From PinPics folks

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by figment919, Dec 2, 2020.

1. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    147   0   0

Dear PinPics Pin Pals!

You may have heard for the 20th Anniversary of Disney Pin Trading, PinPics announced it will be transitioning to its new platform, Panopolis City. But there’s plenty of exciting news you may not have heard, and we’re excited to bring you up to speed.

But before we do that, we want you to know we heard you, and we’re planning a campaign to get the pin database up to date as quickly as possible. There have been limited resources, and a lot of challenges getting accurate information and properly formatted images. Nonetheless, we are determined, and with the new platform, there will be automated search and other features that have been in development for years. No one is more excited than we are for you to have the best database possible, and it won’t be much longer till that dream comes true.

Now, here’s what’s wonderful about the Panopolis City platform:

First, you can do everything you do with the current PinPics database: find info on an individual pin; discover pins that fit into your collection; keep an inventory of your collection, wants and traders; and connect with other Pin Pals for trades and sales. What’s more… we want to put the fun back into pin trading!

Panopolis City lets you do it all within a simulated city-living game where you can design and develop your own personalized slice of a revolutionary digital world. Imagine living in a virtual neighborhood of pin traders… a place built for us, by us…a place where you can show off and share all kinds of collections. Best of all, you’ll be among the first to discover a place where you can own property and build on it to create a lifestyle that’s fully your own. Panopolis City brings you all the fun of collecting and trading just like in real life, only it’s happening in a cool and fully customizable virtual environment that includes member exclusives and other pin surprises.

And the fun doesn’t stop there! Panopolis City is built right next door to the theme parks of Panopolis, with 20 themed lands and environments in development for you to endlessly explore. There’ll be rides, shows, games and attractions for every age. And with your very own place in Panopolis City, you’re always just minutes away from amazing theme park adventures based on timeless tales and brand new original content. And since it’s all about the pins, we’re leading the way for the future of pin collecting with Digital Collectibles based on the immersive environs of Panopolis, with new and original tales destined to become classics.

Our digital pin collections are already selling out fast, but you don’t have to buy anything to get started collecting. Like us on our Facebook PinPics page to be included in our Live Pin Games, and be among the first to learn about the future of fun at panopolis.com and panopoliscity.com.

Best Regards,
    Lenny
    Creative Explorer

2. maiarebecca

maiarebecca Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Are we going to have to re-log our pins or will they transfer them?

3. echan50

echan50 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

Was just going to ask.

shooting4ownhand likes this.
  4. summerskin

summerskin I control the weather

Rating - 100%
    83   0   0

This sounds...well less like a nice updated database for the community and more a platform for them to gain revenue and sell their own collectibles.

5. shooting4ownhand

shooting4ownhand Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    73   0   0

So is this the reason they are awful at updating their current database? Cause I'd rather them just update that...

6. bingandnelsonfan

bingandnelsonfan Baby Yoda Crazy!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

This sounds like a total change and not like PinPics. Uh oh . . . hope we don't lose all the collection/trades/wants info in the change.

7. rik1138

rik1138 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

I mentioned in the other thread- it sounds like Second Life for pin collectors.
    Basically a virtual reality city that you can probably create an avatar in and wander around to do stuff... Most of which will probably require spending some kind of 'in game currency' which has to be purchased with real-world currency...

Might be fun, might not... But that should be completely independent of PinPics if they care about the real, physical pin collecting community. They can make their virtual world with virtual pins and all, but keep those 'pins' out of the PinPics database, and get the PinPics database up to date. Two separate teams, websites and databases... Trying to mash it all together is likely just going to cause confusion and problems...

8. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Ugh! I have to walk away.

tiggeriffic and TiggerSue like this.
  9. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins It'saSmallSnowWonderElla

Rating - 100%
    108   0   0

I just read this email, and it may be that I'm old and creaky, but I give precisely zero fluffs about "building my own" digital world and blah blah. I need to invest in real property (ie, a house), not imaginary property. Let me catalog my collection and wants and connect with other collectors/traders. This is all most of us have wanted: a functional and up-to-date database. Offering additional options for those who are into all this stuff is great, but I am not interested in navigating some dang circus just to catalog my pins or reach out to others to trade. I haven't felt this cranky about a pin-related announcement in ages, but this really winds me up.

10. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

Ann:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    bcol, Ajk and shooting4ownhand like this.
  11. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins It'saSmallSnowWonderElla

Rating - 100%
    108   0   0

She's awfully spry for 102. I'll take it.

(Although you put an "e" on Anne, so you must have been talking to TMMR. :p)

12. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

Oops, sorry Ann, you and Anne are messing with my mind! B12 for me?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  13. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

You can make a PDF of your PinPics Profile by choosing Print and saving to a PDF.

14. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

Yeah, that sounds like nothing anyone ever asked for or needed.

And in the meantime, I'll give my regularly scheduled reminder that everyone should keep their own lists of owns/wants/trades and not depend on a third party to do so for you.

Thank you for coming to my Pin Talk. :D

15. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

O M G !! WHAT the Heck??

ALL I want to do is use the Pins I have for Trade to acquire Pins I'd like to own & display in my home. On my REAL walls. :) :)

Is that to much to ask of PinPics?? That's what it was created for in the first place. It has sure changed a LOT since the days of DizPins!! :(

16. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I hate to post negative stuff, but...........y'know, great for anyone who has any interest in this virtual play land, but reading the above responses mixed with my own response to the original post........most of us just want PinPics to be an up to date pin database, a continuation of the database that many of us contributed to, putting our time and effort into. Over the past few years it's become practically irrelevant. The newer Pin Trading Database may not have the huge history of pins at this point, but it's FAR more up to date on recent releases and I'd much rather use that than PinPics. If I find time to do more pin additions, it will be to the new database, not PinPics. Sorry, I have no idea who is running PinPics now or if they're the same people that ruined it when it was taken over but they really killed the golden goose back then and it's going to take a lot of work to bring it back to life....if that's even possible.

17. bingandnelsonfan

bingandnelsonfan Baby Yoda Crazy!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Thanks for that info! I just went and saved ours. That's very handy!

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  18. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Well that looks... nice! The execution worries me considering the amount of trouble they had simply allowing people to log in and keeping the database running in the past but if they pull it off that's sure to be a happy day!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

19. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Now you tell me! After i completed all my cut and pasting.:D

20. LittleBird

LittleBird Kimagination

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I am honestly so baffled that I haven't even worked my way around to irritated yet.

21. maiarebecca

maiarebecca Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I emailed the panopolis info. I was told that they will be transferring data so we don’t have to reenter it. And that we will be able to search by keyword again... so now we wait to see if that’s actually true...

krand1276 likes this.
  22. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Why are they wasting money on a virtual game? I feel like this would be better suited as its own site, not as a successor to pinpics. They've been so stubborn and hostile with keeping the regular site updated that I don't have much hopes for this.

23. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Agreed. The whole game thing seems so irrelevant if they can't keep the database functional....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  24. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

1. Not their money.
    2. They get to sell you virtual pins.

25. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0