From Louisiana after Ida

slbrabham

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Hi,
My sister and I are fine. Some DPFers reached out before Ida made landfall and I wanted to let them know we were ok. We are still without power and internet/cell service, but the houses are fine. Water was restored yesterday. We are better than most and so thankful.

School is out until at least after Labor Day here where we live. I work in Tangipahoa parish which is where I-55 and I-12 intersect and school is closed until further notice.

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.
Sarah and Becca

timeerkat

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Rating - 100%
328   0   0
Thank you for letting us know you are ok! I am glad your house is fine and hope your utilities are able to be restored soon!

Haunted575

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
How are your peeps in NO?

One sister evacuated to Austin and is still there. Another sister who is a nurse stayed at her hospital to work when Ida made landfall. Her house in Jefferson parish is okay just no power.

My cousin who is a nurse stayed and said she will evacuate next time as she was very scared during the storm by herself. After the storm, she opened the front door to go outside and a gutter fell down and hit her on her face and broke a couple of front teeth. Still, it can always be worse…. She and I have a trip planned to WDW in a few weeks but I’m afraid to ask if we are still going. She now has unexpected expenses but she may also need a getaway.

Thanks for asking and hope you and yours are getting through the aftermath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slbrabham

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
One sister evacuated to Austin and is still there. Another sister who is a nurse stayed at her hospital to work when Ida made landfall. Her house in Jefferson parish is okay just no power.

My cousin who is a nurse stayed and said she will evacuate next time as she was very scared during the storm by herself. After the storm, she opened the front door to go outside and a gutter fell down and hit her on her face and broke a couple of front teeth. Still, it can always be worse…. She and I have a trip planned to WDW in a few weeks but I’m afraid to ask if we are still going. She now has unexpected expenses but she may also need a getaway.

I’m glad your family is fine. My sister Erin was on the team that stayed at Oshner in BR during and immediately after Ida. She said it blew open windows but it was better than 2016 when she evacuated with patients during the flood.
We are still without power but it looks like it should be up by the 8th. (This one may beat my Katrina no power record.) The outlook is better than NO where it’s expected to be so much longer or Tangipahoa where they had so much damage. I work with several people who have houses that are total losses.
I understand about a getaway. In 2016 after the flood, I went to WDW. School was still out and I wanted to be somewhere else.

firechief18

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0

Glad to hear everyone is doing fine for the most part. Hopefully you're sister will recover quickly. Tell them both thank you for their service and dedication (nurses, the unsung heroes). Keep us posted on your WDW trip.

dancecats

Administrator
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Prayers and pixie dust to all who have been affected by the storm. All of you are in our thoughts. Thanks for checking in and letting us know that you're doing as okay as possible under the circumstances - and please continue to do so.