaissance era of movies that introduced me to my love of Disney movies. There is at least one item from each of the 10 movies that are commonly referred to as belonging to the Disney Renaissance era.

The three mystery prizes are prizes themed to a specific movie. But which movie? The winners will find out when the package arrives in the mail. :p

Rules of the Game

• There will be one grand prize winner who wins the 10th Anniversary Disney Renaissance themed prize box. The grand prize winner will be the member with number one spot in the randomized number list.
  • There will be three themed mystery prizes for the members with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th spot in the randomized number list.
  • Entrant must be a DPF Member who answers my question.
  • Winner must be willing to PM their mailing address; giveaway open to international members as well.
  • Entrants have until Saturday, October 17th 2020, at midnight Central Standard time.
How To Enter

Answer the below question.

Which one of the movies from the Disney Renaissance era is your favorite and why?

Disney Renaissance Era Movies
The Little Mermaid (1989)
The Rescuers Down Under (1990)
Beauty and the Beast (1991)
Aladdin (1992)
The Lion King (1994)
Pocahontas (1995)
The Hunchback of Norte Dame (1996)
Hercules (1997)

Mulan (1998)
Tarzan (1999)

If you don’t like any of these movies, pick the one you dislike the least and write why you dislike it the least. :rolleyes:

Beauty and the Beast is actually my favorite Disney movie of all time! I think it has everything - a great setting, unbeatable soundtrack, lovable characters, and beautiful animation.

It’s always been one of my favorite fairy tales, and I think Disney really did this one justice.

I always liked how Belle was depicted as a bookworm and an outcast, and I appreciate that she is brave and selfless as well. I think Beast is an incredible character too and I LOVE his design... (I’ve read so many versions of Beauty and the Beast throughout the years - seen so many illustrations - and Disney killed it!)

giphy.gif

Lastly, I adore the moral - don’t judge a book by its cover; beauty is found within.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love a lot of these movies, but I think the one I like most is: The Hunchback of Norte Dame (1996).

I love the atmosphere in the movie. It feels like the classic Disney animation styles of the past. Some sad parts, some dark, but also happy. All the elements are there, the villian, the hero, animals and songs! It's got it all.

I especially like the gargoyles and Djahli is awesome. I collect goat pins because I am a Capricorn!

c57a3838a7de247928079b7ac27b1033.gif
bd77a9e4aceb9fde3bb5158fb684d29c.gif

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Such a tough call because that is right as I was growing up but I think I will go with Aladdin. I remember watching it when it first came out and being so “star struck” by all of the characters and the story. Also Robin Williams is the greatest!

A close second would be TLM because I think the music from that movie resonates with me more than any other.

I have a really hard time picking between Beauty and the Beast and Lion King. @SoraPandora covered many of the reasons I also love BatB so I’ll go with Lion King.

- It’s Hamlet with Lions and Hamlet is awesome.
- It had awesome music and awesome animation.
- It has the voice of James Earl Jones and he’s awesome.
- My husband played Zazu in a middle school play version of it and I’ve only learned this recently and never even seen pictures of him in costume or anything, but I can imagine it and it’s awesome.

So, yeah, Lion King: it’s awesome.

I already won my two prizes from the games but still wanted to enter for fun!
I think it was hard to choose a favorite but I would have to go with Pocahontas. As much as I love the Lion King and Aladdin, I think more recently I've been leaning towards Pocahontas. The environmental conscious message, the amazing soundtrack, beautiful animation, and story just is unbeatable.

Without a doubt the lion king for me! I loved Aladdin growing up also but the lion king was always my favorite! I’ve always had a love for animals and the music is incredible in that movie in my opinion. Still some of my favorite Disney songs. Thanks for another fun opportunity :)

Yikes! That is a tough question. I remember each of them coming out and at the time would have said that that one was my favorite. (Except Hunchback. I read the book when I knew the movie was coming and fell in love with it. The movie just couldn't hold a candle.)

Because I have to pick one I'll say... Beauty and the Beast. Belle is my favorite princess. I love the story, the soundtrack, the castle characters and Gaston's song is just the best.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I love Beauty and the Beast. The VHS was my first Christmas present from my hubby after we were married.
I love the music and the story. Now, I love singing the songs with my kids. It is a great movie and we now
own the DVD as well. :)

When I was younger, I would have said The Lion King 100%. I remember being so amazed by the scenery and the animals and how funny Timon and Pumba were. HOWEVER, I grew up with a younger cousin who would have that movie on repeat all day long. The movie ends? You rewind it and play it again. No ones in the room? You play it in the background. Want to watch another movie? Nope, The Lion King it is! I watched that movie so much I get a stomach ache thinking about it now, and I’m dead serious. I dreaded watching it when I was younger and I don’t think I’ve watched it in full since.

