• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Ironman Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Ironman Update

Ozzie1988

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
"We know you have been waiting on what to expect for our trading event on Saturday. Please share this with your pin trading friends!Thank you for your patience!"

At least they made it so that people may still go to the PTN at DLR... Or from another perspective, darn them for taking away any advantage those not going to PTN would've had on those who did go. Oh well.

At least it's better than the "plan" for the Beloved Tales release. This attempts to remain safe with lines and wristbands. I still believe they could have easily gone to LE 1000 with this release and not have to resort to one set per person.

I'm still done with Soda Fountain, until they decide to raise the edition sizes. Too much competition, cost, and time involved for it to be worthwhile for me to attend a release again. At least this time it's more of a personal choice than a concern for my own safety, on why I won't attend. I'm back to the mildly happy column for DSF's concerns for safety and minimizing the mad dash scenario. Good job, DSF.

They should fill the esplanade with everyone there, pick a random point and do the 1-100, and so on each of the 3 times. Or else we'll still get an unofficial line trying to say they are next up. They should make it the front of the alley by the sidewalk where they let everyone in and stop benefitting the parking lot Occupyists.

wouldnt the 351-500 people be for any left over pins and the marquee being LE500 so those in line after 350 would be without wristband but guaranteed at least the Marquee pin?? thats how I read it as least. Why not go to 500 numbered wristbands I don't know as there is not an LE350 pin in the release (I don't think) so odd number choice.

Do you guys think this release is going to be bad? I'm only curious because depending on how bad it is will depend on how much I'm going to have to put out or if I can even afford to get these pins :facepalm:

Do you guys think this release is going to be bad? I'm only curious because depending on how bad it is will depend on how much I'm going to have to put out or if I can even afford to get these pins :facepalm:

keep looking that the live from lol even still its too soon to say

It doesn't have to be bad as long as EVERYONE follows the rules about line up times! So follow the rules, peeps! :)

I have no idea if this is a good plan or a bad plan but it is AT LEAST a plan...right!?! :dunno:

wrong.gif

jkjk I like Community gifs haha so I had to use it. It's at least a step in the direction of eventually making plans :)

It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out. I'm just trying to determine whether the wristband distribution times will help avoid a mass exodus or if every distribution will be a mad panic to get within the limit. I'd just hate to have to go wait amongst a crowd of people more than once (considering I don't get a wristband within the first or second distribution).

I still say a LOTTERY is the solution to all this mess.

I say now that we've seen the flyer and we all know what the deal is...no one talk about it and no one pre buy. Don't talk about the release. Don't write about the release. Don't pre buy the pins. Let's not even THINK about it! Let's just pretend it isn't happening and see if any of this this along with DSF's new plan keeps the craziness down.

The less we say (pin traders as a whole) the less they know (resellers as a whole) and maybe...just maybe...they will stay away.

A gal can dream...right!?! :LOL:

good luck to whoever has to brave this crap. I don't think I even care about the Soda fountain pins anymore. I just want a PATF beloved tales but never going to happen. lol

I say now that we've seen the flyer and we all know what the deal is...no one talk about it and no one pre buy. Don't talk about the release. Don't write about the release. Don't pre buy the pins. Let's not even THINK about it! Let's just pretend it isn't happening and see if any of this this along with DSF's new plan keeps the craziness down.

The less we say (pin traders as a whole) the less they know (resellers as a whole) and maybe...just maybe...they will stay away.

A gal can dream...right!?! :LOL:

you hit it on the nail! but honestly i didnt think this release would get that much attention anyhow as the only reason the last release was crazy (Avengers) was cause there were tons of people leaving the premier and getting in line for pins too lol this time they spaced it correctly so it should be fine...

It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out. I'm just trying to determine whether the wristband distribution times will help avoid a mass exodus or if every distribution will be a mad panic to get within the limit. I'd just hate to have to go wait amongst a crowd of people more than once (considering I don't get a wristband within the first or second distribution).

I still say a LOTTERY is the solution to all this mess.

I think the lottery idea would solve it all. It's completely random and you can get in line prior to the start of the event instead of staying there all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back