• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Greetings from Bilbao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings from Bilbao

Susana Gómez Ambrosio

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a Star Wars Guard pin collector.
I didn't even knew this group exists and I"be been searching my pins all over inet.
Right now I'm searching for what I think is a difficult one:

Disney pin mystery star wars magazines emperor's royal guard.

I only find the Artist proof around so in anyone can help me I would be really thankful.

Nice to meet this place!

Welcome welcome!

I wish I could say I'm surprised that someone is asking a cray-cray price on eBay for a pin, but unfortunately, it's part of reselling in a collectible-based hobby. You have to remember, at the end of the day, a pin is worth only what someone is willing to give up, whether in a pin trade or currency, to acquire it. Just because a person is listing a pin for (asking price) on eBay doesn't mean it's actually worth that. A strong indication that the pin is incorrectly priced (generally too high) is if it does not sell. Sellers can ask for whatever they want, but that doesn't mean that buyers have to purchase at that listing price.

The only thing I can advise is for you to be patient and keep looking. I believe that if you're meant to own a pin, it'll find its way into your pin bag eventually, whether through a trade, purchase, or zap.

Welcome welcome!

I wish I could say I'm surprised that someone is asking a cray-cray price on eBay for a pin, but unfortunately, it's part of reselling in a collectible-based hobby. You have to remember, at the end of the day, a pin is worth only what someone is willing to give up, whether in a pin trade or currency, to acquire it. Just because a person is listing a pin for (asking price) on eBay doesn't mean it's actually worth that. A strong indication that the pin is incorrectly priced (generally too high) is if it does not sell. Sellers can ask for whatever they want, but that doesn't mean that buyers have to purchase at that listing price.

The only thing I can advise is for you to be patient and keep looking. I believe that if you're meant to own a pin, it'll find its way into your pin bag eventually, whether through a trade, purchase, or zap.

Well you're right.
I've been looking for that pin (and others) for about 4 years so I know I must be patient. It's not finding it anywhere else what worried me.
But, yes...search search search....and wait and search again. Chase is nice too!

Well you're right.
I've been looking for that pin (and others) for about 4 years so I know I must be patient. It's not finding it anywhere else what worried me.
But, yes...search search search....and wait and search again. Chase is nice too!
I completely understand your frustration. I've been collecting pins since 2002. I have pins in my collection that it took me 7+ years to acquire. Plus there are pins I have been (not always actively) pursuing for at least twice that long - and I still haven't been able to add them to my collection (yet). It's always about being patient and knowing that if you're meant to own a pin, it'll find its way into your pin bag eventually.

Plus there is something to be said for being part of a pin community and networking; the more eyes you have looking out for a pin, the better your chances are of finding - and ultimately acquiring - it!

I completely understand your frustration. I've been collecting pins since 2002. I have pins in my collection that it took me 7+ years to acquire. Plus there are pins I have been (not always actively) pursuing for at least twice that long - and I still haven't been able to add them to my collection (yet). It's always about being patient and knowing that if you're meant to own a pin, it'll find its way into your pin bag eventually.

Plus there is something to be said for being part of a pin community and networking; the more eyes you have looking out for a pin, the better your chances are of finding - and ultimately acquiring - it!

Hope so!
But it's also good to find others with more experience that encourages me on my "chase" and if anyone can help well...that would be awasome!

Thanks you all in advance.

I'm a Star Wars Guard pin collector.
I didn't even knew this group exists and I"be been searching my pins all over inet.
Right now I'm searching for what I think is a difficult one:

Disney pin mystery star wars magazines emperor's royal guard.

I only find the Artist proof around so in anyone can help me I would be really thankful.

Nice to meet this place!
Hello

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back