• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

eBay Sellers?

eBay Sellers?

BATB_Abbi

Abbi
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey y’all. I was just wondering if anyone knew of the best pin sellers on the eBay? And if you knew of any that tend to sell fake pins?

I feel like there may be a thread for this already but I figured I would ask here...

Also are there any signs I should look for to avoid certain sellers?

Thanks guys

Last edited:
So btw we're not allowed to name sellers for whatever reason but the one you mentioned by name does sell fakes yes.

@BATB_Abbi : DPF doesn't allow the naming of eBay sellers, good of bad, here.

However, if you are on FB, I can send you a screenshot of a list of bad names...

General rules of thumb that I follow:

-No listings from China, especially if they're super low
-As mentioned above, nothing from a seller listing the same thing over and over- especially rare pins, and especially if super low
-No large lots. It's possible to find authentic large lots, but as a general rule, I don't do them
-If it's too good to be true, it usually is
-Backing cards and things like original boxes for mystery pins are added bonuses. It's not always a make/break decision for me (especially with older pins), but it helps.

For authentic large lots, I'd look here first, on the selling page. Then I'd look at people selling off a collection, things like that. Or someone with a small seller score (small as in "they don't list often", not small as in negative reviews). Thought process there is that the people with the large seller numbers are usually selling lots over and over again. But even buying like that is risky, because a casual pin fan might not know their stuff is scrappers.

Basically, you'll start to notice who's selling the scrappers and bootlegs. Once you weed those sellers out, most of the rest of the sellers are fine. You just have to determine if they're overpriced or not. :)

And be careful of reviews. There's lots of scrapper sells with amazing scores, because a lot of the people who buy from them either don't know they're buying fakes, or don't care- either way, they tend to leave good scores.

Back