• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Giving feedback

I'm having the same issue too. I'll see if sis can PM Cicada and find out what is up.

I find the closest thread similar to the trade started by the person I did the trade with and then in the comments section, I link to the actual trade thread (if there was one.)

IMG_4254.PNG
I'm having the same issue too. I'll see if sis can PM Cicada and find out what is up.

I find the closest thread similar to the trade started by the person I did the trade with and then in the comments section, I link to the actual trade thread (if there was one.)

I tried to do as you suggested. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or missing a step. I keep getting an error message as shown at the top of the post.

Any help or suggestions!

It was by design — the feedback system requires you to have posted in the thread for the deal on which feedback is being left (and that person had to have started the thread as well) — It's only enabled for the marketplace forums and all subforums and Secret Santa.

It was by design — the feedback system requires you to have posted in the thread for the deal on which feedback is being left (and that person had to have started the thread as well) — It's only enabled for the marketplace forums and all subforums and Secret Santa.

So we can't give feedback for trades arranged entirely by PM? (that's almost all my feedback)

Yes, this doesn't seem like the best design. First, for PM arranged trades. Also, for DL pickups. Shelterkat doesn't create the threads, but she's the one who gets / receives feedback.

The alternative is, every person who trades will have to create a trade thread, with the only content various traders posting something just to make the filter work. But that just means there will be tons of useless trade threads cluttering up that forum.

So we can't give feedback for trades arranged entirely by PM? (that's almost all my feedback)
I can remove the "deal thread required" restriction, but the intent was for the feedback to be more meaningful for marketplace users by enforcing the the feedback to be tied to a deal, similar to ebay feedback.

same issue for me- additionally when I tried to go back to home page I was thrown out of site and had to login again.
Suggestion: pre set some "thread" topics for us to use maybe? I couldn't remember my thread topic on trade I was trying to leave feedback for. Been in the works so long I have forgotten the topic title (this happens when one reaches 60).
sismelis

Is there a way to remove this part of it? I start a lot of "group" trading threads, like most recently the Park Pack Trading thread but also for the various Mystery Boxes, like the Aladdin one that is coming soon. Instead of 10 different members posting 10 different threads, about what they have and what they want (and with things like the Park Pack, this would repeat monthly). But if I'm the thread creator, then people could only leave feedback for me, correct? If two members farther down the thread chain make a trade then they can't leave feedback for each other, except if one them makes a separate thread. I would have assumed "group" threads were preferable for these situations because you would have a lot of activity all at once and it's better to have it contained to one thread, instead of dozens.

Is there a way to remove this part of it? I start a lot of "group" trading threads, like most recently the Park Pack Trading thread but also for the various Mystery Boxes, like the Aladdin one that is coming soon. Instead of 10 different members posting 10 different threads, about what they have and what they want (and with things like the Park Pack, this would repeat monthly). But if I'm the thread creator, then people could only leave feedback for me, correct? If two members farther down the thread chain make a trade then they can't leave feedback for each other, except if one them makes a separate thread. I would have assumed "group" threads were preferable for these situations because you would have a lot of activity all at once and it's better to have it contained to one thread, instead of dozens.

Cicada addressed it a few posts above yours.

I know he said he can remove it, I don't think it was clear that it had been removed. Then he went into the reason for setting it up the way he did. I was offering reasons on why in practice that may not be the best option.

I'm not entirely sure, but as long as a person had posted in the thread, they should be able to leave feedback for its creator. Regarding the second part, that's true. If two people find a trade within a thread that neither of them started then they would not be able to leave feedback.

If that's not how it's working (say, it's restricting it to only one feedback per thread, which it may very well be doing), then we can get rid of the Deal URL requirement. There may be other alternatives — i haven't explored the new feedback addon yet.

The intent was to make the feedback rating more meaningful as, it would be composed of only deals done on the site's trading/sales forums.

I looked into it, and it seems like these options may fix some issues:

Check Starter — If enabled, only feedback left for/from thread starter will be accepted and both users should have posted in the thread.
Unique Deal URL — Do not allow users to leave feedback twice for the same thread.

these are both off as of right now, so feedback should be able to be left multiple times for a thread, in the case of your "Pack Trading" threads; It will not also enforce a check on who the thread starter is, so people that have posted in teh thread should be able to leave feedback for each otehr, even if they have not started it.

Okay, so as an update, I've enabled some new things with the feedback system:

You can now add feedback from an individual post — click "Add Feedback" under the user's feedback rating, to add feedback for that user, for that post. This should help with @hopemax's big trading threads where multiple people are making deals in one single thread.

Note:
It will still require that you, as the rater, have posted in the thread.

zkaONoq.png

The feedback dialog should pop up, and you should not be able to add feedback for an individual post, so long as you have posted in the thread.

Keep in mind, that feedback still requires a thread to have been posted in by the person issuing a rating as well as the person they are rating for feedback; so there is still some enforcement that both have communicated in the same thread.

Additionally, it is still only active for accepting feedback in the marketplace only.

wwh1sWx.png

OK, that's good to know! I'll see if Kristina can start her own thread for selling the ACME pins. I know she's been busy, first with her wedding, then health issues, and now with her long-delayed honeymoon so that's why I started the thread for her.

I am having trouble leaving feedback for @slbrabham - I chose the thread to link to (the Park Pack trading thread), which we both commented in, and still I am getting this error.... what am I doing wrong?

ZOFEJE1l.png

I also am wanting to leave feedback for @aleck2008 - he saw my post in the Park Pack trading thread, but never posted in it himself, just messaged me directly. How will I leave feedback for him?

Ok I just tried again. I need to give feedback for the At Cost Pickup thread. I don't own the thread, but I do the pickups and give the feedback. Thank you Cicada for whatever you fixed, because it worked this time! It did make me add a comment even though that section says optional, but that's ok.

Okay, so as an update, I've enabled some new things with the feedback system:

You can now add feedback from an individual post — click "Add Feedback" under the user's feedback rating, to add feedback for that user, for that post. This should help with @hopemax's big trading threads where multiple people are making deals in one single thread.

Awesome, thank you!

I am having trouble leaving feedback for @slbrabham - I chose the thread to link to (the Park Pack trading thread), which we both commented in, and still I am getting this error.... what am I doing wrong?

ZOFEJE1l.png

I also am wanting to leave feedback for @aleck2008 - he saw my post in the Park Pack trading thread, but never posted in it himself, just messaged me directly. How will I leave feedback for him?

Did you use the "Add feedback" link under their rating in the thread for one of their posts?

Gc7ayIW.png

RE: @aleck2008 — It requires them to have posted in the thread; so he can post anything, really, and you should be able to submit feedback for that person in that thread.

My vote, for what it's worth: get rid of the thread requirement for FB. I suspect that most trades are arranged entirely by PM, and the point of trade FB is to let other traders know that the DPF member met their obligations in a trade. I don't see FB numbers being any more useful because they're tied to specific threads.

Back