• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF Facebook page?

DPF Facebook page?

Abyssinian28

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
So, I don't know why this didn't occur to me until this week, but DPF has a Facebook page, right?

How many of us are on there? Did most of you join there, as well? Do pin trade/sales happen there, or is it just a bulletin board for announcements and such?

I'm asking because I'm going to be purging down my traders (and keepers) significantly this fall (and probably into next year), and I've always found DPF (and forums in general) a little tough to use for sales because I don't have a free photo sharing site to use (haven't cared for the few I've used in the past). But FB would be really easy for me to use, because I already do some other BTS communities on there for things like dolls and TKDK.

I'd love to take a shot at finishing off my Wants list before selling this stuff, so somewhere where I can put a "trade or sale" note on them would be great.

Basically, is the DPF FB active enough to make joining it worth it, or is all the action here? :)

Not sure but please do try to post some here! I'm not on FB but would love to get in on the action!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not sure but please do try to post some here! I'm not on FB but would love to get in on the action!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Haha! I'll try, but like I said, it's not super photo friendly for people without photo sharing accounts. I could always post a list, I guess, but that seems like it would be a pain for a potential buyer/trader to look through...

I don't particularly want a FB account, either...I actually left FB for a couple of years. But eventually I came back for a handful of people and purposes. I just weed out the toxic stuff swiftly so I don't have to look at it.

Haha! I'll try, but like I said, it's not super photo friendly for people without photo sharing accounts. I could always post a list, I guess, but that seems like it would be a pain for a potential buyer/trader to look through...

I don't particularly want a FB account, either...I actually left FB for a couple of years. But eventually I came back for a handful of people and purposes. I just weed out the toxic stuff swiftly so I don't have to look at it.

If you have a smartphone, download the Tapatalk app and access DPF through there when you want to post photos. You just select them from your gallery and upload, boom, easy. Photos are the only reason I use the app; the rest of the time I use my web browser.

If you have a smartphone, download the Tapatalk app and access DPF through there when you want to post photos. You just select them from your gallery and upload, boom, easy. Photos are the only reason I use the app; the rest of the time I use my web browser.

Okay, cool, I'll check it out. Thanks!

I completely understand how you feel about FB; I feel pretty much the same and am not involved with FB for too many reasons to go into. And while I'm not involved with the DPF FB page, I can't imagine it's very active for pin trading/selling, simply because the protections we have for the Marketplace would be nonexistent there. As far as listing your pins, I may have a few suggestions:

First, try tapatalk. I've heard it's absolutely amazing for photo sharing and I may end up using it myself as I also expect to downsize a massive quantity of pins in an upcoming, unspecified timeframe.

Or if you posted a list, maybe you could post links to the pins' look ups in one of the databases, just so anyone glancing through your thread could readily know what the pins are. At the same time, indicate which pins have any flaws or wear and tear/damage (if any do) - and request interested parties contact you for pictures of any pins they want to see.

Or as a third option, sign up for a free third party hosting option and just post the pictures. I seem to recall (unless something has changed) quite a few people recommending Imugr and that also will be an option I will explore when it comes time to (finally) list my pins.

I am a part of the DPF Facebook group but it's mainly used for announcements rather than trades/sales.

^^What she said^^

I am the one who keeps the DPF FB page active (it's a page, not a group) and post announcements. I have a team that posts announcements on other forms of social media (I think IG). I have hootsuite to make the same announcement on three forms of social media at the same time.

Tapatalk is very good to post pictures though on DPF!

Back