• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13

Pin Pal

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Pin Release Update (please share):

Due to the high demand of Feb. 2nd's pins, we are bringing in security to monitor the line. Line ups for wristbands may begin at anytime Thursday, you do not have to wait until 6pm.
Children 4 and up are allowed to receive a wristband, but MUST be in line the entire time (with bathroom and meal exclusions).

... Wristbands will be distributed starting Friday morning
#1-75 will be handed out from 7am-8am (we will not go past #75 or 8am)
#76-150 will be handed out from 7pm-8pm (we will not go past #150 or 8pm)

If you plan to camp out Thursday night, please remember beds, tents, and other large items cannot be out until after 10pm.

Last edited:
I saw it but figured someone else would post, so thanks. I have mixed feelings. I liked the 6pm rush idea because it meant I could leave work at 4:30 and be there with time to spare and possibly get a 1-75 number. Now it's more like leave at noon and maybe not even make it for the 7pm wristbands. All this does is benefit unemployed people, retired people, and resellers that make it their living. We'll see how many kids get pulled out of school to go get in a line. Hopefully parents are smarter than that but I know how money talks to people.

I saw it but figured someone else would post, so thanks. I have mixed feelings. I liked the 6pm rush idea because it meant I could leave work at 4:30 and be there with time to spare and possibly get a 1-75 number. Now it's more like leave at noon and maybe not even make it for the 7pm wristbands. All this does is benefit unemployed people, retired people, and resellers that make it their living. We'll see how many kids get pulled out of school to go get in a line. Hopefully parents are smarter than that but I know how money talks to people.

I hear ya man, but I do not think it's fair to generalize. I saw the release date, and took the time off of work to attend. I know not everyone is fortunate enough to do this, but not everyone who can is unemployed or a reseller

I hear ya man, but I do not think it's fair to generalize. I saw the release date, and took the time off of work to attend. I know not everyone is fortunate enough to do this, but not everyone who can is unemployed or a reseller

I'm a poor working stiff too...and put in for time off...

"What did you do on your vacation?"
"I camped out in a Hollywood alley for Disney pins!" :D

I'm a poor working stiff too...and put in for time off...

"What did you do on your vacation?"
"I camped out in a Hollywood alley for Disney pins!" :D

I know what you mean! My boss knows I collect, so he didn't even react when I told him what the request was for. That's when you know you have an awesome boss.

What time is everyone planning to get there by? This would be my first release so any info would help.

Welcome to the chaos! You chose a very hectic release to start out with :) They said you can line up at any point on Thursday (tomorrow. The demand is usually not high enough to warrant camping out, but since Tangled and "UP" pins are involved, this will have a big turnout. If you go, you can park in the highland structure for $10

All-righty-then, I just called the DSF.
This is what I was told (subject to changed, at the managers descretion)..."beginning tomorrow morning at 8 a.m., people can start lining up for 'either' pin distribution time.
Geez...this is not looking good for me :(

As much as I appreciate their decision not to make everyone do a mad dash at 6pm, I kind of wish they'd just say 8am instead of anytime Thursday just to be clear.

I just went into go mode lol! Got my gameface on! Lol I dont want to let anyone down so im so nervous. Wish me luck and saftey as I drive tonight. My heart is pounding. And once again my son misses class. At least the teacher lets him make up his work and understands.

I just went into go mode lol! Got my gameface on! Lol I dont want to let anyone down so im so nervous. Wish me luck and saftey as I drive tonight. My heart is pounding. And once again my son misses class. At least the teacher lets him make up his work and understands.

what time are you planning to line up?

I'm just really annoyed at how they changed the rules at the last minute. Seriously. Two days ago they said no lining up til 6 PM on Thursday. Now, one day before the release, they decide to change the rules. That's really inconsiderate of them to do. Getting people's hopes up at getting the pins two days before, and then the day before crushing their hopes is not cool at all :(

Please, DSF, PLEASE make rules at LEAST 2 weeks in advance of a release date and STICK to them!! This way traders will know if they can or can't make it well in advance and can set up trades and/or pre purchases accordingly.

Also, why not just give out all of the wristbands on Friday at 7 AM!? That's just wrong to make people wait another 12 hours. I can't imagine what it'd be like to be number 76. What if you HAD to leave by 8 AM and somehow you didn't make the first 75 but you were in the first 150? You would have pretty much waited all night for nothing. That'd be the worst!! Plus, DSF staff wouldn't have to babysit the line! Everyone would win! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back