• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF PTD - GSF PTS _ Checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current cost of year 8 (Wave 1, 2 and 3) Pin Trader's Delight pins

66 released pins for 2013 X $13.03 = $859.98
Parking each visit $2 x 66 releases = $132.00
. $991.98

Now factor in gas from where ever your driving in from

Considering being at DSF for a release also factors into this price +/- but had to look at the numbers today.

I am sure glad I ended all my themes except UP (need 3 pins) and PTD (need 21 pin) or I would really be broke.

Has been the first PTD to have more wants than LE #>

Last edited:
Mark, which ones did I miss? I double checked and I think I have them all? Or else I need to add something to my WANTS immediately. :shock:

You need 59616 and 73088. Both of them were DVD pre-order LE150 pins. DSF did not get 150 preorders so to get rid of the extras they just gave them out as PTD's for a short time. They seem to have stopped this practice as the extras of their last DVD pre-order pin, baby Simba 86035, ended up in the LE 1-for-1 barrells at a few of their pin trading events. But 3 of their pre-order pins were given as PTD's; 59616, 67923, and 73088. You're list on page 1 only included 67923.

Mark, on your comments why I did not include the two pins you call Pin Trader Delight pins, they are not included because they were never released as a substitute for a Pin Traders Delight pin.

I have been going to Disney Soda Fountain since my son was 6 months old for regular pin releases or about there. I started to really collect the Pin Traders Delight pins seriously since but got them on an irregular basis since because my first collection was DSF LE 150’s and had 7 at the time (all but 2 were traded for now what “I” call junk pins) because going back in a week ment they were still there. The Mickey PTD was there for about 2 weeks even with DSF regular pin releases and being a LE 150 (only Mickey collectors actually drove up from Disneyland to get it). No one cared for the pins. I was only missing about 5 PTD’s because they were relesed like every 20-35 days before I started to collect them.

The reason some may not know why the Pinpics trade/want ration is the way they are is that of the 300/150 pin released are really in the hands of tourists so the actual pins that are in the pin collectors/trader/sellers hands are really low and actually hard to find.

Back then, they were easy to trade for – even for the LE 150 pins. We were allowed to buy 2 pins but if the worker knew us as a regular, they would allow us to buy up to 5 extra on a good day (that was with regular release DSF pins also) but who needed that many because they were not really good traders at the park or online (no one put them on eBay as no one bought them above retail – you would actually loose money if sold). Most of the time it was “where is this from” and “is it authorized”. I was able to finally complete a full set with all the substitution pins and am current up to last Saturday’s last release with them on their original backing cards when one was issued with them. It is harder now to find the original backing card on the PTD’s.

The two pins you say are PTD’s, as far as I am concerned were never released as substitute pins. Before posting this on this thread, when I saw some ones comments recently updating these pins Updated 2013-09-15 07:00:01 and Updated 2013-09-16 13:34:30 as PTD’s are getting HOTTER.
I asked Patty since she and Nelson are the only original Cast Members from when I first started to shop there. Nelson has no idea and Patty said that to the best of her knowledge, they were never substituted. I would tend to believe a long time worker and creator or most of the pins. I also was asking some of the old timers that have been at DSF back then and they said they do not remember it either. I for one was there at the times they would have been released and for sure would have got one or two or three since it fit me collection (the only one I have is from the DVD release)? Like all DVD releases, only like 50 or so were reserved. So if these pins were released as PTD (around 100 pins left over?), they would have lasted a lot longer than a day and a lot more people would raise their hands saying that they were released as PTD’s? Check the time line of dates in that year they were available. The average pin lasted 25+ days. I started to ask around who updated them. No one takes the claim. It just so happens that a few people started to trade and buy the two pins and I am assuming they will try to cash in and say they are like the Maleficent LE 150 that goes for over $100? The reason I included is because on my many trips to DSF, this one was substituted as a PTD. I specifically stated that "Pinpics member notes: This pin was also used as a Pin Trader's Delight GWP pin in October 2009". The listing on Pinpics is my addition. The way the listing is prepared is how I did all the pins I would add to the Database. I personally bought the pin via DVD and when it came out as a PTD and was available for a week. So I know that the two you mentioned would have been there for enough time for me and many other collectors to get them and verify the story (listing)

I took it upon myself to help a friend’s daughter collect a set of pin that were fairly easy to get. I offered to get her the Disney Soda Fountain Pin Trader Delight pins. They were small, local and when she came with us, she could enjoy an ice cream with it and a pin for free. I first gave her all my extras and started to trade for them whenever I could. I currently need 19 to finish her collection. I have a thread somewhere on here asking for them. I know of the two scrappers. Angel currently has one of them for reference only.

