• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Goes to Disney once, gains new hobby. Hello from Ohio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goes to Disney once, gains new hobby. Hello from Ohio!

PinBrandon

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey everyone, my name is Brandon, and I'm typing this out from snowy Ohio.

I've been looking around the forums for a little bit now, but finally decided to jump in. I always wanted to go to Disney World, but never seemed to manage it, until I got older and was able to actually afford it. Needless to say it was an amazing vacation, but now I'm left with a huge fascination for the pins! There's so many to go through that I really don't have a clue where to start!

Hello and welcome! I think a good starting point is to figure out what you'd like to collect. There are so many pins that it'd drive you nuts (and broke) to collect everything. Another helpful resource is PinPics.com. You can catalogue your collections, wants, and traders. A lot of people use it, so I highly recommend setting up an account. Good luck!

Yep, that's usually the way it happens. I live within driving distance to DLR, but I didn't start collecting pins until a trip to WDW far too many years ago, when I jokingly say I got 'rained into pin trading' (it's a semi-long story).

In any case, aloha and welcome, Brandon! Pin collecting and trading, like any collectible-based habit ... er ... hobby, can be a bit overwhelming because it has its own vocabulary and nuances. My best advice: take it slowly. Decide what you want to collect and limit your collection somehow (and I don't mean to any shiny piece of metal with a pointy back attached) before you end up with boxes of pins and three mortgages on your house. And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask; someone will be more than happy to answer any question you might have for you.

Welcome to the forum and pin collecting. As others have stated the key is definitely in narrowing down your scope. Just think about what Disney items you like best. Certain movie? A particular ride in the Park? Etc. And have fun!

Thanks for all the kind words everybody! I got an account on PinPics and realized just the sheer amount of pins available (wow). I'm not deterred though! I think I'm going to focus on stained glass - I got a Park Pack Fantasia one and it really spoke to me. They're nice, fancy, and it'll help keep my wallet in check. Hope to see everyone around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back