Grad school or how xdattax is...

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by xdattax, Jan 6, 2020.

1. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0

now a Gator!

I've been accepted to UF for a master's program regarding natural lands policy and administration. It is non-thesis and mostly online. (if you're FB friends with me, you've seen a little of this already)

I haven't been on the forum too much since May, when I decided to go down this route. Between studying for the GRE, applying, waiting for the answer, getting accepted, then figuring out how to COLLEGE again (I got my BA going on 13 years ago), realizing that grad school is a different ball game than undergrad, acquiring a new to me laptop, and now, today, starting class.

I'm hoping to cut back on some of my discretionary spending to afford the study abroad opportunities my program offers, but I'm a sucker for pins so I'll still be hanging out around here, but hopefully will curtail my fantasy pin habit.

I do want to hurt my wifi connection though. the recorded lecture is buffering something awful. Arg.

2. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Congratulations on this exciting journey! It does not matter that I attended a different SEC school.

xdattax likes this.
  3. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

I'm a firm believer that anyone who gets a Master degree, no matter what the subject, should also get a Master in research and writing. Every single class I took required research and writing.

Best of luck!

xdattax and TheMickeyMouseRules like this.
  4. MischiefMade

MischiefMade Ghost Dog Trainer

0   0   0

Best of luck on your journey ahead! I hope the adventure will be smooth and full of interesting opportunities!

xdattax likes this.
  5. Ajk

Ajk Pinnerdo on Instagram

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0

Congrats! Thanks for sharing this exciting news.

xdattax likes this.
  6. SoraPandora

SoraPandora I'm SoraPandora again!

Rating - 100%
    154   0   0

Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xdattax likes this.
  7. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

How exciting! Best of luck on the road ahead!
    [​IMG]

xdattax likes this.
  8. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Very exciting news! Congratulations and best of luck, I know you've totally got this!

xdattax likes this.
  9. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

[​IMG]

Eek! how exciting! If you have any questions about Gville or UF, don't hesitate to ask! Even though you're an online student, makes sure to go to at least one football game!

xdattax likes this.
  10. noone

noone Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Way to Go!!!!

[​IMG]
    way to go! i've often wondered how different college must be these days compared to waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when LOL. Congrats on your new adventure :)

xdattax likes this.