Just because Pinpics states that “Note: This pin was also used as a GWP for the Pin Trader's Sundae” And “Reported by Pinpics member:” doesn’t mean that they are. There are a lot of information that is incorrect that members add by mistake but are taken as correct.

Until someone from DSF verifies that they are PTD’s, I am stating that it is some ones way of cashing in on the inventory they are compiling? If you remember, I am the one that told you about all the substitute pins that you did not have in your collection because I have been there for the most part. I am no expert but I know my PTD's.

Mark, on your comments why I did not include the two pins you call Pin Trader Delight pins, they are not included because they were never released as a substitute for a Pin Traders Delight pin.

I have been going to Disney Soda Fountain since my son was 6 months old for regular pin releases or about there. I started to really collect the Pin Traders Delight pins seriously since http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=78521&sid=3312.1380588121.v2 but got them on an irregular basis since http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=53970&sid=3312.1380588121.v2 because my first collection was DSF LE 150’s and had 7 at the time (all but 2 were traded for now what “I” call junk pins) because going back in a week ment they were still there. The Mickey PTD was there for about 2 weeks even with DSF regular pin releases and being a LE 150 (only Mickey collectors actually drove up from Disneyland to get it). No one cared for the pins. I was only missing about 5 PTD’s because they were relesed like every 20-35 days before I started to collect them.

The reason some may not know why the Pinpics trade/want ration is the way they are is that of the 300/150 pin released are really in the hands of tourists so the actual pins that are in the pin collectors/trader/sellers hands are really low and actually hard to find.

Back then, they were easy to trade for – even for the LE 150 pins. We were allowed to buy 2 pins but if the worker knew us as a regular, they would allow us to buy up to 5 extra on a good day (that was with regular release DSF pins also) but who needed that many because they were not really good traders at the park or online (no one put them on eBay as no one bought them above retail – you would actually loose money if sold). Most of the time it was “where is this from” and “is it authorized”. I was able to finally complete a full set with all the substitution pins and am current up to last Saturday’s last release with them on their original backing cards when one was issued with them. It is harder now to find the original backing card on the PTD’s.

The two pins you say are PTD’s, as far as I am concerned were never released as substitute pins. Before posting this on this thread, when I saw some ones comments recently updating these pins http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=59616&sid=3324.1380588191.v2 Updated 2013-09-15 07:00:01 and http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=73088&sid=3324.1380588191.v2 Updated 2013-09-16 13:34:30 as PTD’s are getting HOTTER.
I asked Patty since she and Nelson are the only original Cast Members from when I first started to shop there. Nelson has no idea and Patty said that to the best of her knowledge, they were never substituted. I would tend to believe a long time worker and creator or most of the pins. I also was asking some of the old timers that have been at DSF back then and they said they do not remember it either. I for one was there at the times they would have been released and for sure would have got one or two or three since it fit me collection (the only one I have is from the DVD release)? Like all DVD releases, only like 50 or so were reserved. So if these pins were released as PTD (around 100 pins left over?), they would have lasted a lot longer than a day and a lot more people would raise their hands saying that they were released as PTD’s? Check the time line of dates in that year they were available. The average pin lasted 25+ days. I started to ask around who updated them. No one takes the claim. It just so happens that a few people started to trade and buy the two pins and I am assuming they will try to cash in and say they are like the Maleficent LE 150 that goes for over $100? The reason I included http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=67923&sid=3324.1380588191.v2 is because on my many trips to DSF, this one was substituted as a PTD. I specifically stated that "Pinpics member notes: This pin was also used as a Pin Trader's Delight GWP pin in October 2009". The listing on Pinpics is my addition. The way the listing is prepared is how I did all the pins I would add to the Database. I personally bought the pin via DVD and when it came out as a PTD and was available for a week. So I know that the two you mentioned would have been there for enough time for me and many other collectors to get them and verify the story (listing)

I took it upon myself to help a friend’s daughter collect a set of pin that were fairly easy to get. I offered to get her the Disney Soda Fountain Pin Trader Delight pins. They were small, local and when she came with us, she could enjoy an ice cream with it and a pin for free. I first gave her all my extras and started to trade for them whenever I could. I currently need 19 to finish her collection. I have a thread somewhere on here asking for them. I know of the two scrappers. Angel currently has one of them for reference only.