As an adult, I’d say it’s a toss up between Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast, depending on my mood, but Beauty and the Beast takes the cake for me. What can I say that hasn’t been said? That movie just creates an entire world within itself, and you feel immersed in their lives. Belle is such a strong female protagonist and you can’t help loving her. She is NEVER a damsel in destress and does not give into societal expectations. She risks her freedom for her father because family means everything to her. She looks past other’s differences and sees the true beauty in them. She reads books and understands her value and worth (hence she doesn’t throw herself at Gaston). Honestly, she is one of the most rounded Disney princesses of them all, and if I had a daughter I’d want Belle to be her favorite princess/role model. Heck, she’s my role model!

Aside from my love of the character, I love the happenings that take place in the castle. Gaston and Lumiere are hysterical and I love how isolated the castle feels at times, but how full of life it feels in others. There’s such a nice contrast throughout the movie and it just makes for such a strong vibe. Now I will have to find time to watch it when it gets a bit colder and cozier. That is my cold weather movie for sure!

Favorite scene from the movie you ask? I love the “Something There” sequence. The song, the attire, the Christmassy vibes. Makes me yearn for Winter and the cozy weather :)

Pretty much all the movies of the era had good stories and music but I'll lean towards the Lion King. The idea of hyenas ruining the ecology of the pride lands went over my head as a child but is something I can appreciate now. Pumbaa's "big balls of gas burning billions of miles away" is funny to kids for being about gas but also funny to adults for different reasons. Rafiki is also a fun character, especially the part when he hits Simba to explain that the past can hurt. Plus, everything is more fun with animals.

It is so hard to choose, but Beauty and the Beast is my favorite. The characters are so unique and fun, especially the enchanted servants. And the music is just so much fun. We love to watch it as a family and sing along to the songs.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Wow..What a movie selection, but it has to be Beauty and Beast. The story, the animation, the music, the voice acting...and of course Belle who selected "ME" to play the beast in Storytime with Belle in 2008. The children(now grown up) still recall the moments fondly trying to embarrass me of my love for Belle and of hers for me.

My favorite is Beauty and the Beast. I always loved the music and really enjoyed the characters.
However, Aladdin is a close second. It was my son’s favorite as a baby. He used to smile at Jasmine all the time and we referred to her as his “girlfriend.” He smiled a lot for Jafar (because he liked red), so we joked that he would grow up to be a villain.

hmmmm this a close one between beauty and the beast, and Aladdin... but im gonna have to go with Aladdin... the reason behind this is because I moved to the US with my parents when I was two... we didn't have the most money coming here because arabic money doesn't transfer all too well to USD. so we usually didn't buy many things... but one Christmas we bought a VHS! and you guessed it... ALADDIN! but this one was really special. It was in Arabic! an Aladdin vhs recorded in arabic! this meant is was very easy to understand that early on. and that why I love the movie!

Count me in as another one who definitely chooses "Beauty and the Beast"!
Sis and I were four years old when it came out, and I still have the movie ticket from when we went. :) I love the music, love Beast and love the Enchanted Objects. The animation and art is amazing. I think "Be Our Guest" is an amazing achievement.
The waltzing scene is beautiful, even if Belle's gold dress seems just a "little" over done on pins. I wish more attention was given to the Objects, because they are all great!
When we were down at Disney Springs in January, we walked in to find a Beast plush (BIG), and you know, I bought it right away! He's amazing. It's still a piece of Disney magic that just sort of causes me to melt right away. :) Fingers crossed that some fun new pins will come out for the 30th Anniversary next year . . .

giphy.gif

I have no children of my own but I imagine this is how it would feel to choose a favorite?

:D

I’d have to say Beauty and the Beast- Belle is my favorite princess for her love of stories and finding herself caught up in one all her own accidentally. Add to that a villain who came off both hilarious and frightening, a great wealth of action and a great wealth of heart... Disney literally at it’s best!

close 1st runner up would be Aladdin - I loved his and Jasmine’s story of finding each other and he had a pretty epic hero path.

2nd runner up- Lion King- one of the first movies I remembered seeing in the theaters and amazing story telling of Hamlet as brought out before :D

3rd runner up... little mermaid- the year I was born! =D

okay, okay... it was called their renaissance years for a reason ;) great responses so far and thanks for a fun game! :)

I'll go with Sis and a lot of others on this . . . Beauty and the Beast takes the cake! It is the Disney animated movie that we watch the most (don't actually watch a lot of animated movies) and it is a super film! Love the music, the colours are great, and as far as voice talent --- it leads! Robby Benson is top-notch great! Paige O'Hara sounds and acts so much like one of our best friends growing up that it is crazy to see! And the Enchanted Objects . . . the BEST! I love the "Human Again" sequence! We actually watched it recently, and then went and found the "Murder, She Wrote" eps that feature (Mrs. Potts, of course) and Lumiere and Cogsworth and the Wardrobe! Wish the Stove had more time in the film! He was always my favorite! I can't watch the scenes the insame asylum manager, though. He is just what I image the character of Vholes in "Bleak House" to look like, and it is crazy!

As a child, I absolutely loved beauty and the beast. I identified with belle, who was a bookworm. I loved the songs and the talking furniture. I guess it has a nice story/ moral of people can change and beauty is only skin deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back