Just because Pinpics states that “Note: This pin was also used as a GWP for the Pin Trader's Sundae” And “Reported by Pinpics member:” doesn’t mean that they are. There are a lot of information that is incorrect that members add by mistake but are taken as correct.

Until someone from DSF verifies that they are PTD’s, I am stating that it is some ones way of cashing in on the inventory they are compiling? If you remember, I am the one that told you about all the substitute pins that you did not have in your collection because I have been there for the most part. I am no expert but I know my PTD's.

Those comments that those 2 pins were PTD's have existed for over a year. They were not just added when PTD's got hot. I feel like you don't want to admit they are because you can't live with not having them or having to find them for your friend. I don't get why some people don't count the Jack star because it was a substitute. all of those pins were 100% given as sundae GWP. They are ptd's. Now these extras were not entirely PTD's, they were DVD pre-orders first. but as the comment says, long ago, some were given as PTD's. maybe only 5 one afternoon, but i'm not sure why someone would make a random comment and pre-Lansam pinpics mods added it in the description. I just think if you're trying to make a end all be all reference you should include every pin. Pinpics is our history, I trust it over a CM's memory from 4 years ago.
You can collect whatever you like. For me, to be 100% complete I got them.
I'm not suggesting they should be added to add value to them. I already have them and don't have extras.
I don't get why it's so hard to add a side note. Same with marquees, 80% of people see the chip n dale new year or the Mickey & Minnie 80th anniversary pin is a marquee, but the 20% that don't don't want to count it and are unwilling to at least add a footnote.

A footnote give accreditation to the fact. Yes both pins were given out as DVD releases. Mark, I am not say

It's your memory against pinpics which had had the comment posted for a long time. Those comments were not just added. Also, it stands to reason if DSF gave out other pins partial/left overs as PTDs they may have done these also. Donald and daisy go to dsf, Pinocchio, pongo and perdita, and old hag, all in the same boat.

Pick any pin, just enter any random number, the pins were all "last updated" in early sept due to the new pinpics site. Those comments were not "just added" as you pointed out, those comments have been on those pins for 2+ years, other PTD completists have mentioned them well before this year.

Last edited:
Yes both were DVD releases as I have them for my DSF LE 150 set. And a footnote would give it accreditation. I am saying that I was at DSF at the times of the release you say happened. I also have other DSF long timers state that they didn't see it released. Take into consideration of the math. There were let's say 100 pins left over if not more? A normal release of the PTD at the time lasted about 25 days. You did not have it like today where someone called someone else. If One of these two you mentioned actually was substited, it would have spanned over 4 days taking into account that it averaged 12 PTD's per day so that would be like 6 customers per day? No one came in for 1 ice cream unless we were there for a release and got the current one. But even then the releases were at 9:30 am and ice cream was on sale at 11:00 am. No one waited around for them. Only about 20 people used to be there for releases. At LE 300's, most of the pins were availabe for days. It was a time of tourist pin. A couple came in and orders their ice cream. 2 pins. Again, PTD's were not wanted so there was no reason to buy additional pins. I usually only got the one for my collection unless it was a 150 but since I bought the DVD, only bought the one.

I do agree that pinpics is an awesome Database of pins and its members do a good job overseeing it but a lot of the pins are collector based information. Pinpics does not check for correctness. They check if its entered correctly. The two listings were not updated years ago. They were updated on PTD status weeks ago. If they were PTD's, I have no problem in trading or buying them. Infact, I would need 2 of each since I don't share a pin with other collections. Each collection has its individual pin.

The fact still remains that with the example of 100 pins substituted, there would have been more collectors to raise their hands and say "I got that one"? Reread the listings. Nothing on the entire page would have been updated. Only the PTD part is new.

I had talked to Matt long ago about DSF preproduction pins. THEY DO NOT EXIST. The pins given away at the DSF Events are Infact Preproduction pins but stated by DSF staff, there are no differences from what the eye can see. May tried to contact the few PP and AP DSF pins on pinpics but they do not have an account to contact. He had to leave the information on the pins since he could not denounce the information entered. So pinpics is not a bible of facts. It is a user based information. That also tends to be true about a lot of listings from years ago still do not have a photo of the pin that is listed. User based! User error!

The same thing with these two pins you mentioned. Since you are a completist, you can do some research and find the period of time that these pins were supposed to be released? I did on my end since if they were, I would definite need to get them. Someone would substantiate the information entered? I would guess that the information was entered to clarify where all the remainig pins went? The Beast and Bambi pins were inserted in the grab bags during an event. I remember because 2 girls were getting all of them. The lion king one, I have no idea about that one.

You have to also remember there are PTD collectors that don't include the substitute pins. There are also PTD collector that only collect the ones with an ice cream on the pin. As we are completist and our numbers are growing, we need every pin that was sold and issued when someone ordered a DSF PTD ice cream. That is the list I complied.

I sure hope you are right and I need to get them as a completist but personally being at DSF at the time and collecting them from before they were HOT, adding the Pinocchio personally because it was released and just like my UP collection - a completist - I know my PTD's.

The math and calendar and Patty do not give validation to pinpics claim that "a" member said it was fact.

You're making the assumption there were "100" left after DVD pre-orders, but that is a guess. Pinocchio statue for example was a DVD pre-order in January of 2009,
But the comment that it was a PTD came in October, 10 months later. You can also see in October they releases the Maleficent le150 which sold quickly, and they substitutes in the Stitch gold star as they ran out if PTD's. so there was already a substitute at in October so a jiminy substitute seems plausible.

I do agree that pinpics is an awesome Database of pins and its members do a good job overseeing it but a lot of the pins are collector based information. Pinpics does not check for correctness. They check if its entered correctly. The two listings were not updated years ago. They were updated on PTD status weeks ago. If they were PTD's, I have no problem in trading or buying them. Infact, I would need 2 of each since I don't share a pin with other collections. Each collection has its individual pin.

If it helps, Archive.org has captured the "pin group" listings of pins during it's Pinpics crawls (unfortunately, not the main pin listing). I was able to look up the oldest listing for both the pins in question. The oldest is for 73088 captured on December 1, 2011 which does include the comment from Pinpics member about using it as a PTD.

http://web.archive.org/web/20111201094736/http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=4484&pin=73088

The oldest for 59616 is December 11, 2011 so not quite as old, but also has the PTD comment in the description.

http://web.archive.org/web/20111211193510/http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=282&pin=59616

Thank you for adding the substitute pins. I plan to have a picture soon of my completed PTD collection. Just need to figure out how big of a shadow box to buy? Leave room for new ones? Get big enough for origintal PTD's and start a new one for PTS's? Hmmm...

Current PTS pins still have the DSFSS backings. Adi had mentioned that Theresa had ordered plenty prior to leaving for Maternity Leave. This order was placed as PTD's were switching every 3 days. With the recent Oogie Boogie lasting 20 days, that would normally had 6 more in that time period so along with the releases from Red Pascal to Hyacinth Hippo there should be more PTS released before we see any with a DSS backing?
1day3 days5 days1 day3days4days4days4 days20 days1 day currently 1 day

45 days / 11 PTS = about every 4 days

It is noted that after every 8-9 PTS's a "Hot" Character is released.

If a large order was submitted, then from the past released PTS's it would stand to believe that "movie sets" will be completed? Tangled (Mother Gothel, Maximus), Wreck-it-Ralph ( Sergeant Calhoun holding a Masterpiece, Ralph), Brave (Queen Elinor, King Fergus), UP (Dug, Ellie)?

I can wish.

If a large order was submitted, then from the past released PTS's it would stand to believe that "movie sets" will be completed? Tangled (Mother Gothel, Maximus), Wreck-it-Ralph ( Sergeant Calhoun holding a Masterpiece, Ralph), Brave (Queen Elinor, King Fergus), UP (Dug, Ellie)?

I can wish.

That'd be interesting if they tried to complete the sets now, but I don't think that'll be in this run. Mother Gothel already exists so all you need for Tangled is Maximus. As for Brave, I would assume Merida would need to happen lol The 3 brothers, mom, and dad wouldn't make sense without Merida herself :